Another Airline Question

thatjoeguy

I wouldn't do it. I would fly out of MIA at that time but FLL is too far. You will probably make it if you do self walk off and are one of the first off, but you could easily be delayed and not be off the ship before 8:30 or 9:00 and it is about 45 minutes to FLL without any traffic delays. Even with pre check you still have to take care of luggage. I would reconsider that flight.

We're sailing on the Escape in January, and hoping to fly home on a domestic 11:10 am flight out of FLL. We have TSA pre-check. Should be no issue, right?

Thanks all!

Is your port FLL? If so, no problem.

Is your port MIA? If so, I wouldn't try it because of the drive.

We were on the Sun and disembarked in MIA on Oct 20. We did not opt for self disembark and choose the NCL transfer to FLL. We wouldn’t do that again. First our time to get off the ship was 9:15 we boarded the transfer bus around 9:35 but the bus had to wait until it was full before leaving. To top it off once we were ready to leave the driver announced “Just to make sure, everyone is going to FLL today, right?” From the back came a voice “No we are going to MIA” . After loading everyone’s bags, he had to unload countless bags to find this couples posessions and reload. Needless to say it was after 12:00 when we got to FLL. If we sailed to MIA again and booked FLL flight out, I’d for sure do self assist off and get my own taxi or car service. It’s doable, good luck and enjoy your cruise.

What airline? And is there any chance you are in a suite?

Could you make an 11:10 flight? Probably. But there is a chance something could go wrong.

The lines for Southwest to check luggage can be long. And they have different options (upstairs or down) depending on the timing of your flight, which leads to confusion.

We've been through security in FLL as early as 8:30 after disembarking from the Getaway at the POM. But the reason for that was simple -- there were issues with the large Royal ships coming in at Port Everglades, so we weren't dealing with all those people -- they weren't at the airport yet.

Book the flight if you want, but make sure you have solid back-up options in case things don't work out. For our next cruise, our return flight leaves at 11:55. We are in a suite, so we will get priority walk-off. We also hire a car service to pick us up. And we know things can go wrong, but we are willing to take the risk. :D