Christmas cruise

chaps612

We are going on our first Christmas cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Does Celebrity do a lot of decorations in the spirit of the holiday?? I have a thirteen year old daughter who would enjoy some Christmas spirit.

Yes, Celebrity has some very nice decorations around the ship for Christmas. :)

We caught the the displays on Infinity one yr when we came on board Jan 2nd. .It was outstanding... working trains, trees, figures etc..all well done! Taken down a few days after we sailed but we enjoyed it.

You can decorate your stateroom and door to make it more festive..

We caught the the displays on Infinity one yr when we came on board Jan 2nd. .It was outstanding... working trains, trees, figures etc..all well done! Taken down a few days after we sailed but we enjoyed it.

You can decorate your stateroom and door to make it more festive..

We'll be taking our first Christmas cruise on Celebrity this year & for our cabin & our Friends cabin I purchased two small 2 ft lighted trees..Each tree came in a box, 7 inches square..Also purchased 2 small tree skirts to take with us..We drive to the port, so it will be no trouble to take them on board, but if you fly you could buy something small to put on your mirror or door which would fit in your luggage.. Like many here we're all excited about this cruise & know that we will love Celebrity's decorations.. We've cruised enough to know that all cruise lines love to dress up their ships for Christmas.. :cool:

Yes, Celebrity has some very nice decorations around the ship for Christmas. :)

We’ll be on Reflection sailing December 8th. Do you think the decorations will be up by then??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots and lots of decorations, many trees, gingerbread house displays and even a parade by Santa. I know I'm a bit old but I love watching them give out the presents to the little ones

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your post is making me so much more excited about our Christmas cruise..I too love to see Santa give the little ones presents..:cool:

Now I have to decide what to purchase for DH as well as our Friends..I may have to cut down on my shoes if we're oing to fit everything in our luggage..:eek:LOL

We’ll be on Reflection sailing December 8th. Do you think the decorations will be up by then??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I usually sail during this time and the decorations are fabulous. The officers along with singers/dancers also sing Christmas songs on one of the nights. On my last December cruise (early Dec) lyrics for the the christmas / carols songs were also given to passengers so they could join. I video taped some of it and it was wonderful!

We took a Christmas cruise last year and many people decorated their doors. On other cruises we have taken very few people decorate the outside of their doors. Your thirteen year old can be creative with your door. Just be aware decorations can "walk away". Ours did. Fortunately they reappeared just down the corridor from us so we were able to return them to our door.

We took a Christmas cruise last year and many people decorated their doors. On other cruises we have taken very few people decorate the outside of their doors. Your thirteen year old can be creative with your door. Just be aware decorations can "walk away". Ours did. Fortunately they reappeared just down the corridor from us so we were able to return them to our door.

Can you tell us what kind of decorations they were, & how were they put on your door? Thanks for the info.

Can you tell us what kind of decorations they were, & how were they put on your door? Thanks for the info.

I found images on line and printed them off onto cardstock. There is a multitude of options. I added my and my husband's names to the ornaments. I then laminated the pictures. I cut out the laminated ornaments. Lastly I bought self stick magnets and attached them to the corners of each picture.

I also found a Christmas tree that I printed off in pieces (8 or so) onto cardstock. The pieces all line up to each other to make a tree. I laminated each piece and attached magnets to the back. I put the tree up inside my cabin on the wall.

Magnets work great for attaching to both the doors and walls (on Silhouette anyway). Don't use tape. You don't want to damage the finish on the door or walls.

I found images on line and printed them off onto cardstock. There is a multitude of options. I added my and my husband's names to the ornaments. I then laminated the pictures. I cut out the laminated ornaments. Lastly I bought self stick magnets and attached them to the corners of each picture.

I also found a Christmas tree that I printed off in pieces (8 or so) onto cardstock. The pieces all line up to each other to make a tree. I laminated each piece and attached magnets to the back. I put the tree up inside my cabin on the wall.

Magnets work great for attaching to both the doors and walls (on Silhouette anyway). Don't use tape. You don't want to damage the finish on the door or walls.

Thanks for that info..Have a 8 X 11 Photo of our dog dressed in a green coat, sitting on a chair with a Christmas Poinsettia beside her from many years ago..She is 17 1/2 yrs old now starting to slow down & show her age..We may not have her much longer..

I've been trying to figure out how to attach it to the door without damaging it.. Figured we could put a long piece of red ribbon on it & hang the ribbon over the door with a weight in the inside, but magnets sound like a better idea..Also bringing a two foot tree for our cabin..

Would love to know if a wreath door hangar would fit over our cabin door? We are on Reflection..Wonder if we could use one of those too..Anyone know?

Thanks again...

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks for that info..Have a 8 X 11 Photo of our dog dressed in a green coat, sitting on a chair with a Christmas Poinsettia.

Would love to know if a wreath door hangar would fit over our cabin door? We are on Reflection..Wonder if we could use one of those too..Anyone know?

Thanks again...

Don't put anything of value on the outside of the door in case it walks away.

I bought heavy duty magnetic hooks from Walmart that would likely hold the weight of your wreath on the door. You could try it out first before you board the ship. The over the door hanger might not work or cause damage. I do use an over the door shoe holder on the bathroom door and it seems to not harm the door any. Some cruise lines have banned them, though, so they must have caused damage.

Don't put anything of value on the outside of the door in case it walks away.

I bought heavy duty magnetic hooks from Walmart that would likely hold the weight of your wreath on the door. You could try it out first before you board the ship. The over the door hanger might not work or cause damage. I do use an over the door shoe holder on the bathroom door and it seems to not harm the door any. Some cruise lines have banned them, though, so they must have caused damage.

Understand & Thank you..Guess I'll stick with our Dogs Christmas Picture..No one would walk off with a dog picture, although on another cruise line I had a small pic of our dog on our mail box & someone did take it..Figured it was a child..I will attach the dogs pic with heavy duty magnets, which I have on my Fridge..

Thanks again..