No poolside food on Getaway?

Soxpeat

Looking to take the Getaway for next year at Thanksgiving and I saw there isn’t a pool side grill like we are used to seeing. I saw Buffett’s “burger” joint on there but that doesn’t work for something quick at the pool for the kids while swimming. Even at days at sea the only option is to get dressed and herd the little ones all the back to the garden cafe for lunch?

Looking to take the Getaway for next year at Thanksgiving and I saw there isn’t a pool side grill like we are used to seeing. I saw Buffett’s “burger” joint on there but that doesn’t work for something quick at the pool for the kids while swimming. Even at days at sea the only option is to get dressed and herd the little ones all the back to the garden cafe for lunch?

You don't really have to get dressed for the Garden Cafe. Coverups or swim shirts and swim shorts are fine along with some type of footwear, like flip flops or sandals. Just don't be dripping wet.

Don't understand why they got rid of the grills on these few ships! It is a nice touch and so convenient. What will they get rid of next?

The Getaway and Escape never had them. I do agree it is a nice touch, though, and enjoyed the poolside grill on my Dawn cruise.

The Getaway and Escape never had them. I do agree it is a nice touch, though, and enjoyed the poolside grill on my Dawn cruise.
Yeah...I guess I am thinking of the Dawn and the Gem. I thought all the ships had it.........guess not!

The buffet is RIGHT THERE. Tons of people in the buffet are coming from the pool. Throw a t-shirt or a cover-up on them and go eat. Or grab food and eat outside at your chairs. It's really no different that if a grill was there, just more food.

• Like 1

If you are looking at the deck plans, you will see that it is less than a minute walk into the buffet. Can’t be any closer.

You would have to walk up 1 deck to get to the old Flamingo Grill.

The buffet is RIGHT THERE. Tons of people in the buffet are coming from the pool. Throw a t-shirt or a cover-up on them and go eat. Or grab food and eat outside at your chairs. It's really no different that if a grill was there, just more food.
I think we get that! :rolleyes:
  • Haha 1

So there aren’t any tables either. You would have to eat on the lounge chairs if you wanted to eat outside?

They are tables and chairs outside the Garden Cafe along the sides near the pool. I seen this on the Breakaway, the Getaway should be similar

So there aren’t any tables either. You would have to eat on the lounge chairs if you wanted to eat outside?
I generally don't need a table if I am eating a hot dog or a hamburger. I think the real point here is that the hamburgers on the buffet are not grilled on a grill like you do at home. But some ships still do that...I think Dawn and Gem had them when I was last on one of those and the food off the grill was great. That's the real reason I would miss the poolside grill.

There may have been chairs poolside on the Getaway, but not many. I doubt you will find a place to eat if the pool area is crowded. It seems that NCL is trying to get the passengers away from pool side dining.

not sure that I have seen any pools surrounded by dining tables on any ship. unless you are talking about the Havens pool where the dining room is too small and they use the pool area for overflow seating.

• 6 years later...
On 11/29/2017 at 5:28 AM, LrgPizza said:

Well…you’re right, there is food proximate However, poolside at the Bellagio, I love ordering food they bring to me that I can enjoy while I lounge. This is a complete surprise to me. I assumed there would be poolside service like 4* and 5* hotels. Thanks for letting me know. Actually, last cruise, the Indian food station at the buffet rivaled Ocean and Le Bistro.

20 minutes ago, SEAgent said:

Well…you’re right, there is food proximate However, poolside at the Bellagio, I love ordering food they bring to me that I can enjoy while I lounge. This is a complete surprise to me. I assumed there would be poolside service like 4* and 5* hotels. Thanks for letting me know. Actually, last cruise, the Indian food station at the buffet rivaled Ocean and Le Bistro.

Sorry, but why are you bumping a nearly seven year old thread?  

on the substance, if you’re looking for four or five star service, book a Haven cabin.  You can order food at the pool or on the sundeck that will brought to you.  Outside of the Haven, yes, you have to walk to the buffet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SEAgent said:

Why would you reply to a comment made 7 years ago???

And how could you possibly compare a middle of the road cruise like to a 5 star hotel?  Makes no sense. 

• Like 1