BB King Blues

lakemurraykid

Do they also perform on the Alaskan cruises?

It depends on the ship. BB King doesn't play on the Prinsendam, S-class, or R-class (except the Rotterdam). They do play on the larger ships in the Queen's Lounge.

And keep in mind that not all musicians can be on all ships at the same time ;p Just as was the case with the HalCats, or the Neptunes, or the Adagio, or the Piano Bar musicians, some of them are good and some of them not so much. We have had BB King bands that were outstanding and some that were just terrible. Unfortunately, the worst ones we ever encountered were on a 35-day cruise :loudcry:

I am scheduled to sail on the Noordam in May of next year to Alaska, and I believe that they were listed as entertainment. We enjoyed them on the Koningsdam.
Hello Sage! Thank you for giving me this info. Which cruise are you on? We haven't yet decided whether to cruise on HAL or Princess, but BB King is important to us. They were awesome on the Eurodam New Year's cruise this past year and they play the kind of music we like.

Let me ask you another question. In the past when we've cruised HAL, we've always had a Neptune suite and laundry and dry cleaning was always included as part of the suite perks. Do you know if this is still done? When I read the suite amenities this morning I did not see it listed.

Thanks so much for the information. :*

Yes, dry cleaning and laundry is still a suite perk.

Whether BB King Band performs is a ship issue, not a destination issue. BB Kind Band, as I understand it is on all the Vista, Signature and Pinnacle class ships. Not on the R and S class ships.

Hi Lakemurraykid. We are on the Noordam in early May. Yes the Neptune Suite perks are still in place. They had a very good turn around on the Koningsdam, same day, but that may not apply to all ships. They also, at least on the Koningsdam had an honor a bar open in the Neptune in the late afternoon before dinner seatings. We sailed to Hawaii on Princess, but I like the suite size better on HAL. I'm sure that whichever cruise you choose, you will have a wonderful time.