One For The Ladies -Panteyhose (tights)

Tiggipaws

Temperatures around the ship are generally pretty comfortable; wearing pantyhose is a personal choice. Last cruise (Europe and trans-Atlantic) I brought pantyhose, but never wore them, as I either wore slacks to dinner, or on Gala nights, a long dress. If I had brought a cocktail length dress, then I certainly would have worn pantyhose; my legs aren't pretty with spider veins (more like road maps LOL), etc., and a little coverage makes me feel better about them.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I either wear a longer skirt, slacks, or thigh highs. Pantyhose are a nuisance, but certainly better than the garter belt and stockings of my youth...EM

If wearing a knee length dress, I wear hose as I think my legs look better. :) in my dress if I am wearing panty hose.

The new tights that are more like tight fitting pants than pantyhose are much easier to pull on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know. But if one is wearing a short dress, say a LBD, what tights would be worn? Black, nude . . .? I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that tights would be opaque or semi-opaque?

I think we have a disconnect here...The OP is from the UK, and what we call pantyhose are referred to there as tights . Same thing, different terminology. EM

I understand, but Wayfairers and other U.S. posters also referred to tights, as separate from pantyhose. Hence my question, as to the easy of pouring oneself into the tights as opposed to pantyhose. Now I am wondering what kind of tights would look good with a short dress, such as a LBD.

Edited by Tampa Girl
wasn't finished

I understand, but Wayfairers and other U.S. posters also referred to tights, as separate from pantyhose. Hence my question, as to the easy of pouring oneself into the tights as opposed to pantyhose. Now I am wondering what kind of tights would look good with a short dress, such as a LBD.

In my opinion (and it's just my opinion), if a woman is going to wear a LBD and wishes to wear tights (as opposed to pantyhose), I would think black tights would look better than flesh toned.

In my opinion (and it's just my opinion), if a woman is going to wear a LBD and wishes to wear tights (as opposed to pantyhose), I would think black tights would look better than flesh toned.

I think you are right. Do they make tights in semi-opaque? I agree with the others that a short dress and bare legs don't always look good, particularly if one is over a certain age.

I wear a number of diffferent LBD"s and mos are fine with off black pantyhose. I think tghye are flattering to legs if the color is not interrupted around knee length. I like a smooth transition from hem line to hosiery. Off block does that reasonnably fine on me.

I thhink this thread may be moved to cruise cruise / fashion forum. :)

Edited by sail7seas

I wear a number of diffferent LBD"s and mos are fine with off black pantyhose. I think tghye are flattering to legs if the color is not interrupted around knee length. I like a smooth transition from hem line to hosiery. Off block does that reasonnably fine on me.

I thhink this thread may be moved to cruise cruise / fashion forum. :)

Is there one??? At least we are suffering some unnecessary, caustic, or "cute" comments from the male side of this forum!clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

For me, tights have always referred to the more sturdy, and usually more opaque hose. I grew up doing dance and this is what we referred to them as. Pantyhose are more sheer and made of thinner material, in my experience.

If it is a plain dress, I like patterned tights. I do not like pantyhose because they run too easily in my opinion and I have long nails so they snag more easily. If it is a more elaborate dress, I do go with plain texture and find that tights hold up better to sequins and glitter on a dress. Pantyhose get snagged a LOT by sequins.