Laundry bag

nfldpenguin

I heard that NCL doesn't allow hanging clothing on the Balcony. Why, I don't know. Maybe it could fly off and get caught in something.

Strickly speaking YES but more a matter of good judgment.

Hanging laundry off of a deck chair is the best way - hanging

it off of the railing in the open wind not acceptable.

With the balcony sliding door open position a chair in front

of the opening and hang the garment for drying there.

Hanging laundry off of a railing may apt to be sending a naval

semaphore of a distressing signal being 3 sheets to the wind ! LOL !

Hint for rapid drying of clothing is carefully use the hair dryer

in the cabin and wand it over the garment.

When we were on the Behind the Scenes tour, the laundry area was really amazing. The ship has huge machines which can dry and fold sheets, towels, and napkins. I would love to have one for the house.

They have another machine which labels personal laundry, so they know which cabin it came from. I still have some of the little labels on my shirts.

Ya those scratchy little devils nipping and biting like a vampire at

the neck. Some are more difficult to remove than others. Soaking in

hot water and firm pulling should remove them - care on sheer light

weight fabrics be gentle or the fabric might rip an unplanned opening !

Well, NCL has switched to using San Antonio instead of Valparaiso as its port for Santiago, Chile this year.

We leave in four weeks.

Everybody active in our Roll Call knows about the switch (we've discused it a lot!) but a straw poll reveals that about half of us have not been contacted by NCL.

If NCL can't even inform pax when the embarcation/disembarcation port has changed, I don't like their odds of being able to let people know in advance about a laundry special.

I totally think your situation deserves notification far more than my concern about laundry specials for sure. I guess I feel that it would be in their best interest, in the long run, to be "customer friendly". Give their customers something extra that is not all that costly....like "up to date" information about their specific cruise. No, they don't always know things far in advance to inform...but many times they do and they don't share that with their customers. I think everything is geared towards getting the bookings and maintaining a good enough impression onboard so they get more bookings but they are not all that concerned about the individual passenger who has already booked their cruise. Just my opinion and I have no desire to debate it.

ugh....they really need to inform the guest BEFORE their cruise if this will be available or not...especially on the longer cruises. I mean how hard is that? WE are on a 14 day in Jan and I know we will be needing it.
When I was at 10-day Western Mediterranean cruise, with Jade, the $20 a bag laundry was offered on day 8-ish. It was a promotion, so there was no advanced notice.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

When I was at 10-day Western Mediterranean cruise, with Jade, the $20 a bag laundry was offered on day 8-ish. It was a promotion, so there was no advanced notice.

Glad to hear that.......our cruise is a 14 day so i is my hope that they offer it after 7 days or so. That said....they need to be more consistent about their promotions....instead of keeping their passengers guessing how about making it an ongoing promotion on every cruise!

Glad to hear that.......our cruise is a 14 day so i is my hope that they offer it after 7 days or so. That said....they need to be more consistent about their promotions....instead of keeping their passengers guessing how about making it an ongoing promotion on every cruise!
I think they have the promotion when there wasn't enough business at the laundry department. It was a very good deal for us to wash a week worth of dirty clothes for $20.

I think they have the promotion when there wasn't enough business at the laundry department. It was a very good deal for us to wash a week worth of dirty clothes for $20.

Yes...I would imagine that's the case. I know they are in business to make money....just wish a bit more of their focus would be on "customer service" and the future "word of mouth" positive reviews of what to expect. NCL is my favorite cruise line.....just hope it stays that way.

The more I think about it, the more I think we (the people in the know) are better off with the current situation. If everyone knew about the laundry special, there'd probably be more demand for it and the price would go up.

It's hard to remember, but those of us on CC are the vast minority on a cruise ship. And bet at least a third of the cabins don't even look at their Freestyle Daily.

I have never been on an NCL cruise...is there a laundry room for guest use? On my last European cruise on Carnival Vista, I got up early on day 1, threw in a load, ironed some things, etc (we had been in Europe for 5 days) so I didn't have to worry about it for the rest of the cruise. I do love it when they have a laundry special, but I don't mind doing a load while my daughter sleeps!

I have never been on an NCL cruise...is there a laundry room for guest use? On my last European cruise on Carnival Vista, I got up early on day 1, threw in a load, ironed some things, etc (we had been in Europe for 5 days) so I didn't have to worry about it for the rest of the cruise. I do love it when they have a laundry special, but I don't mind doing a load while my daughter sleeps!

No laundromat on any NCL ship I've sailed.

None of the NCL ships has a laundry room.

I've read some post about there being a laundry bag deal for $20 for the 14 day cruises. Is this offered on all cruises? We're doing a 12 day on the breakway and could help for sure since it's a longer cruise.

Clearly you don’t need my answer now with everyone else [emoji23] but they even had the one full bag (wash/dry/fold)-Bundled Laundry Svc for $19.95 on our very short 4 nt Cuba Cruise on the Sky we just got off of this past Friday. I’m guessing that is mainly for you lucky guys on B2B or touring around for a bit since the offer was there in our daily on Monday and said would be returned on Thursday (we departed Friday). Have a great time on your trip!! Jealous !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Part 3 (see my 2 previous posts in this thread if you're interested in the full set):

Here on the Epic 13 day transatlantic I'm currently on, we just now got the offer slip for the 3rd time on this cruise with our Day 9 evening turn-down service, turn in by noon Day 10, and a return delivery of Day 11 by 6 pm.

Part 3 (see my 2 previous posts in this thread if you're interested in the full set):

Here on the Epic 13 day transatlantic I'm currently on, we just now got the offer slip for the 3rd time on this cruise with our Day 9 evening turn-down service, turn in by noon Day 10, and a return delivery of Day 11 by 6 pm.

Thanks....that's good to know. So I think I can count on at least one $20 laundry special on our 14 day cruise.

B2B get 1 bag per room or person? I didn't know this and am going in 12 days...

And if you have Platinum status you get FREE laundry on the cruise.

B2B cruises get -2- one on each leg.

Very Puzzled why NCL would not make the customary laundry bag deal

about the half way point on a 6 day or more cruise.

Should be a topic of discussion with the Hotel Director/Manager and perhaps

compensation made for doing laundry outside of the package deals ?

When I travel I always have a small vial of liquid laundry soap to do sink laundry -

a thimble full is enough for the basic BVDs "T" shirts. As for the other items of

clothing I pack enough for -7- days - mix and match giving each individual item

at least several days rest before wearing again. Desperate for clean clothing

you could wash shirts and pants and hang to dry in the shower or in a balcony

cabin air dry. Irons and ironing boards are available for use - contact your cabin steward.

Inquire in advance about the laundry deals - AND - if not available and you are

attending a Meet & Greet - make a fuss and find out why !

Those of you making the Behind the Scenes Tour (BST) make a note to see the

handling of personal laundry - very interesting !

Little off topic, but I was wondering does anyone know if all the clothes are washed and dried on hot or can you request a lower setting? Always been to nervous about things being shrunk to send to the ship laundry.

Little off topic, but I was wondering does anyone know if all the clothes are washed and dried on hot or can you request a lower setting? Always been to nervous about things being shrunk to send to the ship laundry.

They put everything through a dryer. If you are worried about anything shrinking, just wash and line dry it in your cabin.

I'm on a 9-day now. $19.99 laundry bag service was offered on the 3rd and 4th day. They also offer it again on the 6/7th day. Plan for a 2-day turnaround.

Excellent! Thank you! I was hoping there would be at least one early on the cruise since we're doing a couple days of sightseeing before boarding. Just lightened my suitcase!

We've been on the Escape 5 times. All have had the $20 laundry sometime during each cruise. For those who think they notify passengers when they're not going to have it, you have to ask yourself, when did they ever notify you that they had one in the first place? They didn't set that expectation. You just found out about then here or on Facebook. NCL doesn't advertise those prior to a cruise.

Have been with NCL over 10 years and they have offered laundry service on every cruise - usually on day 4/5 on 7 day cruise or day 5 &10 on longer cruises.

I don't like being negative but I prefer to bring my laundry home. I usually wash a lot of items in cold or luke warm water with fabric softener, plus I bring enough intimates so I can wait to get home. If you are a 1st timer using the laundry service, I would try sending out a few items to see if it meets your standards.

Have been with NCL over 10 years and they have offered laundry service on every cruise - usually on day 4/5 on 7 day cruise or day 5 &10 on longer cruises.

I don't like being negative but I prefer to bring my laundry home. I usually wash a lot of items in cold or luke warm water with fabric softener, plus I bring enough intimates so I can wait to get home. If you are a 1st timer using the laundry service, I would try sending out a few items to see if it meets your standards.

I know what you mean........but our next cruise is 14 days and there are 4 of us going in the same small car. We can't fit that much luggage to make sure we all have a clean set of clothes for each day, and I am not into washing things out in the bathroom and hoping they dry in all the Caribbean humidity. So one special on our cruise would be very helpful.....if not then we will have to pay for individual items. ugh!

...I am not into washing things out in the bathroom and hoping they dry in all the Caribbean humidity. ...

The Caribbean humidity does not affect your cabin nor its bathroom. Although I send our clothes to the ship's laundry I wash my husband's compression socks by hand in the bathroom sink, using a bit of shampoo as laundry soap. I roll them in a towel to get excess moisture out, then hang them on the clothesline that is provided in the shower. I wash them in the morning and they're easily dry the next day.

If you need your washed clothing in less time and it's still damp, use the hairdryer to blow warm air on it to finish the drying.