Dissapointing service from Royal Caribbean

dasico

After a few wonderful cruises with RC, we are dissapointed with their customer service today. Booked cruise in Feb this year with a $150 OBC promotion. However as we are Platinum crown and anchor members, when we booked and entered our CAS #'s it applied a AU$48 CAS discount and removed the US$150 OBC . Told today, the only way to get the OBC was to cancel the booking, and rebook at a higher price (would be $600 out of pocket). They don't understand how absurd this is.

:mad:

After a few wonderful cruises with RC, we are dissapointed with their customer service today. Booked cruise in Feb this year with a $150 OBC promotion. However as we are Platinum crown and anchor members, when we booked and entered our CAS #'s it applied a AU$48 CAS discount and removed the US$150 OBC . Told today, the only way to get the OBC was to cancel the booking, and rebook at a higher price (would be $600 out of pocket). They don't understand how absurd this is.

:mad:

So you didn't notice when you booked, or in the last 9 months?

You are out $100 it sounds due to some glitch when you booked, with no way to prove that (or do you have proof). While it would be nice for you if they just believed you and there you$100, I don't any company would do that. Chalk it up to double checking things of this nature.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

So you didn't notice when you booked, or in the last 9 months?

You are out $100 it sounds due to some glitch when you booked, with no way to prove that (or do you have proof). While it would be nice for you if they just believed you and there you$100, I don't any company would do that. Chalk it up to double checking things of this nature.

Yep, I have proof as our friends who are first time cruisers booked at same time and have the OBC showing. Thats how I know how much the CAS discount was. It was only when going to pay for drink packages now we noticed they could use their OBC to pay for theirs and we couldn't (as no OBC was showing). At time of booking the OBC was showing as a promotion, and at no time did it say that as we were geting the CAS discount, then the OBC didn't apply.

Yes, its only about $150.00 but it's the priciple of it, and you could say the same to a billion $ company like RC that 'it's only $150.00'

Yep, I have proof as our friends who are first time cruisers booked at same time and have the OBC showing. Thats how I know how much the CAS discount was. It was only when going to pay for drink packages now we noticed they could use their OBC to pay for theirs and we couldn't (as no OBC was showing). At time of booking the OBC was showing as a promotion, and at no time did it say that as we were geting the CAS discount, then the OBC didn't apply.

Yes, its only about $150.00 but it's the priciple of it, and you could say the same to a billion $ company like RC that 'it's only $150.00'

By proof, it would have to be showing you booked it with the obc, and never got it. It sounds like you didn't check when you booked.

You day it is only$150, so chalk it up to a life lesson, and move on. I highly doubt you will get it back, but if you want to try, go for it.

Just because you booked at the same time as somebody else, even at the same second, there is no proof you saw the same obc offer and booked it. There is really no way for them to know you are telling the truth, and probably get 1000's of calls a week with people that have some story (true or not), of why they need money back or more obc.

Some will say you should email the CEO, and you could probably try, or even call back over and over trying for a different answer, but I don't that 9 months later there is anything you can do.

The vast majority of promotions do not stack with the CAS discount and ultimately it's the consumer's obligation to ensure they are getting the best deal available. If you are booking yourself online, it's your responsibility to understand what exact offer and price you are getting. The specifics outlining the rules with combining offers would be in the fine print of the promotion, and again shown when you got the emailed confirmation.

Ultimately it might be better for you to book through a travel agent and let them do the double checking of promotional rules and getting you the best deal available.

The OP is 100% correct. I have today written to C&A. I have been having trouble with my Crown and Anchor online membership due to some supposed "glitch" with my birth date.

We decided to do a 'last cruise' on the Voyager (Voyager is leaving Australia). All we could get was a JS which was fine. It was advertised to have $US400 OBC. Due to the glitch with my C&A, I couldn't put in my C&A number and the booking was "held" with an invoice for $AU4,082.00 and $US400 OBC.

Once we were able to apply my C&A number, the price went down to $AU3,792.00 BUT no $US400 OBC. Because of loyalty, we are now down US$110.

As I have said in my email to them, why is a 'perk' now a 'penalty'.

Cheers

Di

By proof, it would have to be showing you booked it with the obc, and never got it. It sounds like you didn't check when you booked.

You day it is only$150, so chalk it up to a life lesson, and move on. I highly doubt you will get it back, but if you want to try, go for it.

Just because you booked at the same time as somebody else, even at the same second, there is no proof you saw the same obc offer and booked it. There is really no way for them to know you are telling the truth, and probably get 1000's of calls a week with people that have some story (true or not), of why they need money back or more obc.

Some will say you should email the CEO, and you could probably try, or even call back over and over trying for a different answer, but I don't that 9 months later there is anything you can do.

Well its crappy customer service anyway. RC know very well which promos were offered at the time. And for every person that complains there are probably 5 that do as you say and 'move on'. It's those people who then tell many other people about their expereince when deciding who to deal with

I'm D+ and the OBC Royal offers on their special sales is not combinable with the balcony discounts.

That may well be BUT the balcony discount is supposed to be a perk, not a penalty. We are being penalised for being loyal. If it were the case that the balcony discount was $US400 I would have no problem but it wasn't, it was $AU292.00 which on today's conversion is $US221.48 - a far cry from the $US400.

They should either make our balcony discount $US400 or reduce the OBC to $US178.52.

Cheers

Di

I'm D+ and the OBC Royal offers on their special sales is not combinable with the balcony discounts.

I understand that, however my gripe is that at no point during the booking process was I asked which promo I wanted to take advanatage of. Why would I choose a AUD$48 discount over a AUD$194 OBC offer. I'm happy to forego the CAS discount to have the OBC re-instated. Then to tell me the only way to change is to cancel the booking and re-book in a different cabin, lose my $200 deposit, and pay $400 more. Why can't they just amend the original booking to the original offer I booked.

That may well be BUT the balcony discount is supposed to be a perk, not a penalty. We are being penalised for being loyal. If it were the case that the balcony discount was $US400 I would have no problem but it wasn't, it was $AU292.00 which on today's conversion is $US221.48 - a far cry from the $US400.

They should either make our balcony discount $US400 or reduce the OBC to $US178.52.

Cheers

Di

Totally agree Di. I don't understand why some people are defending RC and their crappy customer service. I'll now be looking at other cruise liners in the future

Totally agree Di. I don't understand why some people are defending RC and their crappy customer service. I'll now be looking at other cruise liners in the future

Well, I guess we all like to defend the line we are loyal to and generally, Royal offers a lot of good however this is not right and it needs addressing. As you have inferred, there should be an option box that you can tick as to whether you would prefer the OBC or the balcony discount.

Cheers

Di

Call resolutions. I have had items disappear off my booking or been given invoices with incorrect balances after making a payment. Resolutions was always able to see the correct information and restore/provide me up to date invoice. Be sure to ask for a copy of your amenities which will list any credits as well.

I understand that, however my gripe is that at no point during the booking process was I asked which promo I wanted to take advanatage of. Why would I choose a AUD$48 discount over a AUD$194 OBC offer. I'm happy to forego the CAS discount to have the OBC re-instated. Then to tell me the only way to change is to cancel the booking and re-book in a different cabin, lose my $200 deposit, and pay $400 more. Why can't they just amend the original booking to the original offer I booked.

We're also D+ but haven't sailed in balcony cabins for several years (needing to book 2 insides for children with us), but in this case, I probably would have claimed the OBC credit and not provided our C&A numbers until onboard to receive the onboard C&A benefits and still have the sailing count for C&A point purposes.

If this doesn't work for some reason, I'm sure another poster will chime in....

Sorry it was a problem for you.

Did you get a discount on the cabin compared to your friends?

Call resolutions. I have had items disappear off my booking or been given invoices with incorrect balances after making a payment. Resolutions was always able to see the correct information and restore/provide me up to date invoice. Be sure to ask for a copy of your amenities which will list any credits as well.

This is what I would try, they should be able to fix this without cancelling and rebooking.

Well, I guess we all like to defend the line we are loyal to and generally, Royal offers a lot of good however this is not right and it needs addressing. As you have inferred, there should be an option box that you can tick as to whether you would prefer the OBC or the balcony discount.

Cheers

Di

Usually, it's automatic. But, just looking at the #'s would give an individual a heads up. For instance, a D+ discount for a 7 nite is $250 and it's easily compared to the obc offered in the promo.

In their most recent promo, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, got both the BD of $250 and $200 obc for a non-refundable balcony.

Cheers

Di

You don't get penalized. You get a cabin discount on any fare that can be combined with C & A Discounts. OR you can book the promotion and receive the lower fare. Most businesses do this. On most "sales," there is a disclaimer "not combinable with other discounts." I've done this many times. In fact, I booked 3 cabins for our family. I put my wife and DIL in one cabin, my son and I in another, and my military son in the 3rd. That way we could take advantage of BOTH my wife's and my D+ Cabin discount, and if military rates came up we could take advantage for all 3 cabins. Then a few weeks before final payment, they had a promotion "kids sail free." Since there 5 kids with us, I changed the fare. We lost the D+ discount as it was "not combinable," and the adult fare went up. But after getting the kids for free, it saved me a very significant amount. Did I get "penalized?" HECK NO! It was a great deal. You really need to get over the idea that you are "entitled" to every good deal PLUS an extra amount off.

P.S. I ALWAYS use a Travel Agent. Then this problem doesn't arise. She and I discuss the options and book the most advantageous to me.

Did you get a discount on the cabin compared to your friends?

Yes, but only a AUS$48.00 discount, however the AUS$194.00 OBC was taken away (with no advice). At no point was I asked which promotion I wanted to take advantage of (the choice was obvious). I wasnt aware at the time that the CAS discount and OBC offer weren't combineable otherwise we wouldn't have entered our CAS numbers when booking

Yes, but only a AUS$48.00 discount, however the AUS$194.00 OBC was taken away (with no advice). At no point was I asked which promotion I wanted to take advantage of (the choice was obvious). I wasnt aware at the time that the CAS discount and OBC offer weren't combineable otherwise we wouldn't have entered our CAS numbers when booking

And all I am asking them to do now is remove my CAS discount, and re-instate the OBC offer that I booked . But that just seems too hard. Even a token $100 OBC would satisfy me as this would almost make up the differance. And lets face it, the OBC is just that - I will spend it on the boat anyway

And all I am asking them to do now is remove my CAS discount, and re-instate the OBC offer that I booked . But that just seems too hard. Even a token $100 OBC would satisfy me as this would almost make up the differance. And lets face it, the OBC is just that - I will spend it on the boat anyway

While I am sure you would love it if they did, getting that to happen is very unlikely. Very few companies will give you$100 because you screwed up 9 months ago, and think they should pay for your mistake.

I would probably just write it if as a mistake and learn from it, otherwise you will just tarnish your vacation before it starts.

While I am sure you would love it if they did, getting that to happen is very unlikely. Very few companies will give you$100 because you screwed up 9 months ago, and think they should pay for your mistake.

I would probably just write it if as a mistake and learn from it, otherwise you will just tarnish your vacation before it starts.

Yes, thanks I have already taken your suggestion on board, but to be honest I like the fight. From reading many posts on here RC need to lift their game in a lot of ways and make things more transperant. If we all roll over they will never change. Even if my pursuit is a fruitless one, at least I am geting my point of view to them and, even though they probably don't care, it may be the reason I will look elsewhere when I cruise again. It is not a hard thing to do to honour the original booking I made