Under The Whirlpool

HicksRA

i just booked cabin 1560 on the Liberty which was the last available GS for that date.

I was looking at the deck plans and see that this cabin is directly under the Whirlpool on deck 11.

I’m wondering what the noise potential is in this location and looking for any feedback from anyone who has stayed in this cabin.

Have never stayed under the whirlpool. Don't know if it would be noisier or not. I suppose you could hear the jets running. One consideration is that the whirlpool cantilevers out over the side of the ship and if you are directly under it, you will have it covering your balcony. For this reason, I would choose a different cabin if available. Be advised though, anywhere under the pool deck usually has some chair movement noise as they are set up or are cleaning the deck.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I want you to be prepared. It wasn't any noiser but it is the worst balcony GS. The overhang on the tub makes the balcony feel like a cave and there is a blue film on the window that tints everything. There is also a material overhand to keep condensation at bay. Keep looking to see if another one pops up. I know it is first world problems, but when you pay that much for a room and get that for a balcony it is disappointing. On my survey I told them they need to note it as an obstructed view. The room itself was nice.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I want you to be prepared. It wasn't any noiser but it is the worst balcony GS. The overhang on the tub makes the balcony feel like a cave and there is a blue film on the window that tints everything. There is also a material overhand to keep condensation at bay. Keep looking to see if another one pops up. I know it is first world problems, but when you pay that much for a room and get that for a balcony it is disappointing. On my survey I told them they need to note it as an obstructed view. The room itself was nice.

Thanks for the warning. I suspected there might be a reason this was the last choice. I’ll keep checking every day to try to catch a cancelled cabin popping up.

I was under one on sister ship Freedom. Did not hear anything from the whirlpool, and really did not mind the funny looking glass on the balcony or the shade from the overhang.

What I did not like was the awful scraping of pool chairs on the tile floor above us when they cleaned at 4 am. Horrible!! :mad:

I was in 1560 on Independence and it is not directly under the whirlpool, 1564 is. Yes, you can see it as you look aft. However, I loved the cabin, it's in a great location and I barely noticed the whirpool. The glass on half the balcony was tinted but that made very little difference. Just my honest opinion.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I was under one on sister ship Freedom. Did not hear anything from the whirlpool, and really did not mind the funny looking glass on the balcony or the shade from the overhang.

What I did not like was the awful scraping of pool chairs on the tile floor above us when they cleaned at 4 am. Horrible!! :mad:

Also on Freedom if you are back in 1568 no noise from whirlpool, but funny balcony glass there as well.

Just heard chair movement from above one night.

Nice location though.

Safe travels.

Also on Freedom if you are back in 1568 no noise from whirlpool, but funny balcony glass there as well.

Just heard chair movement from above one night.

Nice location though.

Safe travels.

Guess I am a light sleeper, I heard it most nights...and was really bad the one night when they did a deep cleaning. Shame they have to drag those loungers like that. :(