Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

1 hour ago, JRos said:

I emailed them last night so am hoping for a reply today. They do come highly recommended it seems,.

I sent them an email yesterday inquiring about an excursion for September.  Received  what looked like an auto reply today that they are very busy, short-staffed and could take up to 7 days to respond back unless your tour request is for the next month or so.

Ive emailed them regarding 3 excursions that we were interested in.  They replied within 24 hrs.  We're actually booked and paid for the Best of Florence & Pisa excursion in July.  Also booked for the Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi plus Mount Etna and Taormina but currently we are the only ones booked for these excursions.  They need at least 8 people.

We are booked with them in Marseille, Lucca/Pisa, Rome, and Naples for a 21-Day Med cruise on Regal Princess. They are all booked, paid, and confirmed. Cristina from Italy Tours has been excellent in replying to any inquiries. So far, we're impressed with their service. 

Kevin 

On 6/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, TheHawk1 said:

I sent them an email yesterday inquiring about an excursion for September.  Received  what looked like an auto reply today that they are very busy, short-staffed and could take up to 7 days to respond back unless your tour request is for the next month or so.

I still haven’t received a response for my October inquiry. I did get the auto reply a few days ago. I’m looking for a driver or tour operator for the port at Marseilles (Provence). 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:55 AM, cant wait to retire said:

Ive emailed them regarding 3 excursions that we were interested in.  They replied within 24 hrs.  We're actually booked and paid for the Best of Florence & Pisa excursion in July.  Also booked for the Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi plus Mount Etna and Taormina but currently we are the only ones booked for these excursions.  They need at least 8 people.

Beware,  if you don't have 8 participants, they just won't turn up.  Happen to us a fortnight ago,

left standing on the pier waiting,  they sent an email the evening before saying because we didn't have the numbers the tour was cancelled. We didn;t see the email until much later as we didn't have internet connection all the time we were on the ship.  When I read the email, I replied to them, and was furious

and then I was threatened with a Law suit should I say anything on Cruise Critic or Tripadvisor.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We just got back from our cruise and used Italy tours when we docked in Naples, and they were wonderful! 

We did the Amalfi Coast/Pompeii tour and it was one of the best tours we did.

They met us right outside the gate for our ship, and took great care of us. Our tour guide, Gabriella, was so sweet and taught us a lot about the places we toured.

She also made sure that we got back in plenty of time to board the ship. In fact, during the tour, she said it was of utmost importance — which we appreciated.

At the end of our tour she walked with us to the terminal to make sure we knew where to go.

I highly recommend them and will definitely use them again in the future.

• Thanks 1

@trotzoll thank you for that report. We are sailing the Med for three weeks in Sept/Oct and have four tours booked with ItalyTours.eu, including in Naples - taking the Classic Amalfi Tour. Nice to see another good review of them. Glad you enjoyed your tour!

Kevin 

• Like 1

We booked several tours with Italy Tours for our May 26th Azamara Quest and June 4th Celebrity Beyond cruise. We were quite pleased with each one of the tours and appreciated that they were indeed small group tours. I appreciated all the communication with Christina and Mario B. and the fact that I did not have to handle other people's tour money and/or their cancellations & refunds. They answered my questions and took my questions and concerns about my 88 year old mother-in-law in stride. In fact, each of the drivers and tour guides were quite solicitous as well as informative. 

We had 6 or 8 people on each of our tours. One tour had a couple cancel, leaving only four of us, and they asked if we would be willing to pay a bit more to continue the tour. The four of us agreed.

The tours we experienced were:

5/30 Best of Tuscany (with Diego) There were only four of us on this tour from Azamara Quest.

6/05 Aix-Cassis-Marseille (with Marlon)

6/07 The Best of the French Riviera (with Guy)

6/09 The Best of Florence and Pisa (with Stefan; Bernadette in Florence) 

6/11 Etna and Taormina (with Calo)

6/12 The Classic Amalfi Coast (with Luca/Lucca)

We would not hesitate to book with Italy Tours again. The drivers were great (each in his own way) and I feel the tours were a good value for the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I posted this on the other thread, but this seems to be the main thread so I'm posting it again. I also want to add that we were on time, back to the ship, in plenty of time. Also, we chose not to go to Pompeii this time and had plenty of time on our Amalfi Coast tour. We even enjoyed a pizza lunch in Amalfi. 🙂

We booked several tours with Italy Tours for our May 26th Azamara Quest and June 4th Celebrity Beyond cruise. We were quite pleased with each one of the tours and appreciated that they were indeed small group tours. I appreciated all the communication with Christina and Mario B. and the fact that I did not have to handle other people's tour money and/or their cancellations & refunds. They answered my questions and took my questions and concerns about my 88 year old mother-in-law in stride. In fact, each of the drivers and tour guides were quite solicitous as well as informative. 

We had 6 or 8 people on each of our tours. One tour had a couple cancel, leaving only four of us, and they asked if we would be willing to pay a bit more to continue the tour. The four of us agreed.

5/30 Best of Tuscany (with Diego) There were only four of us on this tour from Azamara Quest.

We would not hesitate to book with Italy Tours again. The drivers were great (each in his own way) and I feel the tours were a good value for the money.

• Thanks 1

Booked two tours with IT and both were great tours. We were on NCL Epic and one tour was Tuscany where we were met by Walter at Livorno. The meet up was very simple. The whole day was amazing, we went to Sienna & San Gimignano, both locations are beautiful and we had plenty of free time at both. The second tour was The French Riviera, Alex met us at Cannes and the day was superb, taking in Nice, Monte Carlo and Monaco. The whole tour was of absolute beauty and Alex got us back before the last tender back to the ship which was at 4pm.

Great communication with both Cristina & Mario

Would definitely this company and also their sister companies

Phil

Edited by CaptStubling

12 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

I am so glad to hear Guy is still doing this tour for them. Even though I had my mind set on seeing Italy he made this day my favorite tour day (our stop was in “Villefranche” and we went to  Nice, Mionaco, Monte Carlo and Eze). Maybe it was because we only had 4 people in the van but it was so much fun. What a great guy (see what I did there….lol)! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, erby2283 said:

I am so glad to hear Guy is still doing this tour for them. Even though I had my mind set on seeing Italy he made this day my favorite tour day (our stop was in “Villefranche” and we went to  Nice, Mionaco, Monte Carlo and Eze). Maybe it was because we only had 4 people in the van but it was so much fun. What a great guy (see what I did there….lol)! 

We did, too! It was a great day. When we arrived in Monaco, there was no one there - unbelievable! It was some holiday and I guess everyone was at the beach.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, GOTTODOIT said:

Beware,  if you don't have 8 participants, they just won't turn up.  Happen to us a fortnight ago,

left standing on the pier waiting,  they sent an email the evening before saying because we didn't have the numbers the tour was cancelled. We didn;t see the email until much later as we didn't have internet connection all the time we were on the ship.  When I read the email, I replied to them, and was furious

and then I was threatened with a Law suit should I say anything on Cruise Critic or Tripadvisor.  

I received confirmation for our excursions at Naples and Sicily.  They emailed me that we were the only ones booked for Mt Etna so we ended up booking something with NCL..

• Like 1

We did 3 tours with ItalyTours and we were not disappointed.  

1. Pompeii, Sorrento & the Amalfi Coast. (Private guide at Pompeii)

2. Florence & Pisa rom La Spezia. 

3. Best of Rome & The Vatican ( Skip the line at the Colosseum  and private guide at the Vatican)

Communication from the beginning was great. I mostly communicated with Cristina and she was awesome answering my few dozen questions. All the drivers were on time to pick us up with clean reliable vans. The best thing of our semi-private tours were the private guides that provided us with so much information and history during a tour.  Information that we would not of known if we would have chosen to do it on our own.

These excursions were cheaper than the cruise line but offer so much more. Small groups which gave us more time at different sites. Less time waiting around for passengers to come back since all the groups were small compare to the 40+ per tour that the cruise line offer. I can go on and on but I will leave the few that might be worried/apprehensive/scare of missing the all aboard time... don't worry. 

They had us back at the ship with plenty of time to spare. Not once we're we rushing back. 

Thank you ItalyTours for a great time.

20220619_191041.jpg

20220622_115449.jpg

20220622_123641.jpg

20220622_154851.jpg

20220622_155746.jpg

20220623_100009.jpg

20220623_101952.jpg

20220623_104042.jpg

20220623_105159.jpg

20220623_115817.jpg

20220623_121822.jpg

20220623_134517.jpg

20220623_134638.jpg

20220623_135623.jpg

20220623_142434.jpg

20220624_091258.jpg

20220624_094859.jpg

20220624_124235.jpg

20220624_155812.jpg

20220624_155136.jpg

20220624_145540.jpg

Edited by Angel5168
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Tried to book their Florence and Pisa small group tour for October but they are sadly not available.  Hopefully we will be able to get on the ship’s tour.  🙏

there are many other vendors that have been highly recommended.  When I was researching for my 2019 cruise I created a list of 8 or 9 reputable companies. Sorry but I tossed the list after the cruise. 

I found them by reading trip reports every day in the NCL, Celebrity, RCI forums. Pretty easy research!  Besides italytours, the only companies I remember are joebananalimos, romeinlimo, and aldolimo. _ Also ItalyTourSharing from JoeBanana, which offers people the opportunity to start a tour share group or connect with an exisiting one that needs more people) 

We only used a driver while in Naples; a 9hr trip along the Amalfi Coast.  AldoLimo.  I chose them because they were willing to adjust their itinerary to meet our sightseeing requirements. 

We had a very long port day in Livorno so we did Pisa and Florence as DIY ... took the train to Pisa, then a cab to see the Leaning Tower where we spent an hr, a cab back to the train station to catch the train to Florence, had lunch at the Market, wandered around for a few hrs, then train back to Livorno.  The only regret in Florence was that I didn't take a cab to the Piazzalle Michaaelangelo for the city view ( we spent too much time at the Market).

I tried booking them for a Florence/Pisa tour in October and got a reply back that due to a shortage of guides and drivers they could not do the tour... Currently looking for another company before we resort to using the ship tour.

22 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

I tried booking them for a Florence/Pisa tour in October and got a reply back that due to a shortage of guides and drivers they could not do the tour... Currently looking for another company before we resort to using the ship tour.

We are using ItalyTourSharing.com for a Pisa and Florence tour in September.  There was enough interest on our Roll Call to fill a group of 8 rather quickly.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:38 PM, puppymama1 said:

I wander if it is how many ships that are in port that day.  We are going in November and they got us right in.  We are the only ship in port that day I believe though.