2019 Transpacific CANCELATION

mugtech

The Sidney to Singapore cruise until March 30 is listed as sold out on the website. Gotta wonder if there will be two cruises b2b, from Singapore to Seattle or if it will be one big one like the 23 day Explorer, which went from Sidney through Hawaii..

The Sidney to Singapore cruise until March 30 is listed as sold out on the website. Gotta wonder if there will be two cruises b2b, from Singapore to Seattle or if it will be one big one like the 23 day Explorer, which went from Sidney through Hawaii..

B2B like Radiance is the general consensus.

We were booked on Ovation 30th March Sydney/Singapore. The only offer we had in the UK was Explorer on its rescheduled 29th March Sydney/Singapore, one day longer and different ports at protected price for equivalent cabin, plus 200USD per cabin or refund of deposit.

We took the Explorer option.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Hi all, spent one hour on the phone yesterday with RCI and will be taking up their offer changing my booked B2B now going to Hawaii then onto Vancouver, was offered first choice of staterooms with a discounted price on both segments also with a $550 USD on board credit pluse a 20% off voucher for my next cruise. So for me happy, happy, joy, joy. :-)

Edited by Beerbrewingcoffeecat

Hi all, spent one hour on the phone yesterday with RCI and will be taking up their offer changing my booked B2B now going to Hawaii then onto Vancouver, was offered first choice of staterooms with a discounted price on both segments also with a $550 USD on board credit pluse a 20% off voucher for my next cruise. So for me happy, happy, joy, joy. :-)

Are you saying that you were already able to book the Ovation B2B to replace the cancelled Explorer TP?

It all depends on what the cost of the B2B on Ovation vis a vis the cost of the TP on Explorer. My guess is the B2B will be more expensive on Ovation because it will probably be 18+10 or 12 = 28 to 30 nights vs. the 23 nights on Explorer. Maybe with the 20% off, but we'll just have to wait and see.

If I can get the B2B for the same price I paid for the Explorer TP with the 20% discount and keeping the same category stateroom (JS), it would be a no-brainer to do the B2B on Ovation.

It all depends on what the cost of the B2B on Ovation vis a vis the cost of the TP on Explorer. My guess is the B2B will be more expensive on Ovation because it will probably be 18+10 or 12 = 28 to 30 nights vs. the 23 nights on Explorer. Maybe with the 20% off, but we'll just have to wait and see.

If I can get the B2B for the same price I paid for the Explorer TP with the 20% discount and keeping the same category stateroom (JS), it would be a no-brainer to do the B2B on Ovation.

Besides the likely increase in price for the Ovation B2B, I'm also wondering about the itinerary. Quantum class is the only class ship that we haven't sailed yet. Is it too large to visit the ports that require tendering?

Peter, a bit confused, are you already booked on the Ovation B2B? Can you please come over to the Explorers roll call and chat with us? Most are NOT being offered what you got.

Are you saying that you were already able to book the Ovation B2B to replace the cancelled Explorer TP?
The final cost was way over the top, so I used my options and changed to B2B2B on the Radiance still with my OBCs and discounts, savings are in the bank for 2020 with my discount certificate.

Do we have any solid evidence that the Ovation booking of the two TP legs will go on sale on 12/12?

JC

As a cancelled Explorer 23 days April 2019 cruiser I received an email telling me I have from 12/12/17 until 12/22/17 to take the 20% credit on the Ovation TP or get a refund and a 10% credit on some other future cruise. Heard rumors Explorer rejects will get a 24 hour advance shot at the tickets before the general public.

As a cancelled Explorer 23 days April 2019 cruiser I received an email telling me I have from 12/12/17 until 12/22/17 to take the 20% credit on the Ovation TP or get a refund and a 10% credit on some other future cruise. Heard rumors Explorer rejects will get a 24 hour advance shot at the tickets before the general public.

It was my understanding its 10 days ending on Dec 22nd.

This is for US bookings , other countries have different rules on bookings

Do anybody know how long the Honolulu to Vancouver cruise is? I know it starts May 4th, a Saturday, and it's likely Alaska cruises will start on Fridays, so that's 13 days to play with. Perhaps the first Alaska cruise will be longer that 7 days?

Not rejects, refugees.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Do anybody know how long the Honolulu to Vancouver cruise is? I know it starts May 4th, a Saturday, and it's likely Alaska cruises will start on Fridays, so that's 13 days to play with. Perhaps the first Alaska cruise will be longer that 7 days?

Explorer pads the front end of the Alaska season with short coastal sailings (3-4 days) - Ovation may do the same.

As Biker19 stated, since the Ovation will be homeporting in Seattle, there will probably be 1 or more short cruises offered. The Radiance is doing a 12 night Honolulu to Vancouver, so the Ovation could be similar.

I would be surprised if an Alaskan cruise would start before May 17th

As Biker19 stated, since the Ovation will be homeporting in Seattle, there will probably be 1 or more short cruises offered. The Radiance is doing a 12 night Honolulu to Vancouver, so the Ovation could be similar.

Yes, Radiance is leaving Sydney on the 18th and arriving Vancouver on Friday the 17th. If Ovation leaves on the 17th and adds Victoria to the schedule, could also arrive Seattle on Friday the 17th.