Is this a reasonable price for UBP and gratuities?

zitsky

I'm on a 15 day trip on the Sun. Just put down a deposit. TA is quoting me $299 per person for gratuities on the UBP. Does this seem reasonable or is it out of line?

I would have to get rid of (1) the excursion credit of 50 per port, (2) Restaurant perk of 4 free specialty restaurants, or (3) give up the OBC of $300.

I'm thinking about signing up for the UBP and giving up the speciality restaurant bonus or maybe the excursion credit. I definitely want to keep the OBC.

The current price for the UBP is $89 pppd.The service charge for it is 18% or $16.02 pppd.

For 15 days, the UBP service charge would be $240.30. If you will spend less than $16 per day on drinks, skip the promo and pick something else.

The 4SDP (online price) is $84. The service charge for it is $15.12.

I don't know why you are seeing $299pp

I'm on a 15 day trip on the Sun. Just put down a deposit. TA is quoting me $299 per person for gratuities on the UBP. Does this seem reasonable or is it out of line?

I would have to get rid of (1) the excursion credit of 50 per port, (2) Restaurant perk of 4 free specialty restaurants, or (3) give up the OBC of $300.

I'm thinking about signing up for the UBP and giving up the speciality restaurant bonus or maybe the excursion credit. I definitely want to keep the OBC.

Instead of the OBC, why not just ask that they lower the price by $300???

If you take OBC, you HAVE to spend that money on board.

If you simply get the lowered price, then you can spend that same money...if you want...or you don't have to at all.

You're not getting anything with OBC....that is just YOUR money that they are giving back (but requiring you to spend onboard). I'd rather just reduce the price by the same amount.

The drink packages is fixed based on the number of days, plus the gratuity. It is a good deal for many people and a bad deal for others.

Depends on how many drinks you do a day. It is very difficult to pony up that money, but folks like us, it would be cheaper than the per drink deal. And, no thinking about getting another drink. Just do it!

maybe this will help! my wife and i just returned from a cruise on the gem! the drinks without the package are really steep. my wife and i had a margrita and a martini and the price was $27 dollars! the second time we bought the same thing at another bar and the price was 28 dollars. $55 for 4 drinks.

next time we will have the package.

If you drink more than $20 worth of drink beverages a day, suggest you give up your OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

keep the OBC, give up the excursions credit. Unless you use it in 6 ports, the OBC is worth more and you are not stuck doing NCL excursions. yYou can book you own or DYI for much cheaper, saving you even more money.

keep the OBC, give up the excursions credit. Unless you use it in 6 ports, the OBC is worth more and you are not stuck doing NCL excursions. yYou can book you own or DYI for much cheaper, saving you even more money.

I like this idea, and thanks for all the replies.

I like keeping the OBC for any extra charges I might have, maybe spa treatments, who knows. And I might do private excursions.

Can you use OBC to pay for excursions?

I like this idea, and thanks for all the replies.

I like keeping the OBC for any extra charges I might have, maybe spa treatments, who knows. And I might do private excursions.

Can you use OBC to pay for excursions?

Yes you can use OBC to pay for excursions once you on board the ship.

as has been suggested, consider how many drinks a day you plan on having. On a 15 day cruise, would you drink more than a couple of drinks a day? If so it is a good deal. We have always liked it, we save money and love to try new drink combinations. This isn't something we would do if we were paying for each drink, plus no surprises at the end of the cruise. Forget the excursion package. You probably do better by booking tours privately.

Instead of the OBC, why not just ask that they lower the price by $300???

If you take OBC, you HAVE to spend that money on board.

If you simply get the lowered price, then you can spend that same money...if you want...or you don't have to at all.

You're not getting anything with OBC....that is just YOUR money that they are giving back (but requiring you to spend onboard). I'd rather just reduce the price by the same amount.

....because most agents have an agreement with NCL that prevents that. They cannot sell for lower than the price NCL is advertising. The only way they can lower the price is to give an OBC which is refundable by the way. You do not have to spend it on board.

The credit for excursions is for a maximum of 4 ports, so it is basically only worth $200 IF you use it in 4 ports. Based on the price of NCL's excursions even after deducting the $50 credit, you would be better off finding your own excursion. The excursion credit is a useless perk IMO.

If you dont use the $50 Excursion deal, which would you choose?

Already have drink the package, not sure specialty resteraunts are worth it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I would NEVER do the excursion credit as I always book something privately (an for less money than NCL's excursions, even with the credit). I would go for the dining pkg., The gratuity on that is less than $15 and it's nice to check out the different offerings.