Most Ridiculous Thing heard......

Just got off the Anthem and heard a man before we even sailed going banshee on GS staff about the unavailability of lemonade around the ship. I watched the guy for a bit but was more interested in the ability of the GS guy to keep a neutral face as the man showed his fury.

Well, in SOME cases, you can ignore some comments, or excuse them as 'First time cruisers'. Others ? Well, as my sister always says, 'YOU just CANNOT fix STUPID'. I do agree with the previous poster about how do SOME of these morons get dressed in the morning, much less find their way too the cruise port.:rolleyes:

Mac

Whilst on a Transatlantic cruise we overheard a couple complaining that whilst docked in the Azores their balcony was facing the sea. The customer service rep did not understand what they were complaining about to be told the guests had booked a port side room so they could see the port. Pete

What about the guest who went down to Guest Services right after boarding and complained that he had an oceanview stateroom and all he could see was the port.

They should be encouraged to sail on the same cruises so they could just swap rooms at every port.:D

dp

One of the most ridiculous things I heard, probably just seemed that way to me because of the coincidence and the fact I hate know it alls.

I was on my way to a cruise, listening to a radio talk program and the host was talking about an article in the New England Journal of Medicine regarding chemicals leaching into water bottles. The first coincidence when I got to the airline gate a little early, the previous flight had just left. I sat down for a long wait and wouldn't you know it someone left behind that very issue of the NEJOM. I found the article and read it. Not being their target audience, I skimmed the article and was able to figure out the main points.

The 2nd part of the coincidence, I was on the pool deck a few days later and some lady said she was going to dump a bottle of water because it was sitting in the sun for several hours and she mentioned this article. Her friend replied, "Oh, I researched it, its not true" I think I'll take the magazine's word over her.

Just got off the Anthem and heard a man before we even sailed going banshee on GS staff about the unavailability of lemonade around the ship. I watched the guy for a bit but was more interested in the ability of the GS guy to keep a neutral face as the man showed his fury.

I hear you! I bought some pretty nice snorkel gear for my trip to Belize on Navigator and carted it with me on my 2009 cruise. I had heard about really great snorkeling there. Long story, only slightly shortened, the excursion was canceled at the pier and we were told to see Guest Services for a 125% refund. I was disspointed, but quietly in the Explorations line when the guy in front of me with the same issue, went balistic and was throwing out the usual cliche, "Do you know who I am?" This was also laced with profanity and threat. When he finally did go away, the agent, a lady from Germany, moved on quickly and turned to me. Boy did I go out of my way to be pleasant. She had my refund done in about 10 seconds.

Great to hear these still live on. Worthy of that tired old CDs "top ten passenger statements" list.

Always takes me back to a scene from an old Fawlty Towers episode: The manager brings a crotchety old guest to her room and she immediately starts complaining that she asked for an ocean view. The manager goes and looks out the window and replies "Oh for a moment there I thought they'd moved it. It's still right there between the land and the sky".

Great to hear these still live on. Worthy of that tired old CDs "top ten passenger statements" list.

Always takes me back to a scene from an old Fawlty Towers episode: The manager brings a crotchety old guest to her room and she immediately starts complaining that she asked for an ocean view. The manager goes and looks out the window and replies "Oh for a moment there I thought they'd moved it. It's still right there between the land and the sky".

Ahh, yes, the crotchety old Mrs. Richards...who had a hearing problem but wouldn't turn on her hearing aid.

-------------

Mrs Richards: When I pay for a view, I expect something more interesting than that.

Basil: But that IS Torquay, madam.

Mrs Richards: Well it's not good enough.

Basil: Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically--

Mrs Richards: Don't be silly. I expect to be able to see the sea.

Basil: You CAN see the sea! It's over there between the land and the sky!

Mrs Richards: I'd need a telescope to see that.

Basil: Well might I suggest you move to a hotel closer to the sea. Or preferably IN it.

-------------

40+ years later and it's still one of the funniest shows in television history. :D