Summit - Hair Dryer and Power Outlets?

RadioPeri

Hi all, haven't been on the Summit for quite a while. Can someone fill me in on the hair dryer situation? Last I remember, it was in the desk drawer on a VERY short cord, and you had to hold the power button on. Is it still the same or have things evolved?

Also, how about power outlets? Last time, we had to run an extension cord on a power strip from the desk to the bed, and, of course, there were no USB outlets. Hoping that's been updated since, also, but would love to know for sure (and am doubtful, lol).

TIA to anyone with recent info!

No change in hair dryer.

Power strips with surge suppressors not allowed due to possible fire hazard.

Same for extensions cords. If you need one for a CPAP the cruise line will provide one for you.

So, are you saying the outlets are the same, as well? I wasn't asking about the rules, I'm inquiring about the availability of electrical and USB outlets.

I do appreciate the answer about the hair dryers.

No change in the outlets, no USB ports. If you need multiple electrical devices simultaneously get the cube-shaped multi-outlet, or a power strip with no surge suppressor (but be prepared that it might get flagged anyway and you will have to show that it isn't the wrong kind of device)

No change in the outlets, no USB ports. If you need multiple electrical devices simultaneously get the cube-shaped multi-outlet, or a power strip with no surge suppressor (but be prepared that it might get flagged anyway and you will have to show that it isn't the wrong kind of device)

Thank again. We've got all the accessories we need, we were just hoping we wouldn't have to bring or use them.

I have a small power strip, the cord wraps around it and plugs in to one of the outlets. It is not surge protected. I have taken this on every cruise I have been on with no problems. Summit in the spring, no problem. Summit in the fall, luggage sent to naughty room. They absolutely were not permitting this. We shall see about Summit in January.