The "New" Deli Menu

cuppettmd

We are originally from NY and certain things you just do not do in combination.

When we moved to Va kept seeing convenience stores with specials of pastrami and swiss. yuck

If your from NY then you've probably been to Katz Deli, where if you ask for mayo, they almost remove you from the place, lol :loudcry:. I'm not really a mayo, mustard or any kind of condiment type person, so we just say plain and they seem okay with that, lol. It's kind of like not putting pastrami on rye bread, it just doesn't taste the same and I don't really care for rye bread with anything else. But to each their own, glad to just see these changes and be happy with them!

I'm good with a peanut butter, banana, and mayo sandwich.

Sounds gross I know but its actually really good. Better on toast than plain white bread. But both are good.

Try it with some lettuce for a bit of crunch .... doesn't change the flavor just crunches :D

:'):'):')

I know really? When I first clicked on the link, I wondered what kind of spam I just clicked on, and then I thought oh well, google search for dummies, here I go, lol. But your response was priceless. But am still thrilled about this new menu. ;p

Deli New Daily Specials:

Saturday, Egg and Cheese

Sunday, Smoked Pork Shoulder

Monday, Chicken Tikka Masala

Tuesday, Korean BBQ Beef

Wednesday, Grilled Cheese (muenster, sautéed spinach, and caramelized onion)

Thursday, Sauerbraten

Friday, Teriyaki Beef Jerky

If would be great if they offered a toppings bar for the revamped deli like they do at Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina. Carnival, anybody listening??

If your from NY then you've probably been to Katz Deli, where if you ask for mayo, they almost remove you from the place, lol :loudcry:. I'm not really a mayo, mustard or any kind of condiment type person, so we just say plain and they seem okay with that, lol. It's kind of like not putting pastrami on rye bread, it just doesn't taste the same and I don't really care for rye bread with anything else. But to each their own, glad to just see these changes and be happy with them!

Katz would probably ban you for life if you asked for anything other than mustard or Russian dressing on sandwich

209ce5b2576f7fe40ab3b2a1de9dc229.jpg

Here is the menu so you don’t have to watch a video to see it. Really can’t see how anyone can complain about this but I’m sure people will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No more roast turkey on a country roll :( They took away my pizza and now my sandwich.

IAlso, has anybody ever had this happen? I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich from room service on the Legend, and they put butter on the inside of the sandwich. It made it inedible.

For whatever reason they put Mayo on the inside which is gross. I'm allergic to eggs so I always have to make a special request without. I also think they will use mayo instead of butter on the grill side. I've seen them do it - I'm sure it depends where they're from.

I like the new menu but wish they would have kept the tuna sandwich on it - I loved it!

Also now hoping that they have some gluten free bread available at the deli...

Tuna was a favorite of mine but DH absolutely LOVED it. He had at least 2 a day. He is not gonna be happy! :eek::(

I'm good with a peanut butter, banana, and mayo sandwich.

Sounds gross I know but its actually really good. Better on toast than plain white bread. But both are good.

Try it with some lettuce for a bit of crunch .... doesn't change the flavor just crunches :D

Okay, both of you listen to me and TRUST me...white toast, slather with mayo on one slice, peanut butter on the other, put some bacon on one slice, put one slice on top of the other, cut in half and eat....it is DELICIOUS. I am having one for dinner! :D It was my mom's "invention" and when anything special happened, she would make this for us. Try it, you'll like it!!! ;p

I wonder which menu will be the new one...I see one with lox, bagel, cream cheese, and another without it, but the second one has a tuna sandwich. ??

Love the lox option, but like the tuna one too. Either way, will enjoy the new menu, whenever I get to cruise again on Carnival.

What happened to corned beef?:')

Also is that two different salads, or potato egg mixed together?

Corned beef still there under Ruben. 2 different salads. Looks like they added 12 things and took 1 away (salmon on bagel) so I’m sure people will say Carnival is terrible and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums