What happens when someone doesn't show up?

kathyemma

We are sailing over Thanksgiving. We have two rooms - not next to each other - maybe 8 rooms apart? In one room is my mom, my daughter(19) and her friend (18). The other room is my husband and myself. There is a 95% chance my husband won't be able to go. We both have the drink package (purchased with a 25% discount). If he doesn't show up will I be able to officially move my mom into my room and have her take over the drink package? Or because of the girls ages would my mom have to still be listed in their room - but crash with me? And if that is the case would the drink package money be refunded to me or could I transfer it to my mom? And since we really won't know if he can go until that day - all of this would have be handled during check-in.

TIA

We are sailing over Thanksgiving. We have two rooms - not next to each other - maybe 8 rooms apart? In one room is my mom, my daughter(19) and her friend (18). The other room is my husband and myself. There is a 95% chance my husband won't be able to go. We both have the drink package (purchased with a 25% discount). If he doesn't show up will I be able to officially move my mom into my room and have her take over the drink package? Or because of the girls ages would my mom have to still be listed in their room - but crash with me? And if that is the case would the drink package money be refunded to me or could I transfer it to my mom? And since we really won't know if he can go until that day - all of this would have be handled during check-in.

TIA

My guess is that if your husband does not show, his drink package would be refunded and your mom would have to buy at current price on the ship.

Since you are WAY past the refund point, if hubby is a "no-show", your cabin is paid for in full....his FARE won't be refunded for him. Once on the ship, you can re-arrange cabin occupants however you want...simply get additional keys at the customer service desk. You'll still have 2 cabins, with 2 in each, if that's how you want to do it.

They do NOT care who sleeps where....this business about needing an "adult" in the cabin is only for booking purposes.

Agree, just have your DH be a no show...his drink package, port fees and taxes and any other pre-cruise purchase will be refunded to the credit card used to make your final payment. No one at checkin or onboard will ask and won't really care...best to say nothing at checkin. You can go to guest services and for us new Seapass cards were issued according to which cabin those sailing would use. This was so easy for us to do on our recent Harmony...We had 4 cabins and 3 no shows.

Perhaps you should already go ahead and pre-purchase a drink package for your mom if she wants one...when you change her cabin it will transfer over to her new cabin number (ours did).

Sorry to hop on thread but we have a similar predicament but a bit reversered looking for feedback.

We have 1 balcony room with hubby and 20 yr old son and 8 doors away another balcony room listing myself, 17 yr old son and 17 yr old friend for March 2018. I plan to switch with 20 yr old of course once on board. 17 yr old friend now may not be able to go. I assume we would forfeit the money paid for friend and jsut have 2 boys in cabin. Right? Or could another friend name be added?

Also, currently the drink package is 25% off however since hubby & I are still listed in seperate rooms, not sure if I can share discount among rooms? Or should I wait until we are onboard and rooms switched THEN buy drink package at full price?

If I understand correctly you originally have 3 in one cabin and two in another and would cancel the third person from the second cabin. We cancelled a third person earlier this year (49 days to sail date) and we were refunded in full for that person.

Sorry to hop on thread but we have a similar predicament but a bit reversered looking for feedback.

We have 1 balcony room with hubby and 20 yr old son and 8 doors away another balcony room listing myself, 17 yr old son and 17 yr old friend for March 2018. I plan to switch with 20 yr old of course once on board. 17 yr old friend now may not be able to go. I assume we would forfeit the money paid for friend and jsut have 2 boys in cabin. Right? Or could another friend name be added?

Also, currently the drink package is 25% off however since hubby & I are still listed in seperate rooms, not sure if I can share discount among rooms? Or should I wait until we are onboard and rooms switched THEN buy drink package at full price?

You are before final payment so you can cancel the 17 YO and get a full refund for him. In fact as he is the third guest in the cabin he can be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to sailing and get a full refund. You could also add another person in his place up until 24 hours prior to sailing.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

If your mother wants a drink package, go ahead and purchase it now at a discount. Hubby's drink package and port taxes will be refunded if he cannot go. If you get a spare key and your mother stays in your cabin, you will get double C&A points. If you go through getting the name moved over to your cabin, you will not get double points. Just something to think about.

You are before final payment so you can cancel the 17 YO and get a full refund for him. In fact as he is the third guest in the cabin he can be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior to sailing and get a full refund. You could also add another person in his place up until 24 hours prior to sailing.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Great information, thanks!

OP Why not switch your husband with you daughter? I think you can cancel a third person up to two weeks before sailing. This way both cabins will still have two people sailing.

Forget it I see you won’t know until the last minute.

If your mother wants a drink package, go ahead and purchase it now at a discount. Hubby's drink package and port taxes will be refunded if he cannot go. If you get a spare key and your mother stays in your cabin, you will get double C&A points. If you go through getting the name moved over to your cabin, you will not get double points. Just something to think about.

Double points will be nice. However, I am already d+ and I don't see myself ever reaching the next level!

If I understand correctly you originally have 3 in one cabin and two in another and would cancel the third person from the second cabin. We cancelled a third person earlier this year (49 days to sail date) and we were refunded in full for that person.

Kind of....three in one cabin, they are all still sailing. Two in the other cabin....it is this cabin where someone most likely won't be able to travel.

Kind of....three in one cabin, they are all still sailing. Two in the other cabin....it is this cabin where someone most likely won't be able to travel.

Call and switch names around. Put the person that may cancel as the third person as the cancellation penalties are less restrictive. On board you can change back to the cabins you want people to sleep in.

Call and switch names around. Put the person that may cancel as the third person as the cancellation penalties are less restrictive. On board you can change back to the cabins you want people to sleep in.

We have travel insurance that allows you to cancel for work reasons - so we are covered. But out of curiosity - could I switch names this close to sailing? We are sailing Thanksgiving week. My husband has a different last name than everyone else in our party.

So.... we had 3 cabins on Oasis. I had my wife and DIL in one room and my son and I in the another in order to take advantage of a discount. I bought my son and DIL both drink packages at 30% off. Then, due to a rate change, I changed switched my wife and son. The drink package stayed with the room and was attached to my wife's reservation. I called RCCL and they said that I had to cancel the one and re-purchase for my son. I was not happy. But, it's the rules. So it seems to me that if you switch your husband and mother now, his drink package should be applied to your mom. At least that's what happened to us. Not sure if that will work, but might be worth it if you want to keep the drink package at the discounted rate. If you know your husband is cancelling, then you will lose the drink package anyway. Otherwise, you'll have to cancel the drink package and you will get a full refund.

As I recall the "points" for a sailing are awarded to individual C+A accounts so having someone else in your cabin vs their own is NOT going to give you double points. Each person with a C+A account will get the points, no more no less or am I incorrect? Earlier on another thread someone said if you have a suite you get triple points which is also incorrect.

As I recall the "points" for a sailing are awarded to individual C+A accounts so having someone else in your cabin vs their own is NOT going to give you double points. Each person with a C+A account will get the points, no more no less or am I incorrect? Earlier on another thread someone said if you have a suite you get triple points which is also incorrect.

You are correct, each person who sails gets C&A points. However, each person gets points based on the stateroom category on their booking, irrespective of if they change staterooms once onboard.

We have travel insurance that allows you to cancel for work reasons - so we are covered. But out of curiosity - could I switch names this close to sailing? We are sailing Thanksgiving week. My husband has a different last name than everyone else in our party.

Good news on the insurance. You can switch names on the reservation up to 24 hours prior to sailing as long as one of the original names on the reservation remains the same. The last names being different would not matter.

I didn't see the other thread but perhaps they were referring to the fact that a person sailing solo in a suite would in fact get 3 points per night sailed which is correct.

So.... we had 3 cabins on Oasis. I had my wife and DIL in one room and my son and I in the another in order to take advantage of a discount. I bought my son and DIL both drink packages at 30% off. Then, due to a rate change, I changed switched my wife and son. The drink package stayed with the room and was attached to my wife's reservation. I called RCCL and they said that I had to cancel the one and re-purchase for my son. I was not happy. But, it's the rules. So it seems to me that if you switch your husband and mother now, his drink package should be applied to your mom. At least that's what happened to us. Not sure if that will work, but might be worth it if you want to keep the drink package at the discounted rate. If you know your husband is cancelling, then you will lose the drink package anyway. Otherwise, you'll have to cancel the drink package and you will get a full refund.

I might try this with my TA on Monday. So,,,if i am reading correctly, i move my husband into the kids room and my mom into my room. The drink package will transfer to my mom. At the pier we say my dh is no show. If they won't let the kids room alone - I will transfer one kid to my room and my mom back to her original room. Will the drink package follow my mom?? So confusing. And I can't really call and ask RC.

Kathy