The "New" Deli Menu

cuppettmd

I doubt they are pre making sandwiches. This is not 7-11. There is no way a Reuben could be per made, pressed hot, nice and crispy bread and.......wrap in saran wrap, oh please, it would be a disgusting mushy mess. Where do people come up with this stuff. They would have to take the "deli" moniker off it and call it a grab and go. Deli=sliced meats

I doubt they are pre making sandwiches. This is not 7-11. There is no way a Reuben could be per made, pressed hot, nice and crispy bread and.......wrap in saran wrap, oh please, it would be a disgusting mushy mess. Where do people come up with this stuff. They would have to take the "deli" moniker off it and call it a grab and go. Deli=sliced meats

Hope your right for all that they make at the deli. They make toast hours before they serve it on lido hope they will not premake sandwiches

Hope you're right and it makes sense. Some people commented to John Heald that some of the ships the sandwiches were pre made. For hot sandwiches, they would just heat them up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

It’s gross!! Only Mustard on Pastrami! And it better be soft rye bread!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

totally agree and someone from Miami would know delis. Corned Beef or Pastrami is never served toasted and lettuce and tomato is sacrilege.

There is someone on board the Conquest right now and she's been posting live updates on one of the social media sites. I asked her if the Conquest was using the new menus and if the sandwiches were pre-made. She said yes to both and was unsure if they would make your sandwich to order.

There is someone on board the Conquest right now and she's been posting live updates on one of the social media sites. I asked her if the Conquest was using the new menus and if the sandwiches were pre-made. She said yes to both and was unsure if they would make your sandwich to order.

Sad that they would do pre made deli.

Hope your right for all that they make at the deli. They make toast hours before they serve it on lido hope they will not premake sandwiches

I hope so too. We sailed on HAL a year ago and they had pre-made sandwiches. The bottom slice of bread was always "damp" or the whole thing felt dried out - little happy median.

The deli was always made fresh to order though, right? I'll be on the victory and I hope they still make them fresh to order!

Yes but there are rumors that with the new deli menus there are now pre-made sandwiches. So I asked her if the sandwiches at the deli were pre-made and she said "yes".

My wife and I were on the Dream last July and they were using pre-cooked pastrami and corned beef, they would just reach into a canister with a pair of tongs and slap it on the bread, meat was very mushy at best, nothing like what we had on the Freedom back in April and Sept of 2016, there they would carve it cook it, toast it if you wanted it that way, add extra ingredients, etc. of course it took a little longer, but I'd rather wait than eat what they were making on the Dream.

totally agree and someone from Miami would know delis. Corned Beef or Pastrami is never served toasted and lettuce and tomato is sacrilege.

.......unless it is a Reuben....then it is grilled which is close to 'toasted'....LOL!! But agreed, NEVER mayo on corned beef or pastrami....ONLY mustard. Us deli-lovers know how to eat it!! hahaha

.......unless it is a Reuben....then it is grilled which is close to 'toasted'....LOL!! But agreed, NEVER mayo on corned beef or pastrami....ONLY mustard. Us deli-lovers know how to eat it!! hahaha

It is allowable, according to the official corned beef rules to put russian dressing on a reuben but only on a reuben.

It is allowable' date=' according to the official corned beef rules to put russian dressing on a reuben but only on a reuben.[/quote']

Growing up in Brooklyn, my favorite sandwich was turkey on rye with coleslaw & Russian dressing. Second favorite was tongue on rye w/mustard. Only problem with tongue is "how do you know when to stop chewing". LOL