Laundry service - good experience?

Sun Lover

I've never used the on board laundry service but this is the first time we're going on a back-to-back so I'll need to use it. Does anyone know if they follow the instructions on the clothes as far as washing in cold water, like colors, etc., to be sure not to shrink or ruin anything? Are there certain types of clothing you wouldn't send to the laundry? What is the cost? Thanks for your help.

I’ve had good experience with the laundry, but my mom did have a pair of jeans shrink. Everything is washed in the same machines in probably very warm water with agitation. If you have something that cannot withstand that, either handwash it in your stateroom or leave it home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not used RC but a couple times for those fill the bag promos. We did use it on HA and it was rough on our clothes. Faded out several items, extensive drying to some things shrunk. We only send in stuff that is tough enough to take it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on what you are referring to. The bag of laundry that you can send out for $30-35 is a bag you stuff with underwear, socks, tshirts ; strictly wash and fold. Have used it with no major problems, but it's not for "good" clothes; strictly for underwear, etc.

Have sent mens' shirts, dry cleaning, pants, etc. They came back fine, on hangers, etc. Some people think expensive, but I have found no different than at home; if anything slightly cheaper.

We've used it once...hubby's shirts came back PERFECTLY! Looked brand new!. However, I had a crinkled gauze dress that was supposed to look crinkled...they ironed the hell out of it...it was 4 sizes larger by the time they pressed it! I tried washing and drying on hot when I got home, but it was ruined. Oops!

We only use the wash and fold for undies, old t shirts etc. Everything is washed together, along with other people’s. So we never put good stuff in the bag. It tends to come out gray as well. We do use the dry cleaning and mostly it’s ok. Once they completely ruined a dress, for which they gave immediate compensation.

We regularly do 14 night cruises, and fly, so have weight restrictions and find with careful planning we can usually manage.

I️ agree that the wash & fold bag items come back gray. I️ have a synthetic white top that I️ wear to exercise and it needed hours of soaking in OxiClean once we were home but it was saved. My experience with individual laundry (jeans) and dry cleaning was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I️ agree that the wash & fold bag items come back gray. I️ have a synthetic white top that I️ wear to exercise and it needed hours of soaking in OxiClean once we were home but it was saved. My experience with individual laundry (jeans) and dry cleaning was good.

I’m really annoyed that the newest iOS update changes upper case i

Karen

I'm going to concur with most of these posts..... have used the "wash and fold" for intimates, and t-shirts, nothing of true value - and it was fine. This past cruise, my son sent 2 shirts to be pressed - on boarding day - to be returned the next day - and the laundry called him because they had damaged (ripped) one of the shirts. He got OBC, but was really annoyed - because we never had an issue before.

So - exercise caution and do not send anything that is irreplaceable, and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Gray on my tidy whites(ites), I'm in agreement.

The only other use was for a light tan summer weight suit that decided to take a bath in a cranberry juice adult beverage. Came back perfect, with the stain completely gone.

Not for anything nice or delicate. I only send t-shirts, polo shirts, socks, and underwear. Also, plan ahead as every time it's taken days to get stuff back. On the Oasis last month they never did the "stuff a bag" deal only a coupon for 10% off around day 3.

Not for anything nice or delicate. I only send t-shirts, polo shirts, socks, and underwear. Also, plan ahead as every time it's taken days to get stuff back. On the Oasis last month they never did the "stuff a bag" deal only a coupon for 10% off around day 3.

They did not do it last week on ours either, just 10% off.

Nothing delicate or that can't go in an extreme heat dryer. I also would not do designer jeans, silk tops, bathing suits or white whites. I used it for gym clothes, non-lingerie type undergarments, socks, t-shirts, shorts (that could go in dryer)...pretty much all of my DH stuff was okay : )

I have never had a problem with the laundry service. On both Anthem and Independence, we had just about everything laundered as the cruises were towards the end of month long trips. Everything came back in good condition and we always had our laundry back the day after giving it to our stateroom attendants. Of course, that may have had something to do with my DH tipping the attendants at the beginning of the cruises but I didn't give that a thought until after we arrived home.

I've used both the wash and fold bags and drycleaning.

I have used it several times and always had good results. The fill a bag deal is great, you can stuff it full and go home with all clean underwear, and last cruise I managed to tip a bottle of foundation into my lap and all over brand new whIte pants. I thought they were ruined but they came back next day with no trace of a stain.