Are meals included in RCI shore excursions?

kwazi07

I’m about to book an excursion in Grand Cayman (Pedro St. James and Turtle Swim). In the description, it says, “Afterward, savor delicious Caribbean cuisine and cool tropical drinks”. Does that mean food will be included? In the T&C it says meals are “only provided when specified in the excursion description”. This seems to specify that there will be lunch, but my main concern is that this tour is cheaper than a similar tour, even though it is longer (the one I am looking at takes you to Pedro St. James and the turtle place for 4.5 hours while the other tour is turtle place and Hell for 4 hours). The other tour also mentions a meal, but seems a little more “concrete”.

Are the pricing structures just odd, and does the description confirm that food will be included? We’ll be hungry after the tour starts at 8 and is 4.5 hours long...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: I called and the guy said that there should be food since it is in the description, but he did say the “what to bring” said bring cash, but all of the excursions say that. Should I call again?

If a meal or snack is definitely included, it should show up under the "advisements" tab in the excursion description in the cruise planner. If it doesn't say anything about a meal or snack there, it's probably best to assume that no food is included.

There is another way to view excursions. The following website shows the icons for snacks and meals when applicable. Your excursion appears to not include food if I understand this website correctly. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=shore_excursions_main

Edited by maysill88
Added info

There is another way to view excursions. The following website shows the icons for snacks and meals when applicable. Your excursion appears to not include food if I understand this website correctly. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=shore_excursions_main

Thanks--doesn't look like meals are included.

After your swim, food and drinks will be served on your way back to the pier. Probably small snacks and rum punch. That's pretty typical for a swim or snorkel.

Take the excursion that best suits your interests, and don't worry about the food. Come back to the ship and grab some free food in the Windjammer. Just my opinion.

After your swim, food and drinks will be served on your way back to the pier. Probably small snacks and rum punch. That's pretty typical for a swim or snorkel.

Take the excursion that best suits your interests, and don't worry about the food. Come back to the ship and grab some free food in the Windjammer. Just my opinion.

No—I agree. Just some logistical planning to see if we need to bring snacks so we can do some shopping after we return to the pier, lol! Probably won’t have much time to shop as we sail away at 3:30.

No—I agree. Just some logistical planning to see if we need to bring snacks so we can do some shopping after we return to the pier, lol! Probably won’t have much time to shop as we sail away at 3:30.

Wow you have a busy port day planned. Just one note, you can't take much of anything off the ship. Only sealed, packaged food, and there isn't too much of that on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've noticed that the cruise planner used to show an icon when a meal or snack was included, but when we were looking at excursions recently, I don't recall seeing that any more. They don't make it easy!

There's a description in the body of eh tour of what is included. I've booked a St. Matrin cruise to Orient Beach and in the inclusion it mentions lunch and a drink--wine, beer or soda.