Grand princess drydock for refurbishment?

USCAdventurer

Unfortunately, a lot of cruisers, especially first time cruisers, do not read the notices in the Patter regarding what can be flushed down the stateroom toilets.

If passengers would stop flushing adult/baby wipes, adult/baby diapers, sanitary products, facial tissue, condoms, etc., the toilets would function a lot better.

Sometimes brand new does not mean it is better. My very first cruise was on a very old ship, as a matter fact the next four cruises after that were also on very old ships. On my first cruise I was amazed at the size of the ship and the wonderful service, I did not have time to look at its wear and tear. One of my favorite ships of all times was the Carnival Holiday, and it was an older ship. We have also been on the Princess Dawn and she was wonderful too. We were on the Princess Diamond when it was brand new as well as the Carnival Elation a month after its first voyage and after that we decided that it is always better to let the ship age before going on it again. I don’t care if the carpet in the hallway has stains, I care that I have a clean room, descent food. We were on the Grand last May and enjoyed cruising her very much. We have another cruised booked on the Grand this coming May. As long as she floats, has food, and I can relax and de-stress Iknow it will be wonderful!

We are going on the Hawaii 15 day sanfrancisco grand princess cruise on January 22 2018. We are looking for some good tours to do. We are looking for some interesting fun reasonable tours. Please help

Our families favorite ship excursion was in Kauai- the ditch tubing- we loved it and would happily do it again. There are videos of it on YouTube if you want to see what it's about

There’s a site that lists all of the dry docks, dates and what’s being done. https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

There shouldn’t be any problems before or after a routine dry dock as those are planned practically down to the minute. If there’s a longer dry dock with modifications being made to the ship, then there can be post drydock issues. Not very common, though, unless something new and different is being done.

I hope that you are right! Our cruise starts on the Grand on March 20, 2019!!!!!!!!!!

Pooh

My first cruise in 1988 was on the Carnival Tropicale. I didn’t think there could BE anything larger! It was something like 36,000 tons. ;) Next was the Jubilwe and we were on the Holiday in 2000. All older and small, but I had a great time! We sailed the Grand to Mexico this past March. And we’ll be on her again in April 2019 to Hawaii. Can’t beat sailing out SF. Would I prefer a newer and maybe even larger ship? Sure, why not. But, for now, it’s the Grand or nothing. I’ve sailed on her two younger sisters, Star and Golden when they were new. At least I know the layout! ☺️

Sometimes brand new does not mean it is better. My very first cruise was on a very old ship, as a matter fact the next four cruises after that were also on very old ships. On my first cruise I was amazed at the size of the ship and the wonderful service, I did not have time to look at its wear and tear. One of my favorite ships of all times was the Carnival Holiday, and it was an older ship. We have also been on the Princess Dawn and she was wonderful too. We were on the Princess Diamond when it was brand new as well as the Carnival Elation a month after its first voyage and after that we decided that it is always better to let the ship age before going on it again. I don’t care if the carpet in the hallway has stains, I care that I have a clean room, descent food. We were on the Grand last May and enjoyed cruising her very much. We have another cruised booked on the Grand this coming May. As long as she floats, has food, and I can relax and de-stress Iknow it will be wonderful!

My first cruise in 1988 was on the Carnival Tropicale. I didn’t think there could BE anything larger! It was something like 36,000 tons. ;) Next was the Jubilwe and we were on the Holiday in 2000. All older and small, but I had a great time! We sailed the Grand to Mexico this past March. And we’ll be on her again in April 2019 to Hawaii. Can’t beat sailing out SF. Would I prefer a newer and maybe even larger ship? Sure, why not. But, for now, it’s the Grand or nothing. I’ve sailed on her two younger sisters, Star and Golden when they were new. At least I know the layout! ☺️

It will be our first time on the Grand to Alaska this August as we usually sail Celebrity; we booked as we liked the itinerary, sailing from SF. Realise she is an older ship, but I am feeling a little anxious having read the previous posts regarding ‘buckets in corridors’ :o. Is this still the case, even after the recent drydock?