I Want a Tile!!

e3g

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, pamrose228 said:

So my dh, ds and myself all gold on Carnival would be Mariner 1 when we go on the Zuiderdam in December. What do we need to spend to get us to Mariner 2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not all spending - you get credits for days sailed, double credits for sailing days in suites,  and credits for onboard spending, there is a section on the HAL website that explains exactly how many credits you need for the next level.  Also a chart that shows the benefits for each level.

On 10/15/2017 at 2:34 PM, Palm Bay Cruise Couple said:

Why oh why do some people refer to Holland America or Holland America Line or even HAL as 'Holland'.

Holland (Netherlands) is a country in Europe.

I always refer to it as ”Holland Americ Line ” because this is what I have always known it as. 

I worked on Holland America Line 40 years ago and that was what it was known by.

Holland America Lines still use that name for their face book and other forums. 

Regarding tiles. The one's they give out today are a poor imitation of then Delf ware ones that were given out some years ago. Today they are just scream printed. Still nice to own though. I have quite a collection .

43 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Oh, crap on a cracker! We forgot to get tiles AGAIN. Will someone post to my next live from thread and remind me? I'm an embarrassment to my family. 

Guess you'll have to contact Mariner Society for 3 tiles.

On our trip on Koningsdam (Nov.'18),  we encountered a couple while exiting the dining room with our tiles.  They were inquiring about the luncheon and said they attended all the mariner's lunches held that week.  Ours was probably the 2nd or third one held that week and I think they had another one scheduled.  I couldn't believe how greedy some people are to do that and admit to it.

They walked right in to the dining room.....go figure.

• 3 years later...