Airline Boarding Pass on Overnight in Port

TTFromSommersTown

I am on the Zaandam over Christmas and New Year and we overnight in Buenos Aries before leaving on the 6th Jan. How do people print their Boarding Passes in a case like this as I assume that the ships internet will not be available and therefore nor their printers?

I will have a cell phone plan that will allow me to complete check-in but I will not be able to print. I know I can send it to my smart phone but I always worry that it will die on me just when I am in the middle of the security lines.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony.

I am on the Zaandam over Christmas and New Year and we overnight in Buenos Aries before leaving on the 6th Jan. How do people print their Boarding Passes in a case like this as I assume that the ships internet will not be available and therefore nor their printers?

I will have a cell phone plan that will allow me to complete check-in but I will not be able to print. I know I can send it to my smart phone but I always worry that it will die on me just when I am in the middle of the security lines.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony.

If you checked in online with the airline app, it should give you a scannable icon for boarding. If the phone dies, the ticketing desk or gate agent will still have you as "checked in" and can print you a boarding pass if you want one for your scrap book[emoji1].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have often seen cruisers crowded into the Internet place, on their last day of a cruise, desperately trying to print out boarding passes..... And, we have wondered why most would give up a last cruise day to spend their time doing such a task. Yes, nearly all airlines let you print out a boarding pass within the last 24 hours. But, in nearly all cases, one can simply go to the airport and print out that same boarding pass (much faster) from a Kisok terminal...or simply check-in and let the clerks print out the pass. The one exception is with Southwest if one is trying to get a low boarding number....but even that can be avoided by paying $15 a person....which gets you an additional benefit of an "A" boarding number.

DW and I have our own philosophy of enjoying our entire last day on a cruise without worrying about boarding passes, careful packing (we can quickly pack in less than an hour), etc. When you pay for a cruise vacation, why not try to enjoy it from the first minute until the last.

Hank

We have often seen cruisers crowded into the Internet place, on their last day of a cruise, desperately trying to print out boarding passes..... And, we have wondered why most would give up a last cruise day to spend their time doing such a task. Yes, nearly all airlines let you print out a boarding pass within the last 24 hours. But, in nearly all cases, one can simply go to the airport and print out that same boarding pass (much faster) from a Kisok terminal...or simply check-in and let the clerks print out the pass. The one exception is with Southwest if one is trying to get a low boarding number....but even that can be avoided by paying $15 a person....which gets you an additional benefit of an "A" boarding number.

DW and I have our own philosophy of enjoying our entire last day on a cruise without worrying about boarding passes, careful packing (we can quickly pack in less than an hour), etc. When you pay for a cruise vacation, why not try to enjoy it from the first minute until the last.

Hank

It took me about ten (10) minutes to check-in and print out our Boarding Passes on Oosterdam a little over a week ago. We wouldn't exactly call that giving up our last day onboard! Lol.

It took me about ten (10) minutes to check-in and print out our Boarding Passes on Oosterdam a little over a week ago. We wouldn't exactly call that giving up our last day onboard! Lol.

Neither would I.

Hank tends to post in hyperbole, so that needs to be taken into account when reading anything of his.

You can purchase the Luggage Direct Service. For about $20 a person they will check you in for your flight, print your boarding passes, take your luggage to the airport and check it in for you. You don't have to collect your luggage once you get off the ship--you just walk off with your carry-on stuff and you will see your luggage again at your final airport. We did this last year in Florida and it was great. So fast and easy. Worth the price.