Too High Celebrity Cruise Prices

mcrcruiser

LOL, glad the OPs are retired, have sailed over 70 times and found two 7 day cruises for 2018 for around $800 pp.

Bragging rights are in order and and the Celebrity current prices are just an aside.;)

Yes, to find great prices you need to be constantly vigilant. Last Feb we had booked a 2A for the loyalty price of a 2B on a Equinox Sep/Oct cruise. In Apr I was alerted by a CC posting and changed to an A1 for the loyalty price of an A2 - at the astounding price of an inside cabin! If you don't look for it, you'll never find it!

I think many of us price check all year long. Many of us can't book a last minute cruise to get the best prices, not if airfare will be higher because of the short notice.

I work and my vacation is planned out the beginning of the year. Most of the time I've already booked my cruise at least a year out to budget.

These pricing strategies/structures that Celebrity and NCL have do not work for me, and they're my favorite lines. By the time they finally drop their prices (and they do drop), I've given some other cruiseline my business. Maybe that's how they want it.

But I do two cruises a year and that's business could be going to them if the prices weren't so outrageous.

For 2018 I did want to do Equinox but it's more expensive than last year's pricing. I'm going to go with another line instead because of cost.

I looked at the edge but no way. Too high for the same old islands. I could do two cruises for those prices.

We are Elete + & sailed over 40 of our 79 cruises with Celebrity ;which is a really good cruise line . However , for retirees we find Celebrity prices much higher than even their parent Royal Caribbean or Holland America .

Interesting. I've looked at prices between these three lines with comparative itineraries and found HAL and RCL to be poorer value than many Celebrity cruises. When attempting to compare prices I'm looking at the duration of the cruise, the ships star rating and amenities, the room type and included perks and other value etc. There's no point comparing an RCL 3.5 ship to a 5.5 star S class ship etc....

How are you comparing prices?

I think many of us price check all year long. Many of us can't book a last minute cruise to get the best prices, not if airfare will be higher because of the short notice.

I work and my vacation is planned out the beginning of the year. Most of the time I've already booked my cruise at least a year out to budget.

These pricing strategies/structures that Celebrity and NCL have do not work for me, and they're my favorite lines. By the time they finally drop their prices (and they do drop), I've given some other cruiseline my business. Maybe that's how they want it.

But I do two cruises a year and that's business could be going to them if the prices weren't so outrageous.

For 2018 I did want to do Equinox but it's more expensive than last year's pricing. I'm going to go with another line instead because of cost.

I looked at the edge but no way. Too high for the same old islands. I could do two cruises for those prices.

Maybe another strategy you can use is, considering you know that prices drop at certain times of the year you can wait to book then given you know which weeks you are taking vacation.

Hypothetically speaking, if you know that between eight and six (8 & 6) months out prices drop, you can wait until that time frame to book your desired sailing and pocket the savings. Best of both worlds, I would think, unless knowing you are set well in advance is comforting.

This way you do not have to give another cruise line your business if you really like X but not their prices?

bon voyage

Interesting. I've looked at prices between these three lines with comparative itineraries and found HAL and RCL to be poorer value than many Celebrity cruises. When attempting to compare prices I'm looking at the duration of the cruise, the ships star rating and amenities, the room type and included perks and other value etc. There's no point comparing an RCL 3.5 ship to a 5.5 star S class ship etc....

How are you comparing prices?

m - methinks they are comparing only money (base cost) and not other factors which others may consider in the total equation when it comes to value.

Thank you for pointing this out.

bon voyage