Mr. Sancho's or Paradise Island?

joteacher

Hi All...

We're cruising in February and actually booked Mr. Sancho's for our day in Cozumel. However, a friend wants us to go to Paradise Island instead. Do any of you have experience with both, and if so, which would you choose? Paradise Island looks really nice with lots to do...I'm just not sure.:confused:

Thanks for any help you can give me!

~Joanne

Hi All...

We're cruising in February and actually booked Mr. Sancho's for our day in Cozumel. However, a friend wants us to go to Paradise Island instead. Do any of you have experience with both, and if so, which would you choose? Paradise Island looks really nice with lots to do...I'm just not sure.:confused:

Thanks for any help you can give me!

~Joanne

Do you mean Paradise Beach (similar to Sanchos) OR Passion Island?

We have been to both and prefer Paradise Beach Club mainly because of the pool and loungers under the Palms. We also like the very very short walk to San Francisco and Carlos n Charlies Beach Clubs. Between the 3 plenty to do.

Thanks! I was thinking that all inclusive would be better, but the more I look at it, I'm leaning towards Paradise Beach. I'm guessing that at the end of the day, the prices are probably pretty similar as we're not big drinkers...maybe a cocktail or two while we're there.

~Joanne

Thanks! I was thinking that all inclusive would be better, but the more I look at it, I'm leaning towards Paradise Beach. I'm guessing that at the end of the day, the prices are probably pretty similar as we're not big drinkers...maybe a cocktail or two while we're there.

~Joanne

Paradise Beach has a great pool and facilities. Mitsugirly has just visited there and has a very detailed photo review in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2568508.

You will need to scroll through (Try page 11+)!

She has previous reviews of Sanchos in her signature.

Edited by c-leg5

Can someone refresh my memory? It's been a few years since we went to Paradise Beach, so we plan to go back next Thursday. Do they take credit cards for restaurant/bar payment? It seems like they did the last time we were there, but I couldn't remember. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to both and my choice would be Paradise Beach hands down. The place is absolutely gorgeous and huge. The pool is really big and amazing and the beach is beautiful and there's tons of shade. There's 2 huge restaurants (one by the pool and one by the beach) and they have parrots walking/flying around. The food is good as well.

Look at both reviews of them in my signature line. They both have TONS of pictures in them to help you decide.

I have been to both and my choice would be Paradise Beach hands down. The place is absolutely gorgeous and huge. The pool is really big and amazing and the beach is beautiful and there's tons of shade. There's 2 huge restaurants (one by the pool and one by the beach) and they have parrots walking/flying around. The food is good as well.

Look at both reviews of them in my signature line. They both have TONS of pictures in them to help you decide.

Thanks I didn’t remember there were two restaurants at Paradise. We have never stayed for the day - just called in a few years ago on passing but I was put off by how crowded the beach was and spent our short time there at the pool, which is great. I saw your photos - I don’t know how you manage to visit these places when they are empty!

Have always planned to return with kids but haven’t made it yet.

Thanks I didn’t remember there were two restaurants at Paradise. We have never stayed for the day - just called in a few years ago on passing but I was put off by how crowded the beach was and spent our short time there at the pool, which is great. I saw your photos - I don’t know how you manage to visit these places when they are empty!

Have always planned to return with kids but haven’t made it yet.

Off Season ;):D We always cruise in November and I think that's the key.

Off Season ;):D We always cruise in November and I think that's the key.

Not sure about that. - we nearly always do end of Nov and end of Feb. I think at Paradise this time it probably had more to do with the weather. We have had days at end of November/ beginning of December that WE wouldn’t consider beach days but then we are from Houston. I think the week after you they had an El Norte come through.

Not sure about that. - we nearly always do end of Nov and end of Feb. I think at Paradise this time it probably had more to do with the weather. We have had days at end of November/ beginning of December that WE wouldn’t consider beach days but then we are from Houston. I think the week after you they had an El Norte come through.

It could have been the weather. But it does seem like we always have a good beach day with very little people there during the time we cruise. Maybe I'm just lucky. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So when the ships dock at Cozumel, and we want to go to Paradise Beach do we just flag down a taxi? Does anyone have a rough idea how much a taxi would be and I assume they must take US currency since it's clearly a tourist area with many Americans. Thanks for any info

So when the ships dock at Cozumel, and we want to go to Paradise Beach do we just flag down a taxi? Does anyone have a rough idea how much a taxi would be and I assume they must take US currency since it's clearly a tourist area with many Americans. Thanks for any info

There's a taxi stand after you get through all the souvenir shops. They have all their fares clearly listed at the taxi stand on a large fare board. They do take US currency.

There are 3 cruise ship piers on Cozumel and each has a taxi line with a fare board listing the fare in US dollars to most of the popular tourist spots --- taxi for up to 4 passengers to Paradise Beach should be about $16 or $17 each way.

US Dollars are accepted at all of the popular tourist spots and by the taxis - bring lots of small bills ($1's, $2's and $5's) -- cab drivers and bar tenders all over the world never seem to have change when you pull out a $20. :(

There are three piers at Cozumel. Be sure to note which one you are at for your return.

Each pier has a taxi dispatch stand with a notice board with rates to popular places. Paradise will be around $15 for up to 4 people. Note current rate on board, also prices for 5 ppl and more.

If you get off with everyone else there will generally be a line. You can go out onto the street and will generally flag a taxi quicker but best to know your fare in advance and check with driver before leaving. On the street they are not obligated to give you the 4 person rate if it is a bigger taxi van. At the dispatch they are, if it is next one in line.

They do take US currency but be sure to have small notes they may not have US change.

Thanks to all three of you. Very good information to have learned. Especially about small bills. Not sure I would have thought to bring small bills. Funny how they don't ever have change. lol Also, thanks for the tips about getting taxi's at the hub instead of flagging one down.

If you use a card at Paradise beach for food, there is an automatic 18% tip added. I had no issue with this, as our service was good the entire time. I loved that everyone was given a beach chair with a large blue umbrella for every 2 chairs. We were there early on the 26th, and it didn't start getting crowded until afternoon. My kids had a blast on the inflatables, went out in the kayaks, and played in the pool. It is well worth the price IMO. It was basically $21 per person, plus food for the day for everything. If we didn't have the kids, we probably would have skipped the extras and lounged at the beach and pool. Bathrooms were kept really clean.

If you use a card at Paradise beach for food, there is an automatic 18% tip added. I had no issue with this, as our service was good the entire time. I loved that everyone was given a beach chair with a large blue umbrella for every 2 chairs. We were there early on the 26th, and it didn't start getting crowded until afternoon. My kids had a blast on the inflatables, went out in the kayaks, and played in the pool. It is well worth the price IMO. It was basically $21 per person, plus food for the day for everything. If we didn't have the kids, we probably would have skipped the extras and lounged at the beach and pool. Bathrooms were kept really clean.

Good to know about the tip! I probably would have added another tip not realizing! It really does sound like a lot of bang for your dollar compared to other activities. Glad your kids had fun!