Suelantro

Suelantro

Best is midship, and the lower the deck, the less motion.

Yes.

Think of a ship as a see-saw. A lot more motion on the ends (bow and stern) than in the middle (midships), though of course its nowhere near as extreme as a see-saw.

And more side-to-side swaying if you're up on a high deck.

JB :)

The lower you go in middle of ship is best place not to feel motion. Think of a metronome. The top flies back and forth but the bottom is still. The higher you go and in front & back of ship, the more you feel the motion!

I am not sure the age of your son.

When our daughter was young she also had bad motion sickness in the car. We took her on her first cruise when she was nine years young and for the first few years we gave her bonine for children. This helped a lot. We did so only after consulting with her pediatrician. I would recommend speaking to his physician about this. Yes, staying in a deck mid ship is good and on a lower deck but the reality is you will also be out and about so I do think something more is a good idea such as the bonine. So again my advice is to consult with the physician.

Keith

Hi there, thanks Keith. He is 13 and inwill do that. Did it make her feel sleepy?

You are very welcome.

No, she was fine with it and we used it for a few years until she no longer needed it.

We would give it to her before boarding the ship.

Keith

That's great. This is so helpful. Have a great day.

S

Now that your question has been answered let me give you some posting help. In the future when starting a new thread put an appropriate topic in the subject box. Otherwise it defaults to your screen name.

There is also less motion in most inside cabin since most are closer to the center of the ship. But being able to see the horizon with either an oceanview or balcony cabin may be more beneficial.

I wouldn’t recommend ocean view. Looking out a window gives a limited view of the horizon bobbing up and down. Not good for motion sick prone people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tend to get car sick as well. I have done lower, mid-ship interior rooms for this purpose.

As others have suggested I have always done the Boniane prior to boarding and I typically take it at least once a day. I haven't noticed any real side effects to it. I also got motioneaze oil that you put drop of behind the ear. You can get both products from local drug store cheap.

You could also try a motion wristband that has a pressure point magnet. I personally haven't tried them but I've heard lots of people swear by them.

If he has pretty severe motion sickness in the car I would definitely ask the doctor about the prescription medicine as well. Better to be prepared with it just in case. Depending on the time of year you're going and where sometimes I have had pretty rocky rides even midship lower inside.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

I wouldn’t recommend ocean view. Looking out a window gives a limited view of the horizon bobbing up and down. Not good for motion sick prone people.

Seeing the horizon is literally the single most effective thing to PREVENT motion sickness! The reason we feel it is that our eyes say the environment is not moving but our other senses say it is - if your eyes can actually see the movement it stops the sensory disconnect. Same thing with cars/buses/trains - face forward, look out the window, so all your senses are aware that your body is moving.