Flying into Ft. Lauderdale

Islander000

What time are you arriving? Once past mid-afternoon shuttle services are limited, you would have to take a taxi ($80-90 from FLL to a hotel near PortMiami) or Uber/Lyft. Path of least resistance is usually to stay in Ft Lauderdale (many more hotels offer shuttles, or taxis are quick and cheap) and head to Miami the next morning. Unless arriving early enough in the day to get to a Downtown Miami or Brickell area hotel right around check in time; just as much shopping and restaurants there as in Ft Lauderdale, and just a quick cab ride to PortMiami in the morning (very few hotels in Miami offer shuttles).

We are staying in between in Hollywood Beach. We fly in the night before (6 of us) and rent a car to get around that night. We will enjoy a nice dinner, pick up some drinks (sodas) to take on board and then get some good sleep. The next day I will drop them off at the port, go drop the car off at MIA and then grab an Uber to the port:) Works easy and it’s nice having a car!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i would check the rates. Many times downtown miami rates are similar to fll but miami beach rates are much higher.

If it would not be too costly a difference in $$, i would fly into Miami, stay in Miami and board the ship therer. That is the least wear and tear on you..

Sent from my iphone using forums

jmo

Edited by sail7seas

Is there a reason you’re flying into FTL? I know we only fly southwest and they don’t fly to Miami. If Miami is an option- I wouldn’t hassle with FTL.

Or maybe book a cruise out of there- it’s a super easy transfer from the airport. If there weren’t big highways- it would be walkable. Taxi takes like 10 minutes.

Is there a reason you’re flying into FTL? I know we only fly southwest and they don’t fly to Miami. If Miami is an option- I wouldn’t hassle with FTL.

Or maybe book a cruise out of there- it’s a super easy transfer from the airport. If there weren’t big highways- it would be walkable. Taxi takes like 10 minutes.

I wouldn't hassle with FTL airport either--Fortuna Ledge, Alaska is a long way from Miami (or Ft Lauderdale).

But if the OP's preferred airline only flies to FLL not MIA, and their preferred ship/cruise line only sails from PortMiami and not Port Everglades, why on earth should they settle for less than their best just for the sake of perceived ground transfer convenience? The only real issue is the timing of their flights; as suggested if they arrive early enough the previous day they should head south to a port-area hotel then; if arriving in the evening, stay near FLL and take one of the inexpensive shuttle services in the morning. Nothing difficult or inconvenient about either option.

We'll be flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise out of POM. Any suggestions whether to stay in Miami the night before or Ft. Lauderdale..

If you elect to stay in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise check out SAS shuttle service for transportation to POM. They are a shared shuttle service with very reasonable rates. We use them when we are staying in Fort Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. We also use them the return from POM to FLL airport. We'll be using them again March 2018. Checkout their website...www.ridesas.com.

Edited by davekathy

If you elect to stay in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise check out SAS shuttle service for transportation to POM. They are a shared shuttle service with very reasonable rates. We use them when we are staying in Fort Lauderdale and cruising out of Miami. We also use them the return from POM to FLL airport. We'll be using them again March 2018. Checkout their website...www.ridesas.com.

We also have used SAS in the past and t was a very good experience. We will be using them again to travel POM to FLL when we arrive home!!!

We’re flying into fll and staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Planning on using uber from airport to hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale a day before cruise next month on Southwest. Staying at a hotel that has low cost shuttle to Miami Port in the morning.