Determined to move me-E203?

suekel

Depending on the ship, the OP is most likely over the entrance to the lounge on the starboard side. It could be a lot of noise if there is a line to enter the lounge. Added is that the doors to the promenade are directly below which could result in some door slamming noise.

What ship are we talking about?

Sorry, I just got off the phone with Princess and I am so angry I left out information. It is the Royal Princess E203. According to the map it looks like it is below the Theater. I have only found one review and it was so vague as to be virtually non-existent.

Sorry I read the room number wrong. I plead dyslexia. E203 is indeed over the theater and most likely the stage on the starboard side. If they are presenting a musical or other high volume production, the noise will most likely be present. Luckily it will not happen every night while unluckily it will happen once too often. I sympathize with the OP as I would not be happy at all.

Edited by satxdiver

I was in E207 on the Royal last year. Yes to theater noise both during shows and rehearsals in the afternoon. It’s why I’ve moved up to Caribe deck next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a similarly located room on the Coral. It is an Alaskan Southbound in late June. What are the chances of moving cabins around final payment dates, and perhaps people cancel? I booked directly, so I can call. The port side balcony cabins were hard to find - and I am guessing this is a popular ship/ itinerary and time.

Well, evidently my unhappy email worked and we got moved back to our original cabin M101. I called to confirm that I am on the no upgrade list for sure this time. The man I spoke to the other night said it was no longer available. I'm an elite on Princess and I have to say this is the first time that I have ever had a rude customer service person. I don't imagine he'll last long.

Whether the noise from the theater bothers people in this cabin depends on their habits. We had a cabin above the theater once and were not bothered by it. We tended to go to the shows after dinner--the last show of the night. The one night when I was too tired to stay up for the show, I was tired enough to fall asleep quickly in spite of the noise from below.