High Tea?

Can anyone tell me if 'Explorer of the Seas' has a High Tea available at one of the Restaurants. I have 7 family members travelling with me and there are two birthdays on the Cruise. Also, the reason for this cruise is because I had a special birthday in June of this year.

I would like to shout the family to one of these events because I don't think they have had a high tea before and it would be a nice experience for them. In July I was on P&O Pacific Jewel and they had a High Tea available and a number of our group enjoyed this to celebrate the Birthday of one of the ladies.

Many thanks.

Can anyone tell me if 'Explorer of the Seas' has a High Tea available at one of the Restaurants. I have 7 family members travelling with me and there are two birthdays on the Cruise. Also, the reason for this cruise is because I had a special birthday in June of this year.

I would like to shout the family to one of these events because I don't think they have had a high tea before and it would be a nice experience for them. In July I was on P&O Pacific Jewel and they had a High Tea available and a number of our group enjoyed this to celebrate the Birthday of one of the ladies.

Many thanks.

Sorry, but you will have to find another way to treat your family. Try Chops. :)

Hi Merion_Mom

Yes, I just think I will have to think of something else. We are already celebrating at Chops'nGrill but that's pyo. The High Tea certainly would be memorable but at a more reasonable price for me. I had a High Tea on the 'Pacific Jewel' in July.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Carnival still has it on sea days. Not High tea though, that would be a meal. Afternoon tea is what you mean. Tea in teapots, scones, cream and cucumber sandwiches.

Thank you Maryann for this clarification. Many folks seem to think that the little sandwiches, scones, etc. served with tea in the AFTERNOON is HighTea, but it is as you say afternoon tea. I know it really doesn't matter in the big picture, but why not call it by the proper name!!! :D

Thank you Maryann for this clarification. Many folks seem to think that the little sandwiches, scones, etc. served with tea in the AFTERNOON is HighTea, but it is as you say afternoon tea. I know it really doesn't matter in the big picture, but why not call it by the proper name!!! :D

Thank you Rala for understanding.

What is High Tea?

[/url]What Is Afternoon Tea

Carnival still has it on sea days. Not High tea though, that would be a meal. Afternoon tea is what you mean. Tea in teapots, scones, cream and cucumber sandwiches.

That's a bummer. This sounds like something I'd really enjoy. I guess it's too simple for these days.

That's a bummer. This sounds like something I'd really enjoy. I guess it's too simple for these days.

If you're ever on Carnival they do it; wheel around the cart with cakes, pie, scones, cookies, cucumber sandwiches, lox on toast, tea boxes, etc., no charge on sea days.

The last time I saw this on Royal was probably around 2003, on either Voyager or Explorer.

DSC_3519_Zyde.jpg

Every now and then, the HD on a ship will organize a lovely afternoon tea for certain cruisers, usually suite guests. You would never know it was happening, though, if you hadn't been invited. ;)

Just pointing out that RC DOES know how to put on a proper afternoon tea. :)

May not be High Tea but have been to Afternoon Tea on Celebrity numerous times. They too may have discontinued it as we have been sailing with Royal the past few years.

They used to do it and it was lovely. Now only for Elite and above once on a 15 day cruise.

We were on Explorer last week and on at least a few days they had "Afternoon Tea" from 3-4pm in the buffet (after lunch, and before they closed for a bit before dinner). The day we went was nachos and tacos and such though, which I thought was hilarious to be called tea. However, I had been planning to order room service nachos, so it saved us ~$8. They were showing a big Seahawks football game just after that time so that might have impacted the menu, but I think they should have just called it "snacks", as it was quite misleading.

I have cruised RCI, Princess, and NCL, and have only ever seen anything even close to resembling High Tea on Princess, but haven't cruised them in years, and haven't gone on any premium line either. If you happen to be doing an Alaskan or Pacific Coastal cruise that stops in Victoria B.C. though, there are several options there for a nice Afternoon Tea, most notably (and expensively) at the Empress hotel.