Guaranteed Ocean view Balcony

We just did our first guarantee room. We chose the neighborhood guarantee, first time in a non-ocean view balcony but we had planned to get an interior so it is a good upgrade for us.

I went in knowing I could end up with the worst room. I had a few things I had really hoped for...not getting an adjoining room, being on a floor with rooms above and below and not being near a big storage area that might have extra noise at odd hours.

We were assigned our room a few days ago. Not quite 2 weeks after booking, and before we even made final payment.

I am thrilled with our assigned room. Our room met all my above hopes and we got boardwalk (as opposed to central park) and we got a room second from the end so have a decent view of the ocean and aqua theatre. We are on floor 10 which is my preferred floor.

There are still many other rooms that I feel are not a good as ours so we were not given the worst one they had to offer. But, no idea how they go about assigning a room and my list of hopes may have nothing to do with what they deem the "worst" on their list!

We went with the Guaranteed Ocean View Balcony on Grandeur when we booked a January 2018 cruise about 6-7 weeks ago. They assigned us a room pretty quickly, I think, 2 weeks after booking. I am pretty happy with the room, it's all the way port side aft, (last OV Balcony before the suites at the very aft) but have heard good things about aft cabins. From looking at pics of the ship, it seems our balcony might not have open sides, but I don't mind that at all. I think it was well worth the savings from picking my own cabin, and not really knowing that much about specific cabins, I doubt I would have come up with anything better!

We went with the Guaranteed Ocean View Balcony on Grandeur when we booked a January 2018 cruise about 6-7 weeks ago. They assigned us a room pretty quickly, I think, 2 weeks after booking. I am pretty happy with the room, it's all the way port side aft, (last OV Balcony before the suites at the very aft) but have heard good things about aft cabins. From looking at pics of the ship, it seems our balcony might not have open sides, but I don't mind that at all. I think it was well worth the savings from picking my own cabin, and not really knowing that much about specific cabins, I doubt I would have come up with anything better!

Hoping I get lucky too!

Went with the guarantee balcony on my next sailing on the Jewel. Mainly because they charged extra $168 pp if we wanted to pick our own room. We fully expected a smaller Deluxe Oceanview Balcony, but they assigned us a Superior Oceanview Balcony room instead on deck 9 midship. Was a heck of a surprise, would've costed us $300 extra pp if we picked a Superior Oceanview Balcony on our own.

After final payment for our cruise Dec. 9th on the Grandeur, balcony gty went on sale. I called and got upgraded to a balcony gty from an ocean view cabin for $4 total, plus I got $50 extra OBC. Only bad thing is, I haven't received my cabin assignment yet and the cruise is 4 weeks away. The balcony cabins have been sold out since a couple hours after I booked it. I hope they assign it soon. I'm not looking forward to finding out when I get to the cruise port! I don't know why it is taking them so long, if the cabins have been sold out weeks ago. Matter of fact, all the cabins are sold out! They better have one for me or I'll be sleeping in the Centrum......;p

Gwen :D

After final payment for our cruise Dec. 9th on the Grandeur, balcony gty went on sale. I called and got upgraded to a balcony gty from an ocean view cabin for $4 total, plus I got $50 extra OBC. Only bad thing is, I haven't received my cabin assignment yet and the cruise is 4 weeks away. The balcony cabins have been sold out since a couple hours after I booked it. I hope they assign it soon. I'm not looking forward to finding out when I get to the cruise port! I don't know why it is taking them so long, if the cabins have been sold out weeks ago. Matter of fact, all the cabins are sold out! They better have one for me or I'll be sleeping in the Centrum......;p

Gwen :D

There's an Owner's Suite available. ;) :D