Navigator gym equipment? Personal training?

sr5242

I’ll be on the navigator in 2.5 months and was hoping to find out about the gym onboard

Can anyone tell me if there’s a squat rack or Smith machine? Chest press bench?

Anyone used their personal training? Know who’s currently working in the gym?

Thx!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll be on the navigator in 2.5 months and was hoping to find out about the gym onboard

Thx!!!!

There is likely a chest press bench, I've seen those on all Voyager/Freedom class ships.

Why would you want a personal trainer on a cruise??

That’s not really the issue is it? I don’t believe I was asking “if” I should hire a trainer

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a slovenly wildebeest trying to pack as much food in my mouth as possible. I take my training seriously and don’t want to lose gains

Thank you for your thoughtful reply! That’s why these boards are here right? ;)

You're welcome, and keep checking back, there may be more folks chime in as they remember more specifics.

Thx!!!!

haven't been on navigator but on every other royal ship ive been on (only been on voyager class or larger) there's been a smith machine. there's no squat rack and there's no barbells. I think it was 220 for 3 one hour sessions when i did personal training in Sept and there was also the option for three 30 min sessions for 99. 18% gratuity on top of that.

haven't been on navigator but on every other royal ship ive been on (only been on voyager class or larger) there's been a smith machine. there's no squat rack and there's no barbells. I think it was 220 for 3 one hour sessions when i did personal training in Sept and there was also the option for three 30 min sessions for 99. 18% gratuity on top of that.

Thanks!

If you are already using a trainer at home, you could also have them prepare you a program for that week. I’m a trainer and I completely understand not wanting to lose ground on a vacation. I will be in the gym every morning if for nothing else a good amount of cardio to keep the food from killing me ;p

I'm doing a b2b on Navigator next month and will be in the gym most mornings. I plan on doing a semi-live review and will attempt to get some pictures of the facilities and post here. I was on Freedom last year, and I thought I remembered seeing a Smith machine. There were also dumbbells up to I want to say 70 lbs but I could be wrong as I'm nowhere near the high end of those.... I would think Navigator is similar but will check and report back.

I'm doing a b2b on Navigator next month and will be in the gym most mornings. I plan on doing a semi-live review and will attempt to get some pictures of the facilities and post here. I was on Freedom last year, and I thought I remembered seeing a Smith machine. There were also dumbbells up to I want to say 70 lbs but I could be wrong as I'm nowhere near the high end of those.... I would think Navigator is similar but will check and report back.

Awesome!

If you are already using a trainer at home, you could also have them prepare you a program for that week. I’m a trainer and I completely understand not wanting to lose ground on a vacation. I will be in the gym every morning if for nothing else a good amount of cardio to keep the food from killing me ;p

Yes my trainers all offered to help but I just don’t do as good a job pushing myself as I do with help. Two years ago I was on the jewel and had an amazing trainer named Andrew! He really kept me on track!

That’s not really the issue is it? I don’t believe I was asking “if” I should hire a trainer

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a slovenly wildebeest trying to pack as much food in my mouth as possible. I take my training seriously and don’t want to lose gains

Anyone who trains seriously would not need to look for a personal trainer on a mass market cruise line just to get them though a 1 week trip.

You should be able to restrain yourself from the wildebeest within and hold off on the food packing.

No mercy Danielson............

Anyone who trains seriously would not need to look for a personal trainer on a mass market cruise line just to get them though a 1 week trip.

You should be able to restrain yourself from the wildebeest within and hold off on the food packing.

No mercy Danielson............

Agree - a personal trainer for a one week trip seems silly. They have no idea where you are or what you need to be doing or the best way to motivate you. Frankly, unless you are professional athlete who needs a workout to be constantly fine tuned; needing a personal trainer just to "push you" is a bit of a cop out.

Agree - a personal trainer for a one week trip seems silly. They have no idea where you are or what you need to be doing or the best way to motivate you. Frankly, unless you are professional athlete who needs a workout to be constantly fine tuned; needing a personal trainer just to "push you" is a bit of a cop out.

Hmm

How interesting that anonymous losers feel the need to weigh in on what’s best for someone else? All I asked was for info on peoples experiences with trainers on this ship

I’ve used trainers on four other RCCL ships and loved every experience

I’ve actually stayed in contact with my last trainer from 2 years ago

I prefer to have someone there to assist with heavy lifts and monitor my form

And again, whether or not I hire a trainer and why isn’t the issue here

So truly if you have nothing relevant and intelligent to add stay out of it!

Hmm

How interesting that anonymous losers feel the need to weigh in on what’s best for someone else? All I asked was for info on peoples experiences with trainers on this ship

So truly if you have nothing relevant and intelligent to add stay out of it!

Might just be me, but you lost the moral high ground with this:

"Perhaps it’s because I’m not a slovenly wildebeest trying to pack as much food in my mouth as possible."

"Perhaps it’s because I’m not a slovenly wildebeest trying to pack as much food in my mouth as possible."

This. It's your choice how to spend your money - but this cattiness will get similar responses back. I don't use a personal trainer - have in the past but not currently. Doesn't mean that I'm a slovenly wildebeest... just means that I've been training regularly for the last 10+ years - everything from marathons to triathlons to weight training to HIIT.

• 2 months later...

My thought exactly. I sort of read between the the lines that the OP feels that his/her superior "healthy way of life" is the only way that any intelligent, competent being could possibly consider, and therefore those who do not choose his way become slovenly wildebeests.