20% discount on Celebrity excursions

RockinJ

I am suspicious about Celebrity excursions that are discounted 20%. Do you think the snorkelling is poor due to the hurricanes? Or is there competition from private excursions? I have never seen Celebrity discount trips before.

They had a sale a few months

We booked excursions during a sale for our cruise on Equinox last spring. Was a definite savings over booking directly with the vendor and the regular price for booking through Celebrity.

And booked an excursion during a sale for an upcoming cruise. Was notified of a sale (2nd sale) for the same cruise - but different excursions are on sale. I think the one we booked is sold out since I don't see it listed any longer.

Edited by cruisin' lady

It seems to be arbitrary, and "up to" 20%.

For my Summit trip in Dec, some excursions are full price, one that I have booked went down exactly 5%. The website felt the need to remind me that I booked it on xxx date. Did not mention that I paid full price, but I have it in my file.

That's not worth it to me to cancel and rebook, but your mileage may vary.

Saw this earlier today and checked out the Caymans snorkel/StingRay city excursion in early December was $70 per person while per person at reliable vendors was only $40. My cruise partner has never been there so there's a fair probability we'll do one through an outside source.

A few months back there was a 72 hour sale of shore excursions. The email said up to 20% off. After trying unsuccessfully to book online I tried calling. After holding 3 different times for upwards of 30 minutes, 3 emails back and forth and them calling me back to book, I found out that the excursions we booked were 5% off. I saved a grand total of $6, certainly not worth the time it took to do. Also I could definitely book those same tours privately for less than I paid, however we've got a ton of OBC, so we booked with Celebrity. It's interesting that when most of us see the 20% and remember it we fail to see the two little words before it which are the important ones. "UP TO"!

Are the sale prices on the website or is there a promotion code or link needed.

I'm not sure I would know if the excursions were on sale or not by looking at the website.

The prices are on the site. It's hard to tell if it's on sale or not depending on whether you priced an excursion before the sale. You don't need a promo code. If in doubt, call. They were very helpful to me during another of their 72 hour sales on determining which ones were on sale and booking .