Favorite production show or entertainment on your cruise

robthens

We really enjoy the production shows on Princess. Our all time favorite is "On the Bayou". Have seen it 3 times & I really hope it will be on our upcoming November Coral sailing.

The Ultimate Ship Tour was the most interesting thing we have done on the ship.

Would love to hear preferences of others.

Aloha,

For me personally, I really like the new show, Born To Dance. As far as non-production shows, I’m a huge fan of The Modern Gentlemen...an amazing vocal group that performs everything from Sinatra to The Four Seasons.

Aloha,

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

We really enjoy the production shows on Princess. Our all time favorite is "On the Bayou". Have seen it 3 times & I really hope it will be on our upcoming November Coral sailing.

The Ultimate Ship Tour was the most interesting thing we have done on the ship.

Would love to hear preferences of others.

We also loved "on the Bayou"! We saw it twice on the Island and wish it were on other ships.

My new numbar 1 favorite is Bravo, can’t wait to see it again. That makes On the Bayou number 2. Still love Colors of the World and Spectacular on the Royal too. And sweet Soul Music.

For whatever reason I do not much care for Fiera.

"'Magic to Do" is a pretty good show. Saw it last month on the Emerald.

Ultimate Ship's Tour is really, really, interesting. The crew explains all about the "behind the scenes" operations. Going up on the bridge is fascinating. We were brand new to cruising, so we weren't invited to any Capt.'s Circle parties.Going up to the bridge was our only opportunity to speak with the Captain.

The photographer takes pictures at many places around the ship, and you get a scrapbook of your photos, plus a full length comfy bathrobe, an apron, a drink at the end of the tour, and a notepad with your name printed on it. It's amazing how much work goes into the smooth operation of a giant cruise ship. Strongly recommend this tour. :) - EBC

Maybe once on the Royal in March I will try one of these shows that has been mentioned several times and go and see. I have yet to go to a production show (none of these newer ones involved) that hasn't put me to sleep. I mean the cast members really work hard and aren't too bad and do their best; just to date hasn't been very interesting to me. If I were to make just one show that will probably be on the Royal in March, which one should I try?

Pooh

Maybe once on the Royal in March I will try one of these shows that has been mentioned several times and go and see. I have yet to go to a production show (none of these newer ones involved) that hasn't put me to sleep. I mean the cast members really work hard and aren't too bad and do their best; just to date hasn't been very interesting to me. If I were to make just one show that will probably be on the Royal in March, which one should I try?

Pooh

I can't remember which ship has which shows, so can't recommend a specific show on Royal. We tend to like the shows with familiar music the best, whether it's soul or Broadway tunes or rock nostalgia. I found "Magic to Do" to be a snooze-fest, though others like it.

One thing I will say for the Royal is that on our cruise in January I thought the cast -- the lead singers in particular -- were the best I've ever seen. There were a couple of really good voices. In think in general I've seen better production singers and dancers on the Regal and Royal that on the medium sized ships. Our last cruise, on the Emerald, was disappointing by comparison.

Jim

Where do you sign up for the Ultimate Ship Tour? I looked in my Cruise Personalizer and don't see that anywhere in the Onboard Reservations.

Thanks for the help!!

US: You can't sign up ahead of time unfortunately. What you do is the first thing you do upon boarding the ship is do not go to your room; do not go to the food; do not do ANYTHING but go to Customer Service Desk and sign up there. When we did it they only did it once on our cruise and it was limited to 12 people. So go there first and sign up. Good luck.

You will love it. When we did it, not only did we get a luxurious bathrobe but also a chef jacket and 3 pics! So make sure to leave some room in your suitcases for any goodies they might hand out.

Pooh

My favorite production show is “Once Upon a Dream”.

I know you didn’t ask. I like to say my favorite entertainer that I seen on a Princess Cruise was Bert Stratton.

Tony

Bert (with an e) is our favorite entertainer too. We were fortunate to see him several times on the Caribbean Princess. Hope we get to see him on our January cruise.