Debark tours to the airport

wishfulone

Has anyone done a debark tour from the ship to the airport with Celebrity? Other cruise lines are generally quite good but we have no experience with Celebrity. We're hoping to do the 4.5 hour tour in Abu Dhabi.

We've done two. The first was disembarking in Valparaiso, Chile to Santiago, Chile airport. That one was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny. The second was an excursion in Puerto Rico about 3 years ago that was so awful we will probably never do another. We were supposed to go on a bus to tour the rain forest. Our luggage according to the brochure was to accompany us on the same bus. Instead, once off the ship they put our luggage aboard a flatbed to the airport and us onto a tour bus. The tour of the rain forest was nice. Then we returned to San Juan airport. The bus driver asked everyone what airline. (We were Jet Blue). The driver drove past the Jet Blue terminal to another terminal that was quite a distance away and refused to drop us at Jet Blue (we weren't the only Jet Blue passengers). Instead, we all had to get off the bus to find our luggage, which was left, unattended, outside the airport terminal, in the pouring rain. It had been there for 5 hours. There were no porters available and my husband (who was suffering from a torn Achilles) and I had to drag our sopping wet, soaked bags about a half mile or so outside, in the rain to the Jet Blue terminal. Once inside, we had to check our ruined luggage to make sure that no one had added or subtracted anything before checking it into the airline. The lack of security of our bags for that amount of time at an airport in this day and age was the most troubling part of the whole thing. We had to replace our luggage after we got home, and needless to say, we'll never take another ship to airport excursion.

We have done two in the UK from Southampton and two in the US in Miami and Fort Lauderdale all before late flights. They were all great and we would do again. The guides were very good and the bus made several stops at the airport for each relevant terminal. Except for Miami where we used Celebrity’s luggage valet the luggage went on the bus with us. At the airports there were luggage carts and or porters to take the bags a short walk to checkin.

We have taken a few of these excursions. Those we took in Europe, stored our luggage on our bus and everything went smoothly. When we took this excursion in San Juan, our luggage was put in a separate vehicle and was waiting for us at the airport. We were dropped off at our terminal (AA), and our luggage was sitting outside the terminal, unattended. Thankfully, everything was there, but we were not happy with the thought that anyone could have walked off with our luggage. I guess it depends on the city you are departing from.

We have taken a few of these excursions. Those we took in Europe, stored our luggage on our bus and everything went smoothly. When we took this excursion in San Juan, our luggage was put in a separate vehicle and was waiting for us at the airport. We were dropped off at our terminal (AA), and our luggage was sitting outside the terminal, unattended. Thankfully, everything was there, but we were not happy with the thought that anyone could have walked off with our luggage. I guess it depends on the city you are departing from.

I guess things in San Juan regarding luggage being unattended haven't changed.at least it wasn't raining like when we did it. We were also concerned with someone putting something into our luggage!

We have taken a few of these excursions. Those we took in Europe, stored our luggage on our bus and everything went smoothly. When we took this excursion in San Juan, our luggage was put in a separate vehicle and was waiting for us at the airport. We were dropped off at our terminal (AA), and our luggage was sitting outside the terminal, unattended. Thankfully, everything was there, but we were not happy with the thought that anyone could have walked off with our luggage. I guess it depends on the city you are departing
Edited by Luvcrusn
Duplicate post. Sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Jade13...we're already booked for a HOHO when we disembark in 2 weeks at Miami. There are other threads discussing the luggage valet service available at Miami and Port Everglades at $25 a person and those threads seem to indicate the baggage gets checked through to your destination so that you don't have to do anything except find it when you arrive. I'll be checking with guest relations as soon as we board and may use the service if that's true.

Luggage Valet is the service and your flight must meet various criteria....not all airlines participate, the flight must be after a certain time, etc. but if you can use it for your journey you will find it a great value. Currently available from Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Having a late afternoon flight home from Fort Lauderdale we booked a "waste some time tour" to the everglades / alligator tour. Keep in mind that this tour is meant to be for people with late flights back home. For some strange reason I expected to be in a later group to disembark the ship. But NOoooo, we were one of the first off the ship. We basically got to the airport the same time the last to disembark got there.

We are considering taking one from Port Everglades after our cruise. It says that it is intended for people with flights out of FLL after 2:30 PM. The duration of the tour is 4 hours. Does anyone have any idea when the tour would start? And when they would get us to the airport? We are weighing the option of just renting a car for the day depending on these tour times.

DW and I took a tour from FL to Miami airport after recent Panama Canal transit on Infinity. We had to assemble at 7.15 am for a tour starting 8.00 am. Ship was not cleared until 8.15 am. Slow lines at immigration and the tour left well after 9.00 am. Used open top double-decker buses. The wind effect on the upper deck was considerable and made it uncomfortable at times. Heading to the airport on the freeway it became unpleasant - but at least we beat the rain. Baggage was transported on a direct transit coach. We were dropped at the far end of the airport to the British Airways check-in which waste more time. The bad part was the 90 minute wait to get to the front of that queue. Must bear in mind that it all happened on Thanksgiving. Not a suitable trip for the type of coach used.

We are considering taking one from Port Everglades after our cruise. It says that it is intended for people with flights out of FLL after 2:30 PM. The duration of the tour is 4 hours. Does anyone have any idea when the tour would start? And when they would get us to the airport? We are weighing the option of just renting a car for the day depending on these tour times.

if you read my other post on this just above yours you will see. I would and did rent a car for the day following the sight seeing gator tour. We drove down to the keys.

we did one from fort Lauderdale that went to sawgrass and took us to mia and I was perfect, killed many hours for us and we picked up some great deals. we did however do one with another cruise line that was supposed to be a city tour and shopping, it was 1.5 hours late leaving and we got a 30 minute tour and 25 mins at the mall, never do that again.