Four Adults in an Interior Room!

eleyezeeaye

You'll be fine. Respect and courtesy will go a long way. Pack light, stay neat and tidy, and perhaps settle some things beforehand like reasonable expectations for 'lights out'. I'd struggle if I wanted to go to bed at 11 and my roommates stumbled in drunk at 3.

Back yesterday from 7 days on the Breeze. Used Diamond reward for book 2 with 3rd and 4th person in the same cabin, FREE. Booked an ocean view with 2 baths (available only on Dream and Vista class). For someone used to solo cruising with beds pushed together as king size, I say never again! 4 women in 1 cabin was a fail. My next 3 cruises are solo.

I personally think you are cuckoo! :evilsmile: If this is the only way you are able to cruise, then I agree with some of the others who mentioned packing light with clothes AND everyday stuff. Toothpaste, Advil, etc. Bring ONE to share. Showers in the spa....maybe you can have one couple shower in room and get dressed, the other will do the spa shower and go back to the room to dress at which time the lst couple has to be OUT. Either having a drink or whatever. Then meet up for dinner. The next day you switch. Everyone should bring flashlight for mid of the night potty breaks and reading after lights out. Make ground rules BEFORE you go anywhere near the ship! Be courteous and neat and if things get "rough" remember why you became friends and be thankful for the memories you are making on a beautiful cruise. GOOD LUCK!!! :eek:

Sounds like fun, but even when we are just two to a room, I have to keep things organized. That would be rule 1. I agree with everyone here by sharing common things that you can to save space. For me, I would say bring one pair of sandals and one pair of sneakers. With space being tight, it's best to pack really light but it can be done. One person needs to bring an extension cord with no surge protector, I used this and plugged a usb charger there so I had four charging sources in one. This will have to work to charge cameras, phones, iPads, etc. and maybe give one outlet per person. I unplugged it when not in use. Also a small, but strong fan might be a good idea, both for temperature and white noise when it is bedtime. I was able to pack a nine inch fan last week and it worked well for keeping the room cool. Definitely get dressed in the gym most days and use common restrooms for other "business". Sounds like fun, we are actually going to be four to a room in November but will be two teen girls and my sister and I. I will send my teen son to the other room with my mom and another family friend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

IT WAS LIKE CAMPING, I told everyone except with a real nice Shower and a free buffet. . .

Did it in August with 4, not a problem as there is plenty of room under each bed for two full size suit cases. I just left my stuff in the suite case. Others used the drawers and I did hang up my shirts.

We only used the room to sleep so was not a problem. Sat out side on the deck most of the time

About electrical

Which ship? All have a 220, some have British some have Euro. Some newer ships even have USB. We bring a plug adapter for the 220. Most of our electronics are dual voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Vista where we had 3 in an interior (myself, a friend and his wife). I had the upper berth, of course. :o

It was do-able, but in the future we'll opt for a room with a sofa bed instead of an upper. After a few days I was startled -- and a little scared -- to realize that I was actually getting used to climbing that ladder. :D

OP, an additional suggestion: make note of the nearest easily accessible public restrooms in case you have to head there quickly. In our case our room was on Lido Deck forward and I made it a habit of visiting the well-hidden, never-busy Serenity restroom, a quick elevator ride up and down, before heading back to the room at night. It can also be handy when you HAVE to go but -- of course -- someone's taking a shower. :)

Battery operated tea light in the bathroom!

Check out a white noise app for one of your tablets or phones. I have a great one that also does a very low light clock. Great for a dark room!

When there were three of us in a room, the over the door shoe holder was great! We each had a vertical row for sunscreen, cameras, personal care items, makeup bags, etc... anything that would have cluttered up the desk and bathroom counter.

Definitely work out the sleeping arrangements, and any other ground rules, ahead of time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

no way I would do it. Last cruise on Carnival Dream our neighbors had 4 adults. one man named Walt who hated his mother in law and step daughter who were #3 in the room. They smoked and drank and fought for a week. Awful next door neighbors. we were happy to be off that ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Use the showers in the gym to save time when everyone needs to shower/get ready. Everyone will have to be VERY space conscious when packing!

This and have each person keep their toiletries in mesh bags so they stay seperate and portable.

Bring magnets to hold the various schedules on the wall or the back of the door. Bring hooks or clips with magnets on the back for extra hanging of things like swim suits, hats etc.

https://mycruisestories.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/cabins-inside-4-2303.jpg?w=640&h=480

how much more could another cabin be? vs sticking all 4 people in one cabin. The shower situation getting ready for dinner will be a nightmare there is no place to wait for the others getting ready

Hello all!

Now, before you go crazy and decide to tell me what a fool I am, stop. My husband and I and a close set of friends of ours are cruising (as cheaply as possible) in February as a joint birthday trip! I'm looking to see if there is anyone out there that has tips for saving room/sleeping with that many people to a cabin. We love Carnival and can't wait to just sit back, relax, and AHHHHH again! :cool:

Thanks!

Yeah, you probably are a little crazy, but it sounds like you know what you are doing. What ship and how long of a cruise? Just a few days is probably doable, but if its 7 days, you better hope they are GOOD friends, because after a few days even the best of friends get on each other's nerves. LOL

We have done 3 in a room with my daughter (who is just now six and itty bitty) and found it cramped, so I can't imagine 4 in a room. But here goes:

1. Beds need to be separated and hopefully the uppers are situated right above the lower beds (bunk bed style). Then at least you have floor space to walk.

2. Bathroom- use as sparingly as possible. Probably just #1 unless its the middle of the day and no one is coming back. LOL. And consider showering elsewhere or in the middle of the day when the other couple is gone. Also, hopefully the ladies are low maintenance as far as hair and makeup or willing to do get ready in the gym

3. Alone time- not happening, Not unless you are into "that sort of thing";)

4. Pack light- no a lot of drawer space available and very few hangers. Hang multiple things on one hanger.

5. Pick everything up, it does not take long to clutter a small space. You also might want to do a pop up hamper or one per couple. Getting the suitcases out to put dirty clothes in can be a hassle, especially with a small amount of space and you gotta put your dirty underwear somewhere (assuming you are changing them LOL)

6. Pretty much only be in the room for shower, changing or sleeping and if you can do the first 2 at different locations consider doing that. There is basically NO room to sit or stand in the room so unless you want to lay in bed, no need to be there

7. Discuss any ground rules, pet peeves or issues before you go and feel comfortable to bring it up if something comes along.

Have fun.

Hello all!

Now, before you go crazy and decide to tell me what a fool I am, stop. My husband and I and a close set of friends of ours are cruising (as cheaply as possible) in February as a joint birthday trip! I'm looking to see if there is anyone out there that has tips for saving room/sleeping with that many people to a cabin. We love Carnival and can't wait to just sit back, relax, and AHHHHH again! :cool:

Thanks!

Just got home from Dream. Had 4 kids in an interior room.

Battery operated fans. They had AC on low entire time and never seemed to cool. Always abt 10 degree warmer than our balcony. 1 fan person would be idea. This would also help with smell and stuffyness. Battery is key..not rechargeable.

Get a European plug adapter so you will have an extra plug

Hub app......just tell friends to ......stay from the room for a while haha

Room freshner........actually the kind that doesn't smell but eliminates order. (Oust ia tge brand) One stinky ....moist pair of shoes....actually there is NOWHERE to store them. Maybe a plastic bag tied shut! I almost tossed my 16 yr olds new shoes.

2xs per day housekeeping.

Do laundry 1/2 way. $15 a bag and stuff it tight. We turned in one bag....got 2 back. Was great for socks, undies, and workout clothes that get rank and can't really dry out.

Gym showering. Just make sure to lock the door.......my husband had a guy walk in and ASK IF HE WANTED COMPANY!!!! [emoji15] ....he showered in our room after that. Ha

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

no way I would do it. Last cruise on Carnival Dream our neighbors had 4 adults. one man named Walt who hated his mother in law and step daughter who were #3 in the room. They smoked and drank and fought for a week. Awful next door neighbors. we were happy to be off that ship.

Excuse my poor editing, I did not mean to hit send so quickly. Our next door neighbors were a family of 4 adults who had no consideration for fellow cruisers. They are the prime reason 4 adults with ages range from 25ish to 75ish do not need to pile in. They smoked in the room and on the balcony and Carnival refused to do anything about it. They were drun k most of the trip which lead to loud nasty fighting. Despite the lack of rest we had and the fact we could not use our balcony due to smoke we had a great time. we did not get a week of relaxation .

how much more could another cabin be? vs sticking all 4 people in one cabin.

I was curious myself so I did a trial booking for a seven-day on the Dream for October 18. Four in a room was $322 p/p, two in a room was $444. So roughly $500 total more for four people.

I was curious myself so I did a trial booking for a seven-day on the Dream for October 18. Four in a room was $322 p/p, two in a room was $444. So roughly $500 total more for four people.

First and second passenger in a stateroom are the expensive ones - third and fourth are often a pittance in comparison.

Booking 2 separate staterooms means that you are paying that much higher first and second passenger rate for all 4 people in the end.