Extra bottle of wine for corkage fee

tinykygal

DH and I always take our 1 per person allowed bottle of wine; however, when printing our boarding pass for upcoming cruise we noticed that we are allowed to bring additional bottle for $18 corkage fee.

Anyone done that?

We don't buy a beverage package as it isn't economical but that extra bottle would be nice as we are celebrating our 45th anniversary.

Thank you.

You can bring as many "extra" bottles as you want, for the $18 each corkage fee.

The bottles you pay corkage on can be consumed anywhere, any restaurant or bar you want, and a marking is put on those bottles to indicate that you paid. The 'free' bottles can only be consumed in your cabin/verandah

Ken

Make sure all wine bottles, those on which you pay corkage fee and those you don't, are brought onboard in your carry-on. The corkage fee will be charged to your onboard account after you pass through port security before you actually board.

K.K., only on Alaska cruise have I had authority attempt to open my carryon when I told them I had 1 bottle. Scanner dude yelled, 'she has wine!!!' A young kid, new on the job began opening my carryon. He was verbally reprimanded.

I wasn't hiding it. LOL. It was on Princess, BTW.

Due to pinched nerve pain, I pack the lightweight 4 plastic small bottles equal to 750. Never had an issue.

Am I required to remove them if they are my 'extra' bottle?

K.K., only on Alaska cruise have I had authority attempt to open my carryon when I told them I had 1 bottle. Scanner dude yelled, 'she has wine!!!' A young kid, new on the job began opening my carryon. He was verbally reprimanded.

I wasn't hiding it. LOL. It was on Princess, BTW.

Due to pinched nerve pain, I pack the lightweight 4 plastic small bottles equal to 750. Never had an issue.

Am I required to remove them if they are my 'extra' bottle?

Yes

On my recent Alaska cruise, on HAL, departing Vancouver, my friend and I each had 2 bottles of wine in our carry ons and were prepared to pay corkage, however the only security scan was prior to going through Passport control and no one stopped us to pay the corkage!

Some friends recently departed from Seattle and also reported no "bottle check".

We are cruising out of Tampa in January (HAL) does anyone know if/where they check how many bottles you have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On my recent Alaska cruise, on HAL, departing Vancouver, my friend and I each had 2 bottles of wine in our carry ons and were prepared to pay corkage, however the only security scan was prior to going through Passport control and no one stopped us to pay the corkage!

Some friends recently departed from Seattle and also reported no "bottle check".

We are cruising out of Tampa in January (HAL) does anyone know if/where they check how many bottles you have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They did check earlier this year in March and were located after the port security scan before the HAL check-in counters.

If they are your "extra bottle", how are they going to put a sticker on them if you don't remove them from your carryon?

True, but we have cruised multiple times and never taken the extra.

I am planning ahead as last on our last cruise we were hearded thru like a bunch of animals with barely time to sign the health questionnaires.