Anyone on the Viking Sun?

plmesq

We will be on the World Cruise in January and am trying to find some information about the closet in a Penthouse Veranda Stateroom so we can maximize the hanging space.

Are there drawers inside the closet?

If so how high do they rise from the floor of the closet?

And how wide is closet, and also, if there are drawers, how wide is closet from edge of drawers?

Thanks so much.

Paul

Paul,

Try posting on the Sun roll call for the cruise departing Lisbon on Nov 6th. Maybe someone on that cruise can publish the info and/or a photo. I'm curious also. Good luck.

Thanks for the idea, just posted, will let everyone know if I hear anything from anybody.

I am an avid reader of your World cruise roll call. Please, post a World Cruise thread here in the Viking forum so all of us can follow you journey around the world.

A s a lurker, I can feel the anticipation building as you all get closer to sailing. You are from many different places, but you are growing into a fun loving community on your roll call.

Cheers! to all ouf you :)

I am an avid reader of your World cruise roll call. Please, post a World Cruise thread here in the Viking forum so all of us can follow you journey around the world.

A s a lurker, I can feel the anticipation building as you all get closer to sailing. You are from many different places, but you are growing into a fun loving community on your roll call.

Cheers! to all ouf you :)

I second that request! It would be a lot of fun to follow your adventures.

We will be on the World Cruise in January and am trying to find some information about the closet in a Penthouse Veranda Stateroom so we can maximize the hanging space.

Are there drawers inside the closet?

If so how high do they rise from the floor of the closet?

And how wide is closet, and also, if there are drawers, how wide is closet from edge of drawers?

Thanks so much.

Paul

I can't tell you the dimensions of things in a PV cabin but can tell you we were impressed by its very generous storage space. Working from memory, as you enter the cabin there is a full size floor to ceiling double sliding door hanging closet on your left (or right) followed directly afterward by an inset chest of drawers with 4 drawers in them. Above it there's a pullout shelf with the coffee maker and other stuff on it. I think Peregrina posted a picture of this which, if she wouldn't mind, perhaps she could post a link to. These two together match exactly the width of the bathroom on the opposite side. Can't remember where the room safe is - inside the closet? Or if there was another bank of shelves in the closet. Proceeding further into the cabin is another very wide chest of 6 drawers - 3 on a side - which has a faux marble top. We moved our coffee maker there btw. Compared to the storage space we had in the Veranda Suite on Viking River Atla we thought we were in heaven. Between the two of us we did not use everything. In contrast on the Atla we had to do some cleverness to get everything we brought to fit. Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't tell you the dimensions of things in a PV cabin but can tell you we were impressed by its very generous storage space. Working from memory, as you enter the cabin there is a full size floor to ceiling double sliding door hanging closet on your left (or right) followed directly afterward by an inset chest of drawers with 4 drawers in them. Above it there's a pullout shelf with the coffee maker and other stuff on it. I think Peregrina posted a picture of this which, if she wouldn't mind, perhaps she could post a link to. These two together match exactly the width of the bathroom on the opposite side. Can't remember where the room safe is - inside the closet? Or if there was another bank of shelves in the closet. Proceeding further into the cabin is another very wide chest of 6 drawers - 3 on a side - which has a faux marble top. We moved our coffee maker there btw. Compared to the storage space we had in the Veranda Suite on Viking River Atla we thought we were in heaven. Between the two of us we did not use everything. In contrast on the Atla we had to do some cleverness to get everything we brought to fit. Hope this is helpful.

Actually, Viking has even better pictures available in it's 360 tour of the ship.

It is a "walk in" closet with a good size chest of drawers inside. Very spacious. There is also a dressing table with a lift up top which exposes a lighted mirror and a large space for cosmetics etc.

My only criticism of the Penthouse Veranda stateroom is that there is no sit up table and chairs so eating in the stateroom is not comfortable. We only had one breakfast there.

The bathroom has a lovely heated floor and a large shower cubicle with a glass door. J

My only criticism of the Penthouse Veranda stateroom is that there is no sit up table and chairs so eating in the stateroom is not comfortable. We only had one breakfast there.

The PV Suite has what you want. [emoji6]

Boarding tomorrow morning in Lisbon for the transatlantic to Miami. Departure is at 11 pm.

Hoping you can email me or post the info I requested above.

Have a great cruise!

Paul

Sorry I can't help with your wonderful cabin but I took a few measurements in our DV on Viking Sun before we got off this morning. I hope they help some others. The drawer measurements are inside drawer dimentions in inches.

Bathroom - 2 drawers, one each side of the sink: 15 1/2wide, 10 1/2 deep, 4 3/4 high

Hall - 3 drawers under the coffee maker and space for the safe: all 18 1/2 wide, all just under 15 deep, top to bottom 4 1/2+, 4 1/2, and 5 3/4 high

Closet - 4 drawers in half of closet with hanging bar above (DH dress shirts take up entire hanging height - top of the rod to top of shelving unit is 38 1/2): all 20 wide, 14 1/2 deep, 3 1/2 high

Bedside - 2 drawers ( one in each nightstand): 10 1/2 wide, 14 3/4 deep, 2 3/4 high

The side of the closet with drawers is 24 wide and the other (about 60 high top of the rod to floor) is 25 1/2 wide.

She's a beautiful ship and we can't wait to hear about her travels and your's.