Deluxe drink package

yulcruiser

You just need to get creative. It is what it is. Get a Refreshment Package, which will cover your non-alcoholic drinks. Not sure if your Mom has to get the same package or just get the soda package (cheaper).

Take on your 2 bottles of wine, and use the 3 cocktails your Mom will get nightly on her card. Any other alcohol drinks you need, pay for individually.

Just off the Indy today. All seven of us had the drink package. Different from other lines, every drink was rung up as an individual sale and cards were swiped one at a time.

I would think that at some point, they will have an algorithm built that will determine if someone is sharing their card just by the number of swipes in a given time frame.

Example: Two drinks, two different bars, 5-10 minutes apart. This pattern repeats every hour or two. Clearly sharing.

It was not possible to get two drinks at the same bar on one card. People who cheat are spending way too much vacation time running around from bar to bar getting the freebie. At least, that's how we see it.

I imagine this will increase the smuggling of alcohol on board. The replenish package includes non-alcoholic cocktails, not too difficult to add your own shots of whatever as desired. Two people can get that package for less than one getting the deluxe.

Just off the Indy today. All seven of us had the drink package. Different from other lines, every drink was rung up as an individual sale and cards were swiped one at a time.

I would think that at some point, they will have an algorithm built that will determine if someone is sharing their card just by the number of swipes in a given time frame.

Example: Two drinks, two different bars, 5-10 minutes apart. This pattern repeats every hour or two. Clearly sharing.

It was not possible to get two drinks at the same bar on one card. People who cheat are spending way too much vacation time running around from bar to bar getting the freebie. At least, that's how we see it.

It's been a while, but when I was on Allure in 2013, I got multiple drinks at one bar during the whole cruise. All it takes is a nice tip and a friendly attitude. The employee just rings up each drink individually, so two transactions back to back. I did not share though, I just enjoy sipping on a little whisky with my beer. However, having worked in the service industry myself, as long as you tip well, you can do pretty much whatever you want. So I can see how this drink package can be abused.

Several people have said that there is no solution if both don't drink.

There is.

Buy your drinks individually.

😊

I went on Allure with a friend who drank, but not a whole lot. She didn't want to impede on my fun, so she just bit the bullet and bought the drink package so I could enjoy the benefits of mine. The policy is what it is and we accepted that. If people don't like it, they should buy their drinks individually, just like they did prior to 2012 when the unlimited drinks didn't exist. Problem solved.

Just got our drink packages (on sale!) 5 of us in an Ultra Spacious Balcony. MIL does not drink. We ended up with 2 deluxe alcohol packages, 1 refreshment package, 2 unlimited sodas and internet for one device, roughly $1000 for a 7 night cruise.

I am not even sure if she will use the refreshment package enough to cover the cost ($18 a day), but I am sure we will make it up with our booze, LOL.

Well worth it IMO. Just not having to worry about your bill at the end of the cruise is worth it.

Just got our drink packages (on sale!) 5 of us in an Ultra Spacious Balcony. MIL does not drink. We ended up with 2 deluxe alcohol packages, 1 refreshment package, 2 unlimited sodas and internet for one device, roughly $1000 for a 7 night cruise.

I am not even sure if she will use the refreshment package enough to cover the cost ($18 a day), but I am sure we will make it up with our booze, LOL.

Well worth it IMO. Just not having to worry about your bill at the end of the cruise is worth it.

Lucky. Our 2 booze packages came to $900 for 7 nights.

We just booked a cruise for next August. We did the drink package on our first cruise 4 years ago.. Definetly worth it. Should we buy black Friday price now? It was like Buy one get one 50% off. SO 700 for 7 night cruise. Do they ever have any other sales?

We just booked a cruise for next August. We did the drink package on our first cruise 4 years ago.. Definetly worth it. Should we buy black Friday price now? It was like Buy one get one 50% off. SO 700 for 7 night cruise. Do they ever have any other sales?

Sales are unpredictable. However, you can cancel and re-order if you see a better price.

That seems really high. Did your cruise not qualify for the black friday/cyber monday sale? We paid $967 for 10 nights, and $743 for a 7 night

$41 per day and $45 per day respectively

No sale for my cruise unfortunately. $55/day. Add in gratuities, $906 for 2 of us. We will get our money's worth though. :D

I was told the only exception they would make is if the other person takes the refreshment package. If they don’t take a package then it’s a hard “no”. Disappointing policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this post. I wasn't aware prior to purchasing on line. However this morning I rang and had the second deluxe cancelled and took the refreshment package for my OH, for both our B2B legs. Very easy process.

This is exactly our situation too. DH cannot drink any alcohol due to medical reasons and so I cannot purchase a drink package. You would think they could do something about this...

They DO make an exception for those who don't drink for medical reasons.

You certainly CAN get your drink package.

It's really just a numbers game. I don't think it's truly about "sharing." They tested this on a few cruises, and probably compared numbers. With this requirement, a higher percentage of guests end up with the drink package, even considering some cabins will decline it because of the rule. More revenue. And since Carnival already does it, Royal doesn't look like the bad guy and what are you going to do, sail Carnival?

Out of curiosity, will it be an issue for my husband to take my card to the bar with him and get drinks for both of us (we both have the deluxe package)? That has not been an issue on other lines we have sailed with a drink package, but wanted to confirm since this is our first Royal cruise in over seven years.

When we cruise, my husband will often run up to a bar to bring post-dinner drinks back to the cabin while I am getting our daughter ready for bed, and he would do so by bringing my card with him to use in addition to his own. Hoping this would not be an issue on our upcoming Liberty cruise.

Out of curiosity, will it be an issue for my husband to take my card to the bar with him and get drinks for both of us (we both have the deluxe package)? That has not been an issue on other lines we have sailed with a drink package, but wanted to confirm since this is our first Royal cruise in over seven years.

When we cruise, my husband will often run up to a bar to bring post-dinner drinks back to the cabin while I am getting our daughter ready for bed, and he would do so by bringing my card with him to use in addition to his own. Hoping this would not be an issue on our upcoming Liberty cruise.

I've always done this without issue.

Out of curiosity, will it be an issue for my husband to take my card to the bar with him and get drinks for both of us (we both have the deluxe package)? ...

Should not be a problem, I've seen it done every cruise.

No sale for my cruise unfortunately. $55/day. Add in gratuities, $906 for 2 of us. We will get our money's worth though. :D

Taking my son and his girlfriend on a RC in Dec., and I bought the deluxe pkg. for both of them [in their late 20's], paid the $55per person, per day and the total was just shy of $500. I've called RC 3 times now to MAKE SURE the 18% tip is NOT added to every drink they order with this pkg. They assure me, no tips will be added. With that said...... How did the previous poster's bar bill get to $906, if tips are supposed to be included. Is RC telling me the truth, or not?? Yikes......

Edited by mschopinliszt
I just realized....the other poster probably had a longer cruise than our 4 night excursion.. sorry!!

But the ultimate drink package on Cyber Monday. For $43. They let my wife buy the soda package since she doesn’t drink. Our travel agent set it up yesterday for us

Interesting, first time I've see a report where they allow one guest to have Deluxe and the other to have Classic Soda.

Interesting, first time I've see a report where they allow one guest to have Deluxe and the other to have Classic Soda.

Did it yesterday travel agent said she would have to buy the refreshment package but I told her that my wife doesn’t drink coffee or tea so she asked the RCCL Agent if we can do the Classic Soda and they told her yes. Maybe cause it was a special for Cyber Monday but doesn’t matter to me I got a great deal. It never hurts to ask and also have a nice RCCL Agent Some go exactly by the book

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Taking my son and his girlfriend on a RC in Dec., and I bought the deluxe pkg. for both of them [in their late 20's], paid the $55per person, per day and the total was just shy of $500. I've called RC 3 times now to MAKE SURE the 18% tip is NOT added to every drink they order with this pkg. They assure me, no tips will be added. With that said...... How did the previous poster's bar bill get to $906, if tips are supposed to be included. Is RC telling me the truth, or not?? Yikes......

Once you've purchased the package, no additional gratuity ever gets added to your on-board account unless you specifically add an additional tip (you have to write in an amount on the slip you sign, just like you'd do on a credit card slip at any land-based establishment).

The total price depends on when the package was purchased and whether the price included gratuities or not. Different ships and different sailings have different prices.

If you've already had the package charged to your credit card, it's all done and paid for -- no additional charges will be added.

The only possible difference will be if they want a specific higher-end drink. Most packages cover anything up to a $12 price. If they want a $15 drink, they'll have to pay the $3 difference plus the 18% gratuity on the $3 charge. But the vast majority of drinks will be "free" with the package.

My family and I sailed with RC in July. Some of us purchased the drink package and others (in the same cabin) did not purchase anything. We were told that RC no longer required all adults in the same stateroom to purchase the drink package if anyone purchases a package.