Independence of the Seas Question

Good Afternoon All,

I'm looking at a cruise on Independence of the Seas, From Port Everglades, December 2018. I've done Freedom once and Liberty three times. what are the differences from Freedom and Liberty to Independence? it also looks like Independence is a popular ship as well. How do you like Independence if you sailed on her?

Good Afternoon All,

I'm looking at a cruise on Independence of the Seas, From Port Everglades, December 2018. I've done Freedom once and Liberty three times. what are the differences from Freedom and Liberty to Independence? it also looks like Independence is a popular ship as well. How do you like Independence if you sailed on her?

Indy is very close to Freedom right now since Liberty has received the slides. Differences in decor and shows are the most significant. Freedom also has the faster internet and Dreamworks characters.

I've sailed Indy multiple times as well as Freedom. The two ships are very much the same. I have not been on Liberty. Neither Freedom or Indy have the water slides that were added to Liberty... unless something changed during a dry dock that I don't know about.

I like Indy just fine and feel the same way about Freedom. If Indy was still doing the 8 night sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale I'd have no second thoughts about booking.

Indy was he best cruise we have had so far out Of 5 cruises but it was a couple years ago. We are hoping Freedom is the same when we cruise in December. We prefer this size of ship...Especially the solarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Indy was he best cruise we have had so far out Of 5 cruises but it was a couple years ago. We are hoping Freedom is the same when we cruise in December. We prefer this size of ship...Especially the solarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not think that you will be disappointed.:)

Hi Bob

Where can I find the biscuits/ scones? With the clotted cream . My wife would be thrilled to have that in the morning. Sailing 11/27

Thank you,

George

Ocean Boy might remember better than I, but I thought the clotted cream biscuits were in one of the stores on the Royal Promenade.

I got off IotS in April. It has a dry dock coming up so technically, it has been a while since it had any major work done. The diamond lounge was also closed for renovations while i was on it. I'm not diamond so it didnt bother me.

I felt that IotS still gives the traditional cruise experience compared to the newer ships since it doesn't have all the newest bells and whistles. Those bells and whistles being tons of specialty dining, smaller events, reserving events ahead of time, and costumed characters on board.