key west florida

cardboardcharlie

theres a really great sub forum on this website thats specifically for Key West Florida. Lots of great ideas there and helpful info.

Key West is my fave place to go! Lots to see just walking around the port area over to Duval where all the bars and shops are. Hemingway House is nice to go through and see the cats. You can pretty much walk anywhere you want from the Port Area as long as you're physically able. Everything is nice and close by that way.

theres a really great sub forum on this website thats specifically for Key West Florida. Lots of great ideas there and helpful info.

Key West is my fave place to go! Lots to see just walking around the port area over to Duval where all the bars and shops are. Hemingway House is nice to go through and see the cats. You can pretty much walk anywhere you want from the Port Area as long as you're physically able. Everything is nice and close by that way.

Visit the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum and see sunken treasure artifacts.

Don't know when you will be there.

Depending on how many ships will be there, depends on where you will dock. You could be docked at the Navel pier which means that you have no choice but to take a shuttle into town -- free.

There is the Hemingway House to visit -- the Little White House -- and if you can walk far enough, southern most point in the Continental USA.

It’s a very walkable city. As noted, the Hemingway House and Southernmost Point are two good places to visit. The presidential retreat house is another as is the cemetery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very walkable. The conch train takes you around the island with commentary. For the best fish sandwich I've ever had go to Caroline's at the corner of Duvall and Caroline st. Lots of shopping. There's a maritime museum, Hemingway house, Truman House, Fort Zachary State Park among others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As indicated above, there is a lot to see and do in Key West and, best of all, most of it is within walking distance if you are reasonably ambulatory. To insure that you see and do what is most important to you, be sure you map out (and prioritize) your visit, leaving the least important items for the end of your visit. Key West maps are readily available online and (I'd expect) from the KW Chamber of Commerce.

Smooth sailing :tropical-drink: :beer-toast: :whiskey-glass:

The Pelican Path is a nice walking tour if you like that sort of thing. You can get copies in KW, or you can print one from here:

https://oirf.org/images/pelicantour.pdf

Thank you, kind sir, for the link to the Pelican Path walking tour - very nicely put together. Looking forward to using it soon.

Smooth sailing :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thank you, kind sir, for the link to the Pelican Path walking tour - very nicely put together. Looking forward to using it soon.

Smooth sailing :cool: :cool: :cool:

The brochure they give you when you're there has a map on it. The downloadable PDF is just a list. It's a nice little walk. Key West is flat, so it's relatively easy unless you have limited mobility.

We've enjoyed visiting the Kino sandal factory on a side street down town. I think it is a Cuban family that manufactures sandals and backpacks at very reasonable prices--sizes & styles for the whole family.

Also we've seen the Little White House and Hemingway's house. We used the HOHO bus, but, as others have said, Key West is very walkable. The ship docks right in town.

The ship docks right in town.

Not necessarily.

retafcruiser is correct. The Key West cruise ship calendar only goes to Dec 2017 but in Dec, Veendam docks once at the Outer Mole and once at Pier B. If the OP's cruise docks at Outer Mole, they will need to be shuttled into town.