Costa Maya Beaches

Our trip to Costa Maya certainly did involve seaweed, but it wasn't a distraction for us. It is probably worth noting that we were in a large groups that featured everyone from retirees to children, so our needs may well have been different. However, the beach was still fine and the service was amazing. Really, the only thing we couldn't have done that day was snorkel-- the water was too cloudy for that.

We've been to Maya Chan several times, the last being last April. There was so much seaweed that we couldn't go in at all. They were trying to clean it up but it was a never ending chore. I think, for some weather reason, there was much more than normal as we've been there before without that excessive amount of seaweed. That being said, we would go there in a heart beat anytime because of the great people there and the fantastic food. The fish and fish taco's were unbelievable. Mark is the owner and you can always email him and ask what the situation is regarding seaweed.

Where do you grab the taxi at Costa Maya? Last time I was there, I saw a tram, is there a taxi stand past this I guess?

Like Bob said they are outside the port area. There are lots of them. The shuttles inside the port are $3 per person. A taxi outside the port area is $2 per person. We were just there a couple of weeks ago

Tried going to the Crazy Lobster, waited over 40 minutes for our food which never came.

Like Bob said they are outside the port area. There are lots of them. The shuttles inside the port are $3 per person. A taxi outside the port area is $2 per person. We were just there a couple of weeks ago

Tried going to the Crazy Lobster, waited over 40 minutes for our food which never came.

I was thinking Krazy Lobster this next trip, thanks for the feedback. I've been once, in October this year. Hated Costa Maya but never found my way out of the port. Ended up booking Costa Maya again as the cruise worked out for us, so I'm very glad we found this thread. We'll be doing the Maya Chan. I see they have taxi instructions on their site, too. Stay to the right, hop in the cab, enjoy the day!

We can deal with seaweed and what not if it's not perfect. We live near the beach, it's not make or break for us getting to swim. Nice drinks, food, and a relaxed vibe is good enough for us and if the water is nice that day, all the better.

I was at maya chan last week, seaweed?? Guess it was cleaned up before we got there. Water was clear, clear enuff to watch the angel fish peck at my legs( i would kick up sand in water and they would gather around me) Food was excellent. Like omg good. Drinks delivered to you in the water! Every group gets private cabana. Now for the road, it takes about 25 min to get there. Part of the drive is a hard packed dirt road. Lots of pot holes. Taxis are careful drive slow and go around holes. Another couple was with us, who was there 2weeks prior. They felt roads were better. Life is an adventure, it's not how fast but the journey to the end that counts. I would highly recomend maya chan. And now looking for cruises that stop here61c3a71af401b32ffe399cc9ce05cc1d.jpg48aaea60ae675db999b7b9044548417f.jpgaeca6d3c0514649b0b8256679dcd4a27.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I was at maya chan last week, seaweed?? Guess it was cleaned up before we got there. Water was clear, clear enuff to watch the angel fish peck at my legs( i would kick up sand in water and they would gather around me) Food was excellent. Like omg good. Drinks delivered to you in the water! Every group gets private cabana. Now for the road, it takes about 25 min to get there. Part of the drive is a hard packed dirt road. Lots of pot holes. Taxis are careful drive slow and go around holes. Another couple was with us, who was there 2weeks prior. They felt roads were better. Life is an adventure, it's not how fast but the journey to the end that counts. I would highly recomend maya chan. And now looking for cruises that stop here61c3a71af401b32ffe399cc9ce05cc1d.jpg48aaea60ae675db999b7b9044548417f.jpgaeca6d3c0514649b0b8256679dcd4a27.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for this and your pictures!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off of Freedom of the Seas today. Maya Chan was amazing. Yes, there was some sea grass. But, they worked at raking it up. We all enjoyed the day and my boys even played with the grass. Service and food were exceptional. We had Cabana/hut number three. It was perfect. Shaded, with plenty of chairs and a hammock. I can't say enough good things about this place.