drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

Well I’m guessing that when one person was buying the package and the other person just paying as they go, the non-package passengers were ‘buying’ less drinks, partly because some bar staff were assuming both passengers had the package and didn’t charge for the second, partly because of sharing, and partly because they just didn’t actually drink as much when they had to actually pay for it each time because it made them stop and think about it a bit more. So they figure they are probably going to go through the same amount of drinks, but now everyone will be paying for them.

The times we have sailed with only one of us having the Drink Package, I can not recall getting two drinks on one Sea Pass Card without being charged for the second drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've just purchased one deluxe package for my wife and not for me, if they can't sort the IT out to enforce all guests in a room to buy then I don't see how they can enforce when on Ship. We sail on the FOS on Oct 15th. If they suddenly bill me for another package i will not be happy. I would not get the value as I only drink a few beers each day.

I am very confused as to how this whole "personal preference" exemption works. Package sharers will just claim this exemption - and carry on sharing -won't they???

How can you "prove" a personal preference. Will they kick such people off the ship if they have then bought themselves a drink? Will their card be marked so they physically can't? Will all their friends be monitored so they aren't buying for them??

The times we have sailed with only one of us having the Drink Package, I can not recall getting two drinks on one Sea Pass Card without being charged for the second drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I show my sea pass card at the bar, I almost always can get two drinks at the same time (using the preloaded 3 drinks on the sea pass card). Guess the bar tenders like the daily cash tip I give them.

You keep posting that because they are a for-profit that this can't possibly have anything to do with preventing stealing, but those two things go together. There are plenty of people boasting about stealing, but the fact that people here have not seen it, means nothing, they are trying to hide it, and we have no idea who paid for a drink, or who has a package.

This does affect me, because my wife wants the package, but I probably was not going to buy, and it still doesn't bother me. We have the choice to buy it not, if it makes sense, we will, if not then no.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Both will make changes in the bottomline, but increasing pricing is to increases income, while decreasing product shortages is done to reduce the expenses. Whether you understand this is on you. But companies can & do make operating adjustments to both for specific reasons.

Again, is your known and/or visual experience a 1 to 1 ratio or a 1000 to 1 ratio on cruisers that you know for a fact are sharing?

This may have already been asked but I cant go through 8 pages of posts - so sorry if this has been spoken about already.

Lets say one of the adults in the group wants the drink package but the other adult is a recovering alcoholic and doesnt want the dink package available on their card. Then what?

This may have already been asked but I cant go through 8 pages of posts - so sorry if this has been spoken about already.

Lets say one of the adults in the group wants the drink package but the other adult is a recovering alcoholic and doesnt want the dink package available on their card. Then what?

There are supposedly exceptions to the rule, but no details on how the exceptions would be handled.

Originally posted by bala1130
My guess if you purchase 1 package, the charge for the other will automatically be added to you room charges once on the ship.

Anything posted to my seapass account without my authorization will not be looked upon kindly.

I'm not saying it's correct. But if the small print on the website says "Everyone 21 and over will need to purchase the package, everyone needs to", Royal could say you did authorize it...

Will this be for the Freedom also in Jan 2018?? I have one Drink package booked now, not for second guest.. Thanks..

No one knows for sure yet how Royal will handle existing purchases for cruises after Jan 1 2018.

Both will make changes in the bottomline, but increasing pricing is to increases income, while decreasing product shortages is done to reduce the expenses. Whether you understand this is on you. But companies can & do make operating adjustments to both for specific reasons.

Again, is your known and/or visual experience a 1 to 1 ratio or a 1000 to 1 ratio on cruisers that you know for a fact are sharing?

You seem to be proving my point for me. You keep trying to say this can't be about sharing because it is to increase profits. Profits come from the difference between costs and income. Whether you decrease the rate of theft (lowers costs due to theft and gets people to either buy a package or pay for their drinks, or just smuggle their own drinks on), or get more income (more package and/or drink purchases) you are still increasing profits, which is the point. Covering both of these things in one step just helps increase profits further.

I don't care what other people do on their vacation, I am not the drink police, and don't monitor other people, but since you are the one claiming there is no way this can have anything to do with sharing, why don't you provide the stats to back up your assertion?

In the end, I don't care, even though this effects me, it is what it is. I don't get stressed out about it. My wife and I will either buy a package if it makes sense, or not. We can make the choice for ourselves.

No need to lie about anything, if it is your "Personal Preference" not to drink then they will not enforce this rule

Why are the even making this change , when one can simply say . Personal Preference. So really no change at all. And all this and people are upset about it.

I called because we are on 10-29 Oasis of the Seas cruise and I purchased my husband a package about a month ago. I carry on my allowed amount of wine and that is plenty for me. I am NOT a drinker or do I care about cheating. If I really want to try something I just order it and pay for it but I will not pay for two packages. So the customer service guy said since we had already paid for it we were fine. The policy changed fleetwide yesterday so from here on when we cruise we will pay as we go.:)

Glad that neither I or my cabin mate drink!!!! Definitely I would not want to pay for a drinks' package if my cabin mate did and I don't.:(

MARAPRINCE

Sorry deleted post

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by MSUFan5

Why are the even making this change , when one can simply say . Personal Preference. So really no change at all. And all this and people are upset about it.

Because they know human nature - they count on the fact that you will not take the time to call in for the exemption and simply buy two packages online.

This is the result of the dishonest cheaters that try to share their package to save a buck. :mad::mad:

I would have to strongly disagree with you and say it is because the crew doesn't do an adequate job of charging the non-packaged guest. In the long run, it is going to effect the tip of the bartenders (negatively).

Because they know human nature - they count on the fact that you will not take the time to call in for the exemption and simply buy two packages online.

That and the fact that a very small % of the cruising public actually read cruise critic and would even know about the exemptions.