Need help for complaint!

doublej

I need the name, email, or address of someone high in the ranks to contact about a complaint. Bob, can you help?

I called to purchase OBC to be applied to my daughter's upcoming cruise. The conversation between the agent and myself went great, very professional, and prompt.Names and cabin # confirmed. I was told I'd get an email confirmation. Email arrived within 2 minutes. Everything looked correct about sail date, booking #, cabin #, daughter's name, & amount. However, when I look at the spelling of the last name of my daughter' s male cabin mate, it was incorrect- and not by just a letter or two. Someone, guessing the agent I talked to, purposely spelled another last name which has a very inappropriate Spanish translation. No where close to the correct name. I called again, spoke to another agent, told him the problem. He kinda chuckled, said he'd fixed it on his side and there shouldn't be a problem since the cabin # was correct and I didn't need another email reflecting the correction. At that point, I was still polite, said OK, and hung up.

My intention was to give them the email confirmation to take with them in case there are issues with the OBC appearing on their account. The longer I think about someone intentionally typing this incorrect last name, the more it upsets me. I'm thinking someone thought it funny or even "creative," but I don't appreciate it or find the humor.

I'm not one to complain or make waves about issues. I'd rather just blow things off and move on. At first, I thought I'd just let this go, but I've decided this unprofessional action needs to be brought to someone's attention. I'll get a correct confirmation with correct spellings before I give them a copy of the email.

Sorry for my rant.

They would not intentionally mis-spell anyone's name, as the name on the reservation must match the identification or you probably won't be able to board. This was just an unfortunate mistake. Let it go.

This is not on the reservation, that's all ok..this is confirmation for OBC that I'm giving as a gift. And this was definitely intentional

If it will make you feel better to write the letter, I say go for it. The name Merion_Mom provided is the top.

As far as sending the email to your daughter as confirmation. I am guessing it is a regular text based email. When you forward it, just go down into the body of the email you received and correct the spelling, then add your text back at the top and send it on to your daughter.

Everyone has become way too sensitive.

It sounds kind of funny.

What is the last name and how did they misspell it??

Agreed.

It would also be hard to prove it was done intentionally. Is it possible that spell check changed the name to a Spanish word, possibly because the person who uses the computer types a lot in Spanish and has taught the AI in the computer that particular word, so it assumed that's what he/she really meant to type and changed it automatically?

Or maybe that person is also Hispanic/Spanish speaking, therefore making your argument about it being intended as mean spirited pretty hard to win. If it WAS intentional, you can certainly argue that it was unprofessional, and also inappropriate....but can you also maybe see it as funny?

I would give them the benefit of the doubt unless you can prove otherwise. Writing an email will do what? Put an employee on probation, maybe lose their job? Why? Because you're offended by a word? How derogatory was the word?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everyone has become way too sensitive.

It sounds kind of funny.

What is the last name and how did they misspell it??

Not going there. The rep thought it was funny. But me, not so much. Should not have happened

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those who do not experience racism have a hard time understanding it. Just that simple.

Congrats, you win the 2017 “fastest to blame racism” award. :rolleyes:

Those who have different/difficult names are used to it being butchered, even when we spell it slowly multiple times.

This is not on the reservation, that's all ok..this is confirmation for OBC that I'm giving as a gift. And this was definitely intentional

How do you know it was intentional? Or are you just assuming because your feelings are a little hurt?

Assuming it’s intentional means you’re assuming that person thought a funny or mean “joke” was worth risking their job over.......does that seem likely?

And I’m just curious - what are you hoping the resolution to your complaint to be?

I'm thinking not intentional. Even it if was there is absolutely no way to prove it, but you're feelings are hurt and you just have to make sure someone else suffers because of it. It was mentioned the second time she called the guy kinda chuckled at the name he read. I probably would have too. I'm a guy. We think things are funny. No harm in that. You should hear what we talk about at work. I'm a LEO so we have plenty of opportunities to think things are funny. We have to or we'll go crazy....I mean crazier.

All my opinions of course which my wife says are irrelevant.

Those who do not experience racism have a hard time understanding it. Just that simple.

So now your assuming that people haven't experienced racism?

OP I can understand if it upset you. I'm not saying you shouldn't be. But you don't know if it was intentional or an honest mistake. I really doubt someone would purposely do that, they would know their job is at stake.

And I’m just curious - what are you hoping the resolution to your complaint to be?

I'm guessing tar and feather but I could be wrong.

Probably compensation. Give me OBC. My feelings are hurt.

I just can't take this stuff seriously anymore with all the crap going on in the world.

Edited by dwayneb236

Not going there. The rep thought it was funny. But me, not so much. Should not have happened

The second rep, the one that chuckled?

Watch out, because laughing when uncomfortable can be a cultural thing, so you could be going towards an accidental racist moment while complaining of a possibly (but likely not...it’s unbelievable what predictive text and autocorrect can do, and no one proofreads anymore) racist moment.

So you contact the top brass - the most you can hope for is a generic so sorry this happened email in response. Maybe the two employees will be reprimanded, maybe one will lose his job because of the error (I've gotten some pretty strange autocorrect errors) - will that seriously make you happy? If that's the kind of person you are, go for it.

I think this is true, but just because some of us say she's being too sensitive and jumping to conclusions, does not make that statement fit. I am not white, and have experienced plenty of racism, and I still think she's being too sensitive. However the fact that she refuses to tell anyone the words she's referring to might have something to do with that.