Ideas for Italian Night on the Divina

Avril

I'm sailing on the Divina over Christmas and New Years (59 more days until we board, can't wait). I love to dress up for the theme nights, it's a lot of fun!! [emoji3] I know you don't have to dress up for the theme nights but I enjoy it. I know what I'm wearing for 70s Night and White Night but am having trouble figuring out what to wear for Italian Night. I know it's the colours of the Italian Flag (red, white, and green) but can't figure out what kind of outfit to put together. This will be my 1st MSC cruise so I have no idea what people wear for this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Avril. Most people don't bother dressing up for any night, especially Italian night as most don't have that combination of colours in the wardrobe. If you have an outfit for White Party, why not just add a green or red scarf, beret, shoes, or any other item of clothing. You will get great kudos for trying. Ken

I'm sailing on the Divina over Christmas and New Years (59 more days until we board, can't wait). I love to dress up for the theme nights, it's a lot of fun!! [emoji3] I know you don't have to dress up for the theme nights but I enjoy it. I know what I'm wearing for 70s Night and White Night but am having trouble figuring out what to wear for Italian Night. I know it's the colours of the Italian Flag (red, white, and green) but can't figure out what kind of outfit to put together. This will be my 1st MSC cruise so I have no idea what people wear for this. Does anyone have any ideas?

DH and I kind of made an effort!1b70fbb72bfe1ab0c1f31ada3472543d.jpg

I wore a white pantsuit with a red top and a green scarf. My hubby wore a red golf shirt with an Italian flag logo (found on e-bay I believe from a company that did custom logos. The shirt was high quality and very reasonable). Most people did not dress up for Italian night, but the crew seemed very impressed that we made an effort and fussed over us,

A couple on our cruise had brought floppy chefs hats with pizzas on top! That got laughs and plenty of attention all round. Not many people bothered to dress up on theme nights. This was a grand voyage with an older clientele.

On our sailing on the Divina - 7 days turned into 13 due to hurricane Irma- people did dress for the theme nights. I didn't have much for the Italian night either, but I had a dress with some green and red in it, and husband wore red checked button down shirt. White night was easy, and tie dyed shirts the other night. The staff did appreciate the attempt made, and it was fun nights, especially the Italian night with special dessert presentation. I still miss the pizza from the buffet!!

Safe sailing

Unfortunately Italian night only exists on Divina, now. On our last 4 cruises - 1 Grand Voyage, 1 Arabian Gulf and 2 Med - it was "Mediterranean Night" where the menu included dishes from Med countries. I really missed "Italian Night". On Meraviglia, I opted to wear a white dress with green cardigan and red scarf, knowing that "Italian Night" was no more. The maitreD' and sommelier in YC restaurant thought it funny (both Italian!). "So", I asked them, "where is Italy, now? Last time I looked, it was still in the Med." Still, it wasn't the same. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

Thanks everyone!! :D I just needed a couple ideas and some inspiration. I have a white dress (which I'm going to wear on White Night) that I can wear with a green sweater and something red (not sure what yet) for Italian Night. If I could find something with the Italian Flag on it (to go along with that outfit) that would be great.

Thanks everyone!! :D I just needed a couple ideas and some inspiration. I have a white dress (which I'm going to wear on White Night) that I can wear with a green sweater and something red (not sure what yet) for Italian Night. If I could find something with the Italian Flag on it (to go along with that outfit) that would be great.

Do you have any Madi Gra beads? Could use a strand of each color.

Do you have any Madi Gra beads? Could use a strand of each color.

I do!! :D I don't have any red or white ones though. I have lots of green, some blue and purple, and some (I think) gold). I was think of a red scarf but unfortunately, I don't have one of those either. :(

Thank you ! It’s an old favourite from Banana Republic.

You're welcome!! :D We have those stores here in Canada. I'll have to check sometime to see if they have one the same or similar.

I searched for a long time for something I could stand to wear that was red-white-and green, as I wanted to include all three colors and most dresses were Christmas-y. I finally found a white dress with large red flowers (green leaves) on it at the bottom...so, that's an idea! My DH will wear his white dress pants and a green shirt.

I searched for a long time for something I could stand to wear that was red-white-and green, as I wanted to include all three colors and most dresses were Christmas-y. I finally found a white dress with large red flowers (green leaves) on it at the bottom...so, that's an idea! My DH will wear his white dress pants and a green shirt.

he could add a red bow tie (clip on, or pre-tied would be easiest) and complete all 3 colours