Considering a 5 Night Dining Package

Gordo

We are sailing on Radiance of the Seas for 11 nights next month and considering the 5 Night Dining Package. We wanted to know which specialty restaurants are included in this package, as this information is not listed in the description.

We know the following restaurants are on Radiance of the Seas: Chops Grille, Samba Grill, Chef's Table, Izumi and Giovanni's Table. Does anyone know if all of these restaurants are a part of the package? We know that we would get a $35 credit for food at Izumi since it is a la carte, but were really curious to know if the Chef's Table would be included in this dining package.

Chops Grill on the Oasis class ships definitely are disappointing, I haven't been on the smaller ships the past few years. Giovanni's is excellent, I would eat every night here....Samba Grill iI recall it on the Allure hated it for too many reasons! Chefs Table not part of the package and I do believe men have to wear a jacket maybe a tie, maybe somebody else will know more about it, but I am not one to want to do Chef's Table, I have to be gluten free my other half sugar free and they have a tasting set menu so won't work for us.

I still highly recommend getting the dining package, and your best MDR dinner menu's are the two formal nights.

Chops Grill on the Oasis class ships definitely are disappointing, I haven't been on the smaller ships the past few years. Giovanni's is excellent, I would eat every night here....Samba Grill if you like Mexican is good for dinner, we eat lunch here one day during our cruise but its good.....Izumi, small portions plus we don't care for the food very very salty too. Chefs Table not part of the package and I do believe men have to wear a jacket maybe a tie, maybe somebody else will know more about it, but I am not one to want to do Chef's Table, I have to be gluten free my other half sugar free and they have a tasting set menu so won't work for us.

I still highly recommend getting the dining package, and your best MDR dinner menu's are the two formal nights.

Samba is not Mexican. It is a Brazillian steakhouse.

Ourusualbeach thank you for clarifying it, I got mixed up with Samba and Sabor....now I recall, hated Samba Grill, we were a family of 8 from the age of 25-77 and all of us agree, unless it has changed the last time we went there was two or three years ago.

Chops Grill on the Oasis class ships definitely are disappointing, I haven't been on the smaller ships the past few years. Giovanni's is excellent, I would eat every night here....Samba Grill if you like Mexican is good for dinner, we eat lunch here one day during our cruise but its good.....Izumi, small portions plus we don't care for the food very very salty too. Chefs Table not part of the package and I do believe men have to wear a jacket maybe a tie, maybe somebody else will know more about it, but I am not one to want to do Chef's Table, I have to be gluten free my other half sugar free and they have a tasting set menu so won't work for us.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you about Chops on Allure of the Seas. In July we ended up having dinner there 3 out of 5 nights. Our waiter was wonderful and he recommended the bone in rib-eye steak. It was to die for. It was perfectly seasoned and cooked just the way we liked it. I wanted to try the gruyere tator tots, but normally don't like tator tots. I thought they were great and we all tasted them and the next time 3 out of 4 of us ordered them.

Additionally, Samba is NOT a Mexican restaurant. It is a Brazilian Steak House. On Allure we tried it but were very disappointed in it. We had terrible service even though there was only one other couple in there. Also, the salad bar was extremely disappointing. We go to Texas de Brazil often and that is at least one hundred times better than Samba.

Sabor on Allure is the Mexican Restaurant and it was mediocre. It wasn't a place I would go to again because I can get better Mexican food at places near home.

My next cruise on Allure will probably include three nights at Chops and two at Giovanni's.

Prior to sailing on the Alure I read many reviews and comments about Samba and found that either people loved it or hated it.

So glad that I didn't listen to the people that hated it as we have had a couple of great meals there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Same thing for Chops.

Katiel53 we both do agree about Samba grill but regarding Chops....Allure we were 8 adults and every one of us that had the beef dish was very disappointed in more ways than one although my father in law had the lamb chops and raved about it. We were on the Harmony this past May, tried it the first night....I noticed the table in front of us, the woman took back her steak for some reason....I found out she ordered the NY Strip as I did...I ordered mine medium rare it came to me well done...when I mentioned this to the waiter, he offered me to get something else and suggested he had a nice filet mignon he can get me quickly, needless to say, he placed it in front of me it was totally all char burnt!! The inside was medium I was able to eat that but I had to cut off the char burnt outside......my father in law had the branzino, a tiny piece of fish that was undercooked had to send it back was a bit raw in the center....Our waiter seem to have too many people to tend to, it was difficult to ask for another drink or get his attention....we did order the grilled black paper bacon over cooked and burnt and too much fat, I understand bacon has a lot of fat but hardly any pork on it, beef carpaccio one of my favorites was ok....but now they have UPCHARGE items and I feel since they have added these the quality of what is included in the price diminished plus on the Harmony the Chef did not cook the meats as we ordered. Things can be different on OP ship and it could be different on my Oasis cruise coming up, so I will try it the first night and if we are unhappy again, we just never go back again, but I do agree, specialty restaurants can vary ship to ship because of having different chefs.

Chefs Table not part of the package.

Thanks for the information.

We want to get a dining package as we think it will be nice to mix it up between the MDR and Specialty Dining over 11 nights. Just need to decide on how many nights now that the Chef's Table isn't included. And we already purchased the FNDR option.

Prior to sailing on the Alure I read many reviews and comments about Samba and found that either people loved it or hated it.

So glad that I didn't listen to the people that hated it as we have had a couple of great meals there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Same thing for Chops.

Thanks for the feedback. We have always had great experiences with Chops, we eat there at least once a cruise, and wanted to try Samba as we have a similar restaurant near our home that we love.