Drink Package for 20 year old

And if memory serves, the age you are on the first day of your cruise is the age they will treat you for the entire cruise ... so that if you are 20 on the first day of the cruise, and turn 21 the second day, you're SOL if you wanted to purchase liquor on board.

Michael

And if memory serves, the age you are on the first day of your cruise is the age they will treat you for the entire cruise ... so that if you are 20 on the first day of the cruise, and turn 21 the second day, you're SOL if you wanted to purchase liquor on board.

Michael

You can go to guest services on the day you turn 21 and show them your ID and they will make the change for you.

You can go to guest services on the day you turn 21 and show them your ID and they will make the change for you.

Then that represents a change over when I last cruised RCL ... and in fairness to the "new 21 year old", that's a good thing too.

Thanks for updating me. :)

Michael

Michael

This is my memory and experience also. Earlier this year, my grandson turned 21 three days into RCCL cruise and he was not allowed to legally get any alcoholic beverages while on that cruise.

This is my memory and experience also. Earlier this year, my grandson turned 21 three days into RCCL cruise and he was not allowed to legally get any alcoholic beverages while on that cruise.

Prior to the website change and the new FAQ section there was a section in there dealing with turning 21 during a cruise. Unfortunately it is no longer there.

Perhaps the information that I provided was very old or just Royals typical inconsistencies.

No one under 21 allowed to drink on the ship, no waivers for RCCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.... apart from all ex-European, Australian, U.K., Asian sailings.... in fact for the whole world apart from the USA where you can drink and buy packages on board at 18.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael

I was on am RCI cruise for my 21st birthday. I remember at midnight the pub let me have a shot and the next day I went to guest services and they changed it to 21 so I could drink. And booooooooooy did I drink!

Years ago you could sign a waiver, but RCI did away with that quite some time ago. If sailing from the US you have to be 21. I believe UK sailings are 18 though.

I think they did away with the waiver for 18 year olds around 2004 or so. I remember going on the Mariner in 2004 and my folks signing the waiver for me. I don't know who regretted it more, me or them!

I think they did away with the waiver for 18 year olds around 2004 or so. I remember going on the Mariner in 2004 and my folks signing the waiver for me. I don't know who regretted it more, me or them!

The new rule went into effect in 2007. My son was just reminding me about it today. (the first time he would have been eligible for me to sign the waiver for him, and POOF, it was gone ;) )

Age 21 for cruises originating from a US port. Cruises originating from ports outside the US are age 18. When we did the Mediterranean we had to buy my 19 yo drink package on board as you couldn’t buy it on the cruise planner for an under 21 yo. When we checked in at the cruise terminal in Civitivecchia they gave him a youth’s seapass. He couldn’t get any drinks even though he had the drink sticker on his card. We had to go to guest services and they happily changed his card to an adult card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not exactly sure why it is, but I believe RCCL also doesn't allow those under 21 to drink on cruises originating in Canada. I'm not sure of the legality of this...and I wonder whether it has been challenged.

They are a private company. They can make the minimum age for drinking 73 if they want to.

My details were off about the originating port. Originating in North America then the age is 21. I guess RCI have adopted us in Canada as another state? I think if you are on a Transatlantic sailing to/from a NA port you may be out of luck too. Private Islands age is 21 no matter where the sailing originates. Answers the age change over question too.

See below from their website:

“...However, if a guest celebrates their 21st birthday during the cruise, the guest may thereafter ask the Guest Services Manager to modify ship's records to permit their consumption of alcohol during the remainder of the cruise. The guest will be required to appear at Guest Services with his or her parent or guardian and to present a government issued form of identification to establish that the guest's 21st birthday was celebrated during the cruise.

ALCOHOL POLICY

Effective immediatly on all sailings, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International is as follows.

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18). The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.”

And if you get caught giving them drinks...

“Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.”

Cheers!

They are a private company. They can make the minimum age for drinking 73 if they want to.

I'm not sure how valid that statement is. I believe there are discrimination laws that would come into play. The "21" can probably be applied because there are states where 21 is the legal minimum age . I don't think RCI could get away with only allowing guests that are under 40 on board, or only women that meet a "certain" criteria just because they are a private company. Maybe I'm wrong. But it would definitely be a bad business decision ;p

:beer-toast: Cheers... But only to those over 21... on a NA sailing... 18+ for anywhere else :D

dp

My details were off about the originating port. Originating in North America then the age is 21. I guess RCI have adopted us in Canada as another state? I think if you are on a Transatlantic sailing to/from a NA port you may be out of luck too. Private Islands age is 21 no matter where the sailing originates. Answers the age change over question too.

See below from their website:

“...However, if a guest celebrates their 21st birthday during the cruise, the guest may thereafter ask the Guest Services Manager to modify ship's records to permit their consumption of alcohol during the remainder of the cruise. The guest will be required to appear at Guest Services with his or her parent or guardian and to present a government issued form of identification to establish that the guest's 21st birthday was celebrated during the cruise.

ALCOHOL POLICY

Effective immediatly on all sailings, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International is as follows.

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18). The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.”

And if you get caught giving them drinks...

“Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.”

Cheers!

Thanks for posting the policy. For whatever reason I could not find it earlier.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

No one under 21 allowed to drink on the ship, no waivers for RCCL.

Not exactly true. The ships drinking age is based on the country it is "closed loop" from. So in Europe, the age is 18. So if you want your 20 year old to have unlimited drinks, the best thing is to pick a cruise in Europe or Asia.

I'm not exactly sure why it is, but I believe RCCL also doesn't allow those under 21 to drink on cruises originating in Canada. I'm not sure of the legality of this...and I wonder whether it has been challenged.

RCCL ship, these rules.