8:15 or 9:00am shuttle for 11:20am flight out of MCO?

rch3232

Would I be safe taking a 9am shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO for my 11:20am flight or should I take the 8:15am shuttle? I would love that extra 45 minutes sleep if possible. I'm going to book with Cortrans.

I would be safe and take the 8:15 shuttle

For an 11:20 flight you need to be at MCO by about 9:50, and earlier is better. With the drive taking about an hour I agree with the above - take the 8:15 shuttle and sleep on the flight

The way things have been going lately i would want to be at MCO by 9:20 for an 11:20 flight. I have had to wait in very long lines at security. One time we arrived a bit more then 90 mins before our flight and got the gate 10 mins before they boarded. It was stressful.

Given that there are now claims they are inspecting things like food, and more electronics, and after the exploding battery last night, I would expect even more delays.

Honestly 11:20 is way too early of a flight. Too many things that could go wrong and cause you to miss your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The way things have been going lately i would want to be at MCO by 9:20 for an 11:20 flight. I have had to wait in very long lines at security. One time we arrived a bit more then 90 mins before our flight and got the gate 10 mins before they boarded. It was stressful.

Given that there are now claims they are inspecting things like food, and more electronics, and after the exploding battery last night, I would expect even more delays.

Honestly 11:20 is way too early of a flight. Too many things that could go wrong and cause you to miss your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree! MCO can be a real mess. We depart mid-week last May and the lines for checkin and again for security were very long (thank goodness for TSA precheck!). We were warned by an airline employee beforehand so knew what to expect (lucky for us) and she said MCO is often very bad.

Can you get off a ship and through customs in time to grab an 8:15AM shuttle. We are doing the same thing and want to book an 8:15AM shuttle but are not sure even with self assist that we can make an 8:15AM shuttle. So can we make that shuttle or should I book the next shuttle. Looking at Goportcanaveral.com shuttle service

We booked an 11:30 am flight from MCO in two weeks and now I'm regretting that decision. Booked Cortans and crossing our fingers. Never cruised NCL before so not familiar with the terminal. Any tips or advice? Will do self assist for sure. Last time I cruised from FLL they had an expedited line for Customs for those with the app, but don't recall the details. Anyone know about this ?

• 3 weeks later...

Our flight was booked for departure at 1:30- great timing. Got an email from Delta saying the flight is changed to 12 noon. It's the only direct flight that day. Husband wants to keep the flight I want to change it even if I have to have connections. How early do people get to th airport if they self assist or wait for their luggage?

You can still make it as long as you are off the ship with bags and clear of customs/immigration by 9:00 or earlier. The ride from PC to MCO takes just under an hour, which gives you two hours to check in, clear TSA and ride the train to your terminal/gate. You may want to consider carrying your bags off the ship. Good luck! :)

I talked my husband into changing our flight (noon). I don't want to be freaked out on the last day trying to make the flight. New flight is at 2:20 so we can exit later and have plenty of time. Now if I am at the airport in time to have made the noon flight I am sure I will here about it. Better safe than sorry.