Lunch on Embarkation Day

akowilm

Can anyone tell me if the Porch is open for lunch on embarkation day? We loved Bistro on 5 and we have had good experiences in Sushi on 5, but we are looking for something, and really enjoyed the Porch last March on the Silhouette. What about burgers at the Lawn Club? Thank you!

Can anyone tell me if the Porch is open for lunch on embarkation day? We loved Bistro on 5 and we have had good experiences in Sushi on 5, but we are looking for something, and really enjoyed the Porch last March on the Silhouette. What about burgers at the Lawn Club? Thank you!

Don't think the Eclipse has a Porch or Lawn Club.

I believe all specialty restaurants are closed on embarkation day for lunch and it's usually just the buffet that is open, until dinner and then the others open up. Same as when you disembark normally it's just the buffet and possibly the MDR.

If you are Concierge, then MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day. Otherwise, buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you know what time it opens? We're sometimes onboard before 11:30.

Sorry! I went back through journey notes and accumulated bits of paper for the last couple of trips and I find nothing!

My recollection is that the hours are 1200 to 1330. I am quite sure of the closing time, less certain about a 1200 opening, it might be 1130. Our notes on our Eclipse trip last spring say that "...we started embarkation at about 1100, boarding went smoothly, 20-25 minutes. Had lunch at the MDR..." What the notes don't say nor does our memory help, is if we went directly to the MDR at 1130 or if we did a walk around the ship first. We don't carry a lot of stuff with us, but enough that we usually don't do a lot of wandering around until we have had a chance to leave those things in our cabin.

Stan

Yes, the Porch IS typically open on Embarkation, at least in our experience it has been and it was on the Reflection recently and was on the cruise before that as well. Sushi on 5 was open as well.

Are both dining venues free...open to all cabin cat-pax?

The charge for the embarkation day lunch at the Porch on ships that have it was substantially more than the old 10usd in Bistro on 5 when I enquired on RF about 15 months ago. It was empty at 1300 and stayed empty as we declined the offer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Saw only one family in there on Reflection during our Med cruise. Saying that, it was probably the only place that wasn’t crowded on that sailing. Should have taken my pool towel in there :D.