Nonrefundable clarification

iiramos

In the case of a buyer having the option to freely cancel, they should bear the risk.

Seems pretty obvious you feel this is somehow onerous, devilish and consumer-unfriendly. If you are looking for a situation where you have no repurcussions for backing out of a deal, I can understand how this policy would frustrate you.

For many, it levels the playing field by quantifying the risk of a potentially changing situation.

Give a break.:rolleyes: I'm just more curious than anything else why people are so eager to accept anything the company thinks up instead of looking out for their own best interest. Companies certainly are looking out for their's. Instead of deposits being lost after final payment they have extended it out infinity. Quite a change. Maybe I'd have less of an issue with a non-refundable deposit if one cancelled all together and as long as you could change the date or ship with no loss of funds. Stuff happens. I will simply be booking closer to sail time. No big deal.

No idea why people keep comparing cruise lines and airlines. Other than the fact that they both operated very expensive pieces of machinery they are two very different industries.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I compared Royal Serenade 11 days Southern Caribbean over New Years at $1268 inside to Royal Princess 10 days Southern Caribbean over New Years at $649 inside with onboard credit and Shareholder credit so booked yesterday with Princess. Love the ships, love Princess as much as Royal.

You just have to keep looking.

Would never even consider an inside cabin...and fares changes constantly so that moment-in-time compare could change any time...so comparison shopping between the 2 cruise lines for that would be a waste of time for us and anyone else who cruises with us.

As for the topic....Princess happily consumed our deposit on a cruise a year ago despite cancelling 29 hours after booking - they were firm on their 24-hour rule. Another reason they won't ever get our business.

Give a break.:rolleyes: I'm just more curious than anything else why people are so eager to accept anything the company thinks up instead of looking out for their own best interest. Companies certainly are looking out for their's. Instead of deposits being lost after final payment they have extended it out infinity. Quite a change. Maybe I'd have less of an issue with a non-refundable deposit if one cancelled all together and as long as you could change the date or ship with no loss of funds. Stuff happens. I will simply be booking closer to sail time. No big deal.

No idea why people keep comparing cruise lines and airlines. Other than the fact that they both operated very expensive pieces of machinery they are two very different industries.

No idea why you do not get that they are there to make profit, they are not there to provide you with insurance, or to ease your burden. Every time somebody cancels and rebooks to another ship, they have to deal with reselling that original room. They are already on the hook if they cancel or change something, there no reason they need to be on the hook because you decide to cancel. If you decide to cancel - then you need to fullfill the contract you signed, which in this case, you chose the NRD.

While I (along with everybody else that books) would love a $100 owners suite with no cancellation fees, free internet, airfare, and drinks, that is just not happening. In the end you have a choice - book a refundable if you cannot commit, or book another line or another vacation type.

I actually have no problem with NRD (especially with only being out $100), and if it helps stop people from squatting on bookings they will probably never take, then I hope all go to NRD. I am one that plans out ahead of time, and like to book early, and still sometimes find rooms already booked that I would love to have, only to have to keep checking to see if one comes back on the market due to squatters.

No idea why you do not get that they are there to make profit, they are not there to provide you with insurance, or to ease your burden. Every time somebody cancels and rebooks to another ship, they have to deal with reselling that original room. They are already on the hook if they cancel or change something, there no reason they need to be on the hook because you decide to cancel. If you decide to cancel - then you need to fullfill the contract you signed, which in this case, you chose the NRD.

While I (along with everybody else that books) would love a $100 owners suite with no cancellation fees, free internet, airfare, and drinks, that is just not happening. In the end you have a choice - book a refundable if you cannot commit, or book another line or another vacation type.

I actually have no problem with NRD (especially with only being out $100), and if it helps stop people from squatting on bookings they will probably never take, then I hope all go to NRD. I am one that plans out ahead of time, and like to book early, and still sometimes find rooms already booked that I would love to have, only to have to keep checking to see if one comes back on the market due to squatters.

I know exactly why they exist, thanks. I am also glad that you have no problem with the NRD. I am sure RCI appreciates people with attitudes like yours.

I run a business. I know how I treat my patients. I understand that stuff happens. They can't make it, we can't fill the appointment time, I'm out income. I respect my patients enough to eat the loss. But that is just me and my outlook on things.

I know exactly why they exist, thanks. I am also glad that you have no problem with the NRD. I am sure RCI appreciates people with attitudes like yours.

I run a business. I know how I treat my patients. I understand that stuff happens. They can't make it, we can't fill the appointment time, I'm out income. I respect my patients enough to eat the loss. But that is just me and my outlook on things.

However, now days many service businesses have cancellation fees.

Maybe your market will not accept them, but they seem to get more common every day.

However, now days many service businesses have cancellation fees.

Maybe your market will not accept them, but they seem to get more common every day.

I am well aware of cancellation fees. My "market" has nothing to do with my outlook on how to run my practice and my general views on life and having empathy for people's situations. I feel good about how I do things. That is what really matters.

I am well aware of cancellation fees. My "market" has nothing to do with my outlook on how to run my practice and my general views on life and having empathy for people's situations. I feel good about how I do things. That is what really matters.

This :D. I couldn't agree more.