Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

On 9/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, ylouie said:

We booked Best of CinqueTerre tour with  Italy Tours but cancelled out of concern missing the tour .

the instructions stated we have to take a shuttle bus to meet up at the terminal gate.

We are not comfortable what trouble that involves where the ship excursion  will avoid this extra step.

However I am happy Italy Tour wrote back timely my refund will be processed asap.

Anyone can share the shuttle bus process at Port of La Spezia (Florence)? Are there long lines involved?

Happy to report my refund was received promptly.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 8:49 AM, cruzernewbie99 said:

We used italytours.eu for the Best of Florence & Pisa excursion on our recent cruise on Sep 28, 2022. Our driver was Simona - she was waiting for us at the exit of the terminal as promised; she was very funny, polite and got us to our locations on time and safely. We had eight people in our group; the tour was shared amongst other fellow cruisers - this was fine. The van was comfortable and air conditioned. She dropped us off in the center of Florence where we met our English speaking guide who was wonderful. It was very convenient to be dropped off in the city center, as buses are not allowed there. We had free time in Florence and then we headed to Pisa for about 40 minutes which is more than enough time as there is not much else to do/see there other than the tower. I would highly recommend italytours.eu for your excursions.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay per person?

Just back from a great cruise. We had a  day tour booked with Italytours.eu.  Visited Positano and Ravello. Our planned stop in Amalfi had to be changed to Sorrento because of traffic problems on the small 2 lane road and our driver did not want to take the risk we would miss the ship. We enjoyed our our tour very much Nice driver, good car. 

Just back from Celebrity Reflection 10 night Italy, Greece, Croatia.

Used ItalyEU tours for two ports and were very pleased.

Angela, our guide for Positano, Sorrento,Pompeii was delightful! 
ItalyEU tour also INCLUDED a separate guide in Pompeii! 
The driver did a wonderful job and I can recommend this tour highly! It was wonderful, instructions were clearly and return to ship was perfect!

We also used ItalyEU for Pisa/Lucca and once again, perfect. Stefanno served as our driver and guide and did a great job on both counts. 
He was extremely cautious returning us to port (I know that’s a concern for folks booking private tours). 

I would not hesitate to tour with them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, plan09 said:

Just back from Celebrity Reflection 10 night Italy, Greece, Croatia.

Used ItalyEU tours for two ports and were very pleased.

Angela, our guide for Positano, Sorrento,Pompeii was delightful! 
ItalyEU tour also INCLUDED a separate guide in Pompeii! 
The driver did a wonderful job and I can recommend this tour highly! It was wonderful, instructions were clearly and return to ship was perfect!

We also used ItalyEU for Pisa/Lucca and once again, perfect. Stefanno served as our driver and guide and did a great job on both counts. 
He was extremely cautious returning us to port (I know that’s a concern for folks booking private tours). 

I would not hesitate to tour with them again.

Did you feel you were rushed by doing both Positano and Sorrento? What were your favorite things within those two stops/cities? We have the same tour booked for June!

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from a 26 day Med. cruise on the Oosterdam.  We had three outstanding tours with Italy.EU:  Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast, The Best of Rome and Vatican and The Best of Florence (without Pisa).  All three tours were outstanding (well, Florence was so crowded it was hard to enjoy but that's not Italy.EU's fault! and the guide, Marco, tried to find ways to avoid the really busy main streets).  The guides were knowledgeable and fun.  We were picked up right at the pier and returned in plenty of time for all aboard.  There were no problems in any of them.  Information and updates were timely and clear.  I would not hesitate to use them again.

Best of Rome tour with driver and guide for the day. With only 6 people cost was approx $200 p/p, but worth every penny. Our guide Elanora was outstanding. How the driver was able to  navigate the narrow streets with the Mercedes van I'll never know, but he did beautifully. If you only have one day to see the highlights, this is a great tour to take. 

Hello All,

Just back home after our seven night cruise on the NCL Gem.

Took two tours with Italytours and both were very good 😁

Worth considering for your next cruise and much better value compared to the cruise company offerings.

John&Lynne

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, EFKaplan said:

My wife and I just completed two tours with ItalyTours.eu. Both were shore excursions off the Celebrity Constellation. One was an all day tour to Rome, including the Vatican, coliseum, and much more, and the other was the all day tour to Florence and Pisa. Both were excellent. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. The vans were very comfortable. Everything was exactly as advertised and our expectations were exceeded. One of the very best things about this company is their customer service. Cristina is phenomenal. I had numerous email exchanges with her and she was always prompt, helpful and friendly. The price for this tour was very reasonable and is a far better option that the Celebrity options. We highly recommend it.

We’re you able to get out anyplace in Rome beside Vatican?  The tour description appears to be only drive-by. Also what did you do for lunch? Thanks 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:13 AM, Buckeye 6 said:

We’re you able to get out anyplace in Rome beside Vatican?  The tour description appears to be only drive-by. Also what did you do for lunch? Thanks 

We got out in several places, including the Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain. We ate at a restaurant recommended to us by the tour guide and it was fine. We highly recommend ItalyTours, and this tour in particular.

2 hours ago, EFKaplan said:

We got out in several places, including the Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain. We ate at a restaurant recommended to us by the tour guide and it was fine. We highly recommend ItalyTours, and this tour in particular.

Thank you for your prompt response 

Could someone please comment on the vehicles that are used by this company in Italy?  I want to sign up with them for multiple shore excursions but I'm afraid we will feel cramped for the drives to the various locations, especially Rome from Civitavecchia.  

1 hour ago, Levi is good said:

Could someone please comment on the vehicles that are used by this company in Italy?  I want to sign up with them for multiple shore excursions but I'm afraid we will feel cramped for the drives to the various locations, especially Rome from Civitavecchia.  

We used them for 3 tours and never felt cramped.  The one in Salerno felt more like a mini-bus but the others were BMW vans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Levi is good said:

If you like more room, then communicate with the organizer and tell them you only want (for example) 7 people if they tell you the van will hold 9.

I recently did this with this operator and I was glad that I did. I think three in a bench seat on a small-ish mini-van isn't great and the person in the middle has basically no view.

It will likely raise the cost per person slightly (e.g., maybe $10 more per person for a full-day tour). But to me it's worth it for the more pleasant experience -- especially if you're going to be in the vehicle for a long time, such as doing the Amalfi Coast drive.

• Like 3

We did the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento and Pompeii with Italy Tours.

We had a great day with Salvatore. He was there with his sign as we got off the ship which is always good to see. Not only a great driver but was able to give a running commentary about the areas we were going through. He took us to the Amalfi Coast first off because he knew it would be busy later. Positano was beautiful and it was good to have time to explore. Next up was Sorrento, a beautiful city, followed by the highlight of the tour, Pompeii.  The guide was knowledgeable and also conscious of our need to take photographs. The two hours we spent there were most enjoyable enhanced by the fact there was only seven of us. Much better than a coach of 40 people. The journey back to the ship was timed to perfection. The day was thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the money especially when compared to a ships excursion. We would  certainly recommend  Italy Tours.

• Like 1

My wife and I cruised on the Regal Princess and did 3 tours with ItalyTours.eu. Florence and Pisa; Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast; and Cinque Terre. All 3 were fantastic. Excellent English speaking drivers and guides. Small groups up to 8 per van. I highly recommend these tours with ItalyTours.eu. 

We just completed a 7-day cruise on the Norwegian Gem, and we used ItalyTours for 3 tours. We used them for Sicily (Mt Etna and Taormina), Naples (Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast), and Livorno (Florence only--no Pisa). I would highly recommend their services. The drivers were safe, spoke good English, and gave us some good insight on their towns. We only had 6-10 people per tour. We loved having extra guides in Pompeii and Florence. Without them, we would have missed a lot of pertinent info. ItalyTours provided a lot of extra value compared to the cruise line tours, and they guarantee a return to the ship. Some of the cruise members were a bit anxious to get back to the port, and some even tried to pressure our Pompeii tour guide to cut it short to get back earlier. We were back in Naples about 60 minutes prior to all on board time, so we had plenty of time.

Although this was not ItalyTours's fault, I would consider skipping Mt Etna and just going to Taormina and/or Castelmola. We live near volcanoes, we have seen craters/cones, etc.. and while it was cool because it was in Italy, I would have preferred more time in Taormina. However, the honey and olive oil from Mt Etna was delicious, so.. choose your tours carefully depending on what you really want to see. We were trying to see it all, so sometimes we only had 2 hours in 1 place (and if you want to eat in Italy, sometimes the service is very slow).

Edited by sherrihall128
  • Like 1

We used ItalyTours.eu in Livorno in Nov 2022 on our Transatlantic.  We were initially booked to go to Cinque Terre but our blue haired tour guide Stefano (who was channeling Hades from Hercules) said it was going to pour rain there so gave us the option to re-route, which we all agreed would be better than being in the rain in November.  He took us to Pisa, San Gimignano, and a tiny town called Certaldo in Tuscany instead. He stopped at scenic spots so we could take photos and gave us so much information.  He even made a stop at a local grocery store so people could get limoncello for €4 instead of €24 in the tourist area.  We had a fabulous day!

We used italytours.eu in November 2022 for a shore excursion to Florence. I would highly recommend them. Cristina promptly responded to all queries. Instructions on where to meet were clear and concise. They provided a comfortable and clean vehicle and our driver was knowledgeable and got us to where we needed to be on time and safely. She took us to a panoramic view point of the city before driving us into the city to meet up with our tour guide. The view from the view point was awesome! Our tour guide once we reached the city of Florence was also great. She was extremely knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour. After our tour with her was over we had a few hours of free time to explore on our own. The driver arrived promptly at the set time to take us back to the ship. It was an awesome excursion and I don’t hesitate to recommend italytours.eu.

Hello.  We have 5 tours booked between them and their sister company, Spain day tours.    Can anyone please give us guidance on appropriate tipping etiquette?  We will be a party of 2 couples and have never had both a guide and drive. We want to make sure we tip appropriately.  Thank you.