Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

Has anyone been in contact with the company about potential cancellations/restrictions due to coronavirus? 
I’ve booked excursions with them for May.. just wondering if anyone that’s due to tour with them in April has had any communication from them.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted them about canceling our tour May 6 for 3 of us In Cannes since our cruise will likely be cancelled.  Here is the response which is very reasonable. We just have to decide if we wish to rebook for 2021. 

1 - A full refund for the cost paid to us less cost of tickets, if any ---OR

2 – A refund of 25% of what you paid to us right now less cost of tickets (66.75 Euros) + a credit for the full amount already paid less cost of tickets (credit for 100% of the cost à 267 Euros) to be used anytime in the future.

If you think that you will be re-booking your holiday at anytime in the future and you want to enjoy a 25% refund now + have a credit for the full amount to be used anytime in the future, then option #2 would be the best option. We will hold the credit for you in our system and you may use it next year or even years from now. You can also pass the credit to your family/friends.  

The reason we are offering option #2 is that we would like to have you tour with us when things improve again and we wish to reward you for that :-)

18 minutes ago, RuthCD said:

I contacted them about canceling our tour May 6 for 3 of us In Cannes since our cruise will likely be cancelled.  Here is the response which is very reasonable. We just have to decide if we wish to rebook for 2021. 

1 - A full refund for the cost paid to us less cost of tickets, if any ---OR

2 – A refund of 25% of what you paid to us right now less cost of tickets (66.75 Euros) + a credit for the full amount already paid less cost of tickets (credit for 100% of the cost à 267 Euros) to be used anytime in the future.

If you think that you will be re-booking your holiday at anytime in the future and you want to enjoy a 25% refund now + have a credit for the full amount to be used anytime in the future, then option #2 would be the best option. We will hold the credit for you in our system and you may use it next year or even years from now. You can also pass the credit to your family/friends.  

The reason we are offering option #2 is that we would like to have you tour with us when things improve again and we wish to reward you for that :-)

We still have around 7 months before our October 25th Allure sailing so keeping fingers crossed  everything will settle down by then and we go as planned. This also includes the  Nov 1st TA.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigBitt said:

Well, I have been trying to cancel my excursions with them since my cruise was canceled last week, I have not received a response from them.  Has anybody contacted them recently?

I haven't but wouldn't be surprised if they aren't handling many cancellations right now. I hope we will not have to contact them  and our Western Med goes as planned. I have the same information that tours will be refunded but not tickets in the event a tour is cancelled. 

2 hours ago, BigBitt said:

Well, I have been trying to cancel my excursions with them since my cruise was canceled last week, I have not received a response from them.  Has anybody contacted them recently?

There's also no way to know whether or not the proprietors themselves, family, friends, etc have not been directly impacted by COVID and if that isn't the reason for the delayed reply. It's important to keep in mind that Italy has been the hardest hit country in Europe.

Small businesses are won't have the larger staff and systems to fall. back on in the event of a major disaster which unfortunately, is exactly is what has happened all over the world. That said, they enjoy a good reputation and so if at all possible, one would imagine that when it's possible, they will do the best that they can. And it's safe to say then when things eventually return to some sort of normal, things won't ever happening be the same way again again. What that looks like, it's way too easy to imagine right now.

In the meantime, you've communicated with the company, as challenging as it may be, hang on, it's sure you'll hear from someone at some point. 

Keep well and stay safe.  

• Thanks 1

I emailed them on the 1st and got a response back yesterday with the same cancellation offer that RuthCD posted about on 3/24. We're not going to be able to reschedule so I told her I needed a full refund.  😞 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:56 PM, amypintx said:

I emailed them on the 1st and got a response back yesterday with the same cancellation offer that RuthCD posted about on 3/24. We're not going to be able to reschedule so I told her I needed a full refund.  😞 

I did the same on April 2nd and also emailed back choosing full refund. Within about a week the refund showed up back to my credit card. Great company to deal with.

• 2 months later...

Any update on the fine people at italytours.eu?

Are they okay?

are they still in business?

Hope they are doing well.

Have a 12 day cruise booked for July 2021. Time to start researching and confirming plans. (With a Covid-19 opt out back-up plan in place 😲)

I can only comment on using the company a couple of years ago, found them good, vans clean, staff helpful and knowledgeable and a added bonus good price.

On refunds all companies have been slow, my longest wait was 12 weeks.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, klfrodo said:

Any update on the fine people at italytours.eu?

Are they okay?

are they still in business?

Hope they are doing well.

Have a 12 day cruise booked for July 2021. Time to start researching and confirming plans. (With a Covid-19 opt out back-up plan in place 😲)

Yes they are still in business.  We had to cancel one excursion when our cruise in May was canceled.  We rebooked for next year and have just booked excursions with them from Livorno and Naples.  Same great service.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, hoopslover said:

Yes they are still in business.  We had to cancel one excursion when our cruise in May was canceled.  We rebooked for next year and have just booked excursions with them from Livorno and Naples.  Same great service.

Thank you for the feedback.

I decided to go ahead and make our reservations. I'm thinking that since all the 2020 reservations got cancelled, most of them will try to just move to 2021. I better get my name on the list now.

• 6 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 5:10 AM, joern said:

I used them on our visit in Naples last week. We did the Pompeji and Amalfi coast tour. Our guide Valentina and the Pompeji guide Maria did an amazing job and we had a great tour. Price is much less than booking on the ship and it's a much more personal tour, so i highly recommend them

How much was the tour?  TIA

• 4 weeks later...

We used them a few years ago when in Rome and I had booked them for Naples for  our October 2020 trip that was cancelled.  Our tour with them in 2018 was fantastic.  And they were wonderful when I had to cancel for October 2020.  Great communication from first inquiry to booking to traveling (or having to cancel 😞 )  

I highly recommend Italy Tours!

• 7 months later...

We did a private tour of Marseille, Aix-en-Provence and Cassis with guide Silvio and had an absolutely fantastic day!  Their communication throughout the entire process was great and prices reasonable.  Wouldn't hesitate to use them again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for Advice for those of you who have toured in Naples area. 

This is our first time touring this area. May come back at another time. 

We are comparing these two with ItalyTours.eu:

Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano

vs.

POSITANO, AMALFI & RAVELLO

Would you recommend one vs the other? Pros and cons?
For those who have toured the area, we'd love to hear from you! 
Thanks!! 

25 minutes ago, BevLove said:

Looking for Advice for those of you who have toured in Naples area. 

This is our first time touring this area. May come back at another time. 

We are comparing these two with ItalyTours.eu:

Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano

vs.

POSITANO, AMALFI & RAVELLO

Would you recommend one vs the other? Pros and cons?
For those who have toured the area, we'd love to hear from you! 
Thanks!! 

Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano and you wont regret it!

• Like 1

Hi, We also had a tour with Italy Tours, "The Best of the French Riviera" on a recent Getaway cruise. It was by far the best of the tours we did on this trip. Good guide, great itinerary, Cannes, Nice, Monaco and Monte Carlo. I would highly recommend this company.

We're booked with them for two upcoming NCL Getaway cruise stops in Livonor to Florence/Pisa,  and Cannes.  Too bad we may not be allowed to go with them to Florence/Pisa (Italy/NCL still not allowing non-ship tours).  But ironically should be able to go with them in Cannes.

• 3 months later...

After our Sept. 2020 Med cruise was canceled, we re-booked for Oct. 2022. Although I've been almost afraid to get excited about it, I am starting to plan excursions. We, too, booked with ItalyTours for 2020 (and had great service and a prompt refund when the cruise was canceled) and are looking at tours with them again. We are hoping for the best as far as being able to do private tours. 

In the planning process, I have a question. Does anyone know whether the shops in Sorrento and the villages of the Amalfi Coast have historically been open on Sunday? One of our Naples port days is on a Sunday and we are trying to decide what to do on that day versus what to do on our second Naples day, which is Thursday.

Thanks for any help you can offer!