If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

Just got my fourth cancellation for 12/27-12/28. Went from Hilton to Hyatt House, to AC Hotel to and now Holiday Inn Express just cancelled. Think I might call the airline to ask about same day departure flights for our cruise.

Just got my fourth cancellation for 12/27-12/28. Went from Hilton to Hyatt House, to AC Hotel to and now Holiday Inn Express just cancelled. Think I might call the airline to ask about same day departure flights for our cruise.

It seems that anyone thinking they have a hotel or even a room/apt with power etc. is taking a very big risk and at some time those flights are going to be full....if it were my vacation I would either be changing to a cruise out of a different port or booking flight same day...I would think ship would even sail a bit later to accommodation so many that have to fly same day.

Sad but true - Flying in from the east coast of Canada at the end of January - there is no way I could fly in day of. Got a sweet deal on Delta before all this mess and was able to drop a night in San Juan but I still have to do one night based on flight schedule.

If I were you I'd see if Delta would let you change your flights for no charge...fly the day before from NB to Atlanta, stay overnight, and then fly the morning of your cruise from Atlanta to San Juan.

I'm not sure about Disney, but I know most cruise departures out of San Juan depart later than usual (e.g. 8pm) to better allow day-of flights in.

We are booked at the Holiday Inn Express. I spoke to front desk there and confirmed last week. I intend to call the front desk every week until December 8th the night of our stay. I think the situation is fluid so I would stay in constant contact with the hotel itself, not Expedia etc, to make sure your reservation is still good.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn right next to the Holiday Inn Express. Right now the hotel is fully booked with power company workers. We were talking with some of them who told us they’re working 24/7 and expect it will be a year or more before all power has been restored. I’d book a back up reservation just in case.

Just got off of the phone this morning with our hotel. The Verdanza will be cancelling our reservations for Jan. 18-19. We had booked through a 3rd party many months ago. They have yet to hear about it.

Never expected this into January but we fully understand.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Forums mobile app

I live in the northeast and reserved our cruise as a retirement vacation Jan 13 for my DW and myself. We are booked on the Celebrity Summit. Our big concern with winter cruises is flights to the destination, insurance or not. I currently have 3 hotel reservations in San Juan that are fully refundable and cancellable up to 2 days before. I suspect that they will all eventually be cancelled due to FEMA and other more important reasons than my cruise. Fortunately we are on Southwest so flight changes are easy. My solution to the problem is simple, fly to Florida on the 10th and enjoy some Florida time and hop on the 635 nonstop to SJU from MCO. Problem solved, no weather or PR issues to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live in the northeast and reserved our cruise as a retirement vacation Jan 13 for my DW and myself. We are booked on the Celebrity Summit. Our big concern with winter cruises is flights to the destination, insurance or not. I currently have 3 hotel reservations in San Juan that are fully refundable and cancellable up to 2 days before. I suspect that they will all eventually be cancelled due to FEMA and other more important reasons than my cruise. Fortunately we are on Southwest so flight changes are easy. My solution to the problem is simple, fly to Florida on the 10th and enjoy some Florida time and hop on the 635 nonstop to SJU from MCO. Problem solved, no weather or PR issues to deal with.

Many of those on my Nov 11 Roll Call are doing exactly that. In our case, it's the 7 am American Flight from Miami to SJU.

Following this. Havent called our hotel yet because I've read recent reviews but now that it's been listed as one of the hotels to house locals I think I should bite the bullet and call...going to be stressful either way so may as well get it over with :]. We were/are suppose to fly in Nov 23rd for our cruise the 25th. Was hoping to do an excursion at Acampa but not sure if it's even running now..Fingers crossed!

I have a reservation at Holiday Inn Express for Dec 8..have not been notified of a cancellation as yet. How were u notified if u don’t mind me asking?

Will be cancelling back up reservations and fly in on the day of the cruise. Praying for good weather and no delays!

We are from NY also and it is 50/50- the snow may get you depending upon when you are cruising! Good luck. Best to get a room by the airport

Some of us have no option but to fly the day before!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone has the option of flying to a SJU gateway city such as Miami...Atlanta etc. depending on airline and hometown. Take a nice airport hotel there and an early flight the next day to SJU...I don't see where that very good option is not available to everyone and could eliminate this Russian Roulette game so many seem to be playing with the hotels.

Has anyone been turned away at the door of the hotel when u have a paid confirmation receipt in your hand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did read two different posts on Facebook where the peoples reservations were canceled while they were in the air on the way there. One was sent to a different hotel and the other person never reported back as to what happened with them.